HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation

Old Posted Jun 2, 2015, 8:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by interr0bangr View Post
I think Rock N Ranch is closed for the summer or something. Or at least the sign on the door said as much when I walked by the other day.
Down goes one.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2015, 11:16 PM
Hammer'd

I don't see why in the hell a bar would close for the summer, so it probably died. Called that one before they even opened.
"Above all, Hamilton must learn to think like a city, not a suburban hybrid where residents drive everywhere. What makes Hamilton interesting is the fact it's a city. The sprawl that surrounds it, which can be found all over North America, is running out of time."

Old Posted Jun 3, 2015, 2:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt602 View Post
I don't see why in the hell a bar would close for the summer
Why? to work on their crops and tend to their herds of course!

From Facebook May 3rd:
It’s not goodbye, it’s see y’all later!

It’s that time of the season! We must hit the road and head back to the farm to work on our crops and tend to the herds for the summer. This doesn’t mean the party is over. If you ever get a craving for country, we’ll be taking this all-country party back to the big smoke at our sister saloon, the Rock 'n' Horse Saloon located in downtown Toronto.

We would like to send a heartfelt thanks to each one of you for the gracious welcome into your amazing Hamilton community and we’ll see y’all again soon!

Sincerely,
The RNR Team

Old Posted Aug 20, 2015, 8:26 PM

The rebranding of bars and clubs continues at Hess Village.

The old Rock Bar, most recently a country bar is being rebranded to "Trust" nightclub. The people behind it are the pomotors of "Heist" which is the upstairs club at "Ora".

Looks like they're trying to push it as a dance club/ EDM venue.

I give it about a year give or take until it closes up shop. It's essentialy what sizzle is, and they've been around for over a decade. Don't see this club putting sizzle out of business. Also 77 has a big chunk of the EDM market in a bigger venue. This location is an extremely long building with not much space. Great upstairs patio though.

Thats two country bars closing this year. The one in the old taphouse and this one. Nobody can compete with dirty dogs which has had the country market for a while.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation