HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Lotte World Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Seoul Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Jun 29, 2010, 11:02 PM
Ascension

Korea has a horrible track record in terms of proposing supertalls. I won't believe it until it's built.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2011, 7:49 AM
Mortaaaaaaaaar!

Looks like piling may finally be starting.

[/QUOTE]
korea2002

Old Posted Jun 4, 2011, 7:30 PM
Mortaaaaaaaaar!

VERY impressive mat-slab pour going on right now. Also, move to U/C.

H/t to inno4321

Old Posted Jun 5, 2011, 1:16 AM

That is absolutely insane looking! Congrats to South Korea if this makes it all the way!

Old Posted Jun 5, 2011, 1:57 AM

Wow, bet a lot of people didn't sleep the night before that pour!

Old Posted Jun 5, 2011, 5:25 PM

Moved to U/C. . .

. . .

Old Posted Jun 5, 2011, 5:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrBTowers View Post
That is absolutely insane looking! Congrats to South Korea if this makes it all the way!
Right. 5237 concrete mixer truck. nonstop pour for 34hours . Now waiting for 'Dream Hub Project'

Construction of Lotte Super Tower to begin Saturday

JUNE 02, 2011 05:08
Construction of the second Lotte World complex, or Lotte Super Tower, will begin Saturday with an aim of completion by late 2015, the builder of one of the world’s tallest skyscrapers said Wednesday.

Lotte Corp. CEO Lee Won-woo told reporters at Lotte Hotel in Seoul that concrete consolidation work for the skyscraper will begin Saturday and continue through Sunday.

A huge amount of concrete enough to build 450 apartment units each covering 132 square meters will be poured into the site for 32 hours.

More than 5,300 concrete mixer trucks will be mobilized to deliver the cement. If the trucks are put in a line from the construction site in Seoul`s Jamsil district, they would reach Osan, Gyeonggi Province.

In addition, 4,000 tons of iron bars each 51 meters in diameter and 50 percent thicker than ordinary ones will be used. The massive volume of building materials is necessary to bear the weight of the 740,000-ton skyscraper.

The size of the concrete foundation is also enormous, reaching 80 percent of a soccer field. It measures 72 meters in both width and length and its height is equivalent to that of a two-story building.

The builder said, “Its scale is the world’s fourth largest after China’s Shanghai Tower, Hongkong’s ICC and China’s Shanghai World Financial Center.”

Lotte Corp. will also utilize cutting-edge homegrown construction technologies and methods, including wind and earthquake resistant designs, a technique to build one story every three days, and a high-strength concrete pumping technology that can shoot concrete up 500 meters above ground.

Ground construction for the skyscraper will begin next year after underground construction is completed by year’s end.
source : http://english.donga.com/srv/service...=2011060294458

source :http://www.cyworld.com/sean8228/8068414

source :http://cafe.daum.net/skyscrapers?t__nil_cafemy=item

Last edited by inno4321; Jun 5, 2011 at 6:29 PM.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2011, 7:35 PM
Seek The Upward Horizon

Most disturbing-looking construction process EVER.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2011, 10:06 PM

Lotte Corp. will also utilize cutting-edge homegrown construction a technique.... to build one story every three days....

HOW?!

Old Posted Jun 6, 2011, 2:36 AM
Mortaaaaaaaaar!

^It's not an unprecedented rate. Burj Khalifa was built at one floor every 3 days.

Slightly disappointed that construction wont reach ground level until the end of the year though.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2011, 12:50 PM

It looks like the chickens have finally come home to roost. Korean construction companies have been building supertalls all over the world, from KL to Dubai. But I thought there was some sort of military restriction from building so tall in Seoul. It's also good to see another international capital pierce the supertall level with a sharp looking pinnacle.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2011, 5:53 PM
Twin Towers crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandelay View Post
It looks like the chickens have finally come home to roost. Korean construction companies have been building supertalls all over the world, from KL to Dubai. But I thought there was some sort of military restriction from building so tall in Seoul. It's also good to see another international capital pierce the supertall level with a sharp looking pinnacle.
I completely agree with you. That country deserves a supertall and the design of this one is very good
America and New York deserve to have twin towers again! I am boldly resisting the twin towers taboo enforcers - a.k.a. the bullies who harass folks on this forum just because they have different opinions than these bullies do!
Recipe for the best syrup in the world:
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=191318

Old Posted Jun 7, 2011, 10:41 AM
arf

Those photos are freaking awesome. The scale is just crazy.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Jun 7, 2011, 6:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalziand View Post
^It's not an unprecedented rate. Burj Khalifa was built at one floor every 3 days.

Slightly disappointed that construction wont reach ground level until the end of the year though.
I'm agree with you. Maybe take the time for ground level construction. Because this Tower constructed not only Tower but also another 7 building wich like shopping mall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
I completely agree with you. That country deserves a supertall and the design of this one is very good

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandelay View Post
Right. Your proverb impressive. Also There is some military restriction in seoul. So very hard to make skyscrapper in seoul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
Those photos are freaking awesome. The scale is just crazy.
Right huge site.

Last edited by inno4321; Jun 7, 2011 at 7:14 PM.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2011, 6:49 PM

Another Angles. Take by worker.

^^Entrance check with IC card and camera(face recognition?).
SOURCE: http://cafe.daum.net/mixertruckkorea...A5%BF%F9%B5%E5

SOURCE:http://cafe.daum.net/snutnight08/IYq...A5%BF%F9%B5%E5

Last edited by inno4321; Jun 7, 2011 at 7:05 PM.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2011, 2:06 AM

I have a sudden urge to eat snow crab..

Old Posted Jun 8, 2011, 2:44 AM

im not believing this until its at least 1600 ft. to me this site is no different to that of the Chow Tai Fook Center.

Buildings Over 200 Meters 62 Completed 20 Under Construction 50 Proposed 0 On Hold

Old Posted Jun 8, 2011, 1:20 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Wow this is really happening. I went to Korea too soon. Well, I will be back, as I married an ethnic Korean girl.
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Old Posted Jun 9, 2011, 3:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyscrapersOfNewYork View Post
im not believing this until its at least 1600 ft. to me this site is no different to that of the Chow Tai Fook Center.
No offense
IMO, Seoul tower different from Chow Tai Fook Center in Guangzhou. Actually, there is big problem with seoul's some project. example dream hub, seoul's lite ect.
But this project is no doubt. Because land owner and construction company and financial is same.

seoul lotte tower spent almost 20 years for resolve millitary restriction.

Already lotte pay $ 1 billion for moving airforce airstrip and
$ 6 billion for traffic complex system of around construction site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
Wow this is really happening. I went to Korea too soon. Well, I will be back, as I married an ethnic Korean girl.
Congrats!

Last edited by inno4321; Jun 11, 2011 at 8:32 PM.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2011, 2:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inno4321 View Post
No offense
IMO, Seoul tower different from Chow Tai Fook Center in Guangzhou. Actually, there is big problem with seoul's some project. example dream hub, seoul's lite ect.
But this project is no doubt. Because land owner and construction company and financial is same.

seoul lotte tower spent almost 20 years for resolve millitary restriction.

Already lotte pay $ 1 billion for moving airforce airstrip and
$ 6 billion for traffic complex system of around construction site.

Congrats!
I'm just not confident in Seoul's ability to build anything given their record with supertalls. For all i know this could end up like the Pingan international Finance Center.

Buildings Over 200 Meters 62 Completed 20 Under Construction 50 Proposed 0 On Hold

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive