HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Nov 21, 2017, 6:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumdogmillionaire View Post
Rose-tinted glasses I'm sure, losing a place where degenerates flock and loiter is usually a good thing
Degenerates? Ouch.

I understand a bit of nostalgia, I spent a night or two in line with the other "degenerates" in my younger days. But it is just a taco bell... Much happier to have some increased density.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2017, 6:53 PM
BANNED

I understand the sentiment. For many, that Taco Bell has nurtured us back to health in our most feeble state (blacked out). Much like a mother.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2017, 8:44 PM

yeah and it's really late after a game and you want really cheap food as you walk home, so you go in and get yelled at to get in line by a security guard with a visible gun

OR

we can not get something expensive and irritating at TGI McScratchy's because it's closed

Old Posted Nov 21, 2017, 9:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maru2501 View Post
yeah and it's really late after a game and you want really cheap food as you walk home, so you go in and get yelled at to get in line by a security guard with a visible gun

OR

we can not get something expensive and irritating at TGI McScratchy's because it's closed

There's still that Taco place alongside the Addison Red Line station with late night hours. Looks just as cheap in terms of price but quality is likely better.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2017, 9:12 PM
devout Pizzatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK47 View Post
There's still that Taco place alongside the Addison Red Line station with late night hours. Looks just as cheap in terms of price but quality is likely better.
yes. el burrito is ~8 billion times better than taco hell.

people who lament the loss of a taco bell are idiots.

and yes, i lived in wrigleyville for many years in my mid-20s and also vaguely remember stumbling in and out of that taco bell in the wee hours.

it's still just a stupid, ugly, stand-alone, suburban style taco bell in parking lot. our city will be far FAR better off removing that ugly-ass wart.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2017, 9:22 PM
Show me the blueprints

Taco Bell and the Cubs are a great combo as the former causes runs.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Nov 21, 2017, 10:15 PM
1st Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodrow View Post
^ I think it was posted that Taco Bell is moving to Belmont & Sheffield, which, ugh. That is going to be a HUGE shit show late at night.

Meanwhile, the Park at Wrigley is all kinds of Christmas magic. Ice skating rink, lights, Snowflakes, mini Christkindlmarket, HUGE Christmas tree.
You're absolutely right, I brain farted when I typed my reply last night. It'll be located right next to Big City (Shitty) Tap. That alone guarantees that it'll be just as a drunk fest as the current location on Addison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
yes. el burrito is ~8 billion times better than taco hell.

people who lament the loss of a taco bell are idiots.
One's palate inexorably becomes more refined as they grow older and wiser. But every now and then one may feel the need to deviate from a fancy craft brew or fine wine and order a Hamm's or an Old Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
it's still just a stupid, ugly, stand-alone, suburban style taco bell in parking lot. our city will be far FAR better off removing that ugly-ass wart.
I doubt anyone here will miss the building itself, which is an ugly suburban diarrhea stain on the streetscape. I think its more so the idea of getting Taco Bell immediately after mass adjourns in the nearby sporting house of worship.

But, given the density and aesthetic improvement to the neighborhood, I am all for the TB to go.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2017, 12:56 AM

h/t Wrigley Aerials

Quote:
The most noticeable difference in 2018 will be the relocating and widening of the dugouts, which will be moved from 15 to 30 feet down the left and right field lines and should provide more air circulation and better sight lines for the players.

Much of the excavation on the first and third base sides is designed for the Makers Mark Barrel Room and the W Club and is scheduled to open in 2019. Construction on the Catalina Club, located in the upper level behind home plate, also is targeted for 2019.

The American Airlines 1914 Club remains on schedule to be open for the Cubs' April 9 home opener against the Pirates.

Offseason work also includes expansion of concession areas, although those won't be completed until 2019, said Julian Green, the Cubs' vice president of communications.

This latest construction phase, which includes structural improvements and seat replacements, started Oct. 20, one day after the the Dodgers eliminated the Cubs in the National League Championship Series. (Chicago Tribune)

Old Posted Jan 10, 2018, 12:51 AM

The Luis Auto Repair building on Addison across from Wrigley Field sold on 11/29 for $5.8M. From what I can tell, this building was not part of the "Addison & Clark" redevelopment. Anybody know what will happen to the building? I'd have to think it would be torn down and you'd have to think they could get 4 or 5 floors out of this site.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/10...!4d-87.6556982

Old Posted Jan 10, 2018, 2:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
The Luis Auto Repair building on Addison across from Wrigley Field sold on 11/29 for $5.8M. From what I can tell, this building was not part of the "Addison & Clark" redevelopment. Anybody know what will happen to the building? I'd have to think it would be torn down and you'd have to think they could get 4 or 5 floors out of this site.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/10...!4d-87.6556982
From a Crain's article in August:

Quote:
While the Taco Bell will soon be on its way out, so will the body shop and ticket resale store Cubs fans have come to know even closer to the ballpark.

In a separate deal, Wilmette-based developer Terraco has agreed to buy the property at 1035 W. Addison St. that houses those businesses, Terraco CEO Scott Gendell confirmed.

Gendell declined to reveal his plans for the roughly 5,000-square-foot site just south of the stadium but said the property is "well-suited" for restaurants and entertainment development.

A recent marketing flyer for the property obtained by Crain's showed plans to turn the building into a bar or restaurant with a rooftop patio.

via Crain's

Old Posted Jan 10, 2018, 2:38 PM

Given the blank wall that will now be behind the auto body, I'd prefer something 4-5 stories, that also took Sports World and fills out the whole corner.
But if Sports World isn't willing to sell, then this sort of adaptive reuse is fine for now. It could operate for 10 years, then get redeveloped when a developer manages to acquire all the parcels.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2018, 5:58 PM
TL;DR

^ Or they could just plant ivy on the blank walls. There's precedent...

Old Posted Jan 10, 2018, 6:07 PM
Show me the blueprints

It's a placeholder before the inevitable redevelopment of the whole corner. It may be another 10-12-15 years though and when it happens the owners are likely to make out like bandits.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Jan 12, 2018, 3:11 PM

Has there ever been an official asking price for the Sportworld lot and neighbor or is it so rediculous that no one has even made an offer. Its just odd that the clark and addison project would miss out on the main focal point of that block, only answer has to be an outrageous pricetag.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2018, 6:30 PM
You had me at herro...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWillChicago View Post
Has there ever been an official asking price for the Sportworld lot and neighbor or is it so rediculous that no one has even made an offer. Its just odd that the clark and addison project would miss out on the main focal point of that block, only answer has to be an outrageous pricetag.
Yes, for sure they offered a ton of money to buy them out, but they both steadfast refused.

My friend's family friend owned the autobody shop and they offered him a ton to sell out a few years ago and he said no. Now fast forward to 2017 and he was just ready to retire so that's the only reason he sold now. I would have to think he could have gotten a LOT more money when they were buying properties for the Clark & Addison building. The economies of scale with that development had a ton of money floating around.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2018, 5:29 PM
North Beach Style

Culver's TOD at 3504 N Clark in Wrigleyville. This one needs some work design-wise. They are proposing 18 units above the Culver's along with 5 parking spaces along the alley.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2018, 7:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallo View Post
Culver's TOD at 3504 N Clark in Wrigleyville. This one needs some work design-wise. They are proposing 18 units above the Culver's along with 5 parking spaces along the alley.

Most delicious smelling apartment ever...

Old Posted Feb 5, 2018, 10:01 PM

people working overtime to mess everything up

Old Posted Feb 6, 2018, 4:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockerzzz View Post
A Taco Bell Cantina is not going into the old Blackwood BBQ store on Belmont and Sheffield.

Cheesie's (next door) acquired the location and is building "A Slice of Cheesie's" pizza place.
Wow first Giordano's then Home Run Inn, then Blaze, and now Cheesie's all within a block of Belmont and Sheffield.

Any word on the former Mi Tierra Mexicana Restaurant?

Old Posted Feb 6, 2018, 6:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjoe45 View Post
Wow first Giordano's then Home Run Inn, then Blaze, and now Cheesie's all within a block of Belmont and Sheffield.

Any word on the former Mi Tierra Mexicana Restaurant?
They are replacing Mi Tierra with an Adobe Gillas...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development