HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Oct 15, 2014, 4:33 PM

Didn't know they were going to have signs on all three sides.

Four hotels in one shot.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2014, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullymon54 View Post

Four hotels in one shot.
The block on the south side of Huron east of Delaware would be a decent site for a modern, even smaller, convention center. Save Howard Goldman's mansion on Delaware and the two larger buildings along W. Mohawk and fill in the rest. You could even bridge Franklin to build on the old Convention Center parking ramp.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2014, 10:35 AM

HEY the google/wiki maps are new!!!
also any new pics of harborcenter??

Old Posted Oct 31, 2014, 11:11 PM

What is expected completion date for Delaware North? I really like this project.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2014, 3:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by East72nd View Post
What is expected completion date for Delaware North? I really like this project.
Fall of next year when Delaware North's current lease expires.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2014, 9:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastperspective View Post
Fall of next year when Delaware North's current lease expires.
Then we'll have a Westin as well? Who would have thought Chippewa would end up being the best street to stroll downtown. Looking forward to seeing what retail and restaurant options end up in the building. Something even as simple as a 7-11 would fill a gap in the area. They can't all be restaurants and clubs.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2014, 1:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedious View Post
Then we'll have a Westin as well? Who would have thought Chippewa would end up being the best street to stroll downtown. Looking forward to seeing what retail and restaurant options end up in the building. Something even as simple as a 7-11 would fill a gap in the area. They can't all be restaurants and clubs.
The hotel flag hasn't been announced yet. When Uniland bought the site the rumor was it was for an Aloft hotel. The latest rumor was that representatives from Ritz Carlton were in town last week and toured the property.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2014, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastperspective View Post
The hotel flag hasn't been announced yet. When Uniland bought the site the rumor was it was for an Aloft hotel. The latest rumor was that representatives from Ritz Carlton were in town last week and toured the property.
I heard Westin from somewhere, not that it really matters too much, as long as it's nice which I'm sure it will be.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2014, 2:47 AM

westcoastperspective,

Do you think BRO would publish an article I write if I get a tour of Sinatra's new rehab on main and take pictures? I was going to do it but don't want to waste my time if they won't post it.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2014, 5:19 AM
Unicorn Wizard!

The Hilton building seems to have a sign that says "Hamster Group" on the other side.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2014, 6:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedious View Post
westcoastperspective,

Do you think BRO would publish an article I write if I get a tour of Sinatra's new rehab on main and take pictures? I was going to do it but don't want to waste my time if they won't post it.
Of course we would!

Old Posted Nov 20, 2014, 1:21 PM

Fingers Crossed for strong sales at Warehouse Lofts at 210 Ellicott. Prices range from $215k to $365k. That's much lower than Avant, on par with some City Centre units, a bit higher than St. Mary's Square on Edward, and lower than most everything in Waterfront Village. If they do well we could see other conversions to condo- that's a positive x 100.

http://buffalorising.com/2014/11/dow...gin-at-215000/

Old Posted Nov 20, 2014, 2:16 PM

Okay, I'm watching the national weather reports, and I don't know whether to have giddy childlike excitement for you guys, or sympathy. I'm about to go outside in nothing but a pair of shorts, and water my newly planted lawn and profusely blooming annuals. I'm from the Rockies, so I am trying to convince myself that all these flowers and no shirt is my new Christmas tradition. Anyway, all that snow is pretty cool right now as the Holladay Season is upon us. During this time of year I'm actually pretty envious of your weather. Come February though, I'll content myself with flip flops, cargo shorts and either no shirt, or I'll dress up and put a tank on.

Be safe guys in all that beautiful, 'snow day' weather.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2014, 3:33 AM

For anyone that would like to help map out the development projects in Buffalo: http://devmap.io/cities/buffalo/developments

It's a great side. If you go to the other cities like Atlanta you can see how it really helps understand all development underway or that is planned.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2014, 2:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeatl77 View Post
For anyone that would like to help map out the development projects in Buffalo: http://devmap.io/cities/buffalo/developments

It's a great side. If you go to the other cities like Atlanta you can see how it really helps understand all development underway or that is planned.
I added about 15 projects but they haven't been approved yet...I'll start filling in some others once the first batch starts appearing.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2014, 9:05 PM

I haven't been in Buffalo since leaving in June, but the Harbor center project has progressed faster than I imagined. They must have really been laying steel and pouring concrete this summer.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2014, 4:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post
Okay, I'm watching the national weather reports, and I don't know whether to have giddy childlike excitement for you guys, or sympathy. I'm about to go outside in nothing but a pair of shorts, and water my newly planted lawn and profusely blooming annuals. I'm from the Rockies, so I am trying to convince myself that all these flowers and no shirt is my new Christmas tradition. Anyway, all that snow is pretty cool right now as the Holladay Season is upon us. During this time of year I'm actually pretty envious of your weather. Come February though, I'll content myself with flip flops, cargo shorts and either no shirt, or I'll dress up and put a tank on.

Be safe guys in all that beautiful, 'snow day' weather.

Absolutely. When I was growing up I didn't think anything of it. We made lemonade out of weather lemons. Now I'm ready for warm weather right after new years for sure. It takes its toll.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2014, 4:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Nevergold View Post
I haven't been in Buffalo since leaving in June, but the Harbor center project has progressed faster than I imagined. They must have really been laying steel and pouring concrete this summer.
It's really a great development. I was at 716 for the first time Saturday and it was filled almost to the brim, which is saying something.

They seemed to be working 24/7 rain or shine. To think less than a few years ago that area was a desolate parking lot.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2014, 3:55 PM

It's coming along! Feel free to chime in if see any inaccuracies or missing developments in the city.

http://devmap.io/cities/buffalo/developments

Old Posted Dec 2, 2014, 9:05 PM
Great White Norf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeatl77 View Post
It's coming along! Feel free to chime in if see any inaccuracies or missing developments in the city.

http://devmap.io/cities/buffalo/developments
great job guys!
really helps to put Buffalo development in perspective

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations