HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Lotte World Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Seoul Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Oct 27, 2009, 11:00 PM

Like it, but I doubt it'll happen.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2009, 4:28 PM
The Vomit Bag.

too bad it is such a sore thumb. I prefer it nestled within a cluster of talls and supertalls.
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Old Posted Oct 28, 2009, 5:52 PM
Chaos Machine

Boring design I think, especially for being such a centerpiece. Kind of a cross between Russia Tower and SWFC.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2009, 10:56 AM
Rrrraaaahhhhh!!!!!

A render of the top

Old Posted Nov 15, 2009, 12:27 AM
Philly -> Osaka -> Tokyo

It's Orthanc!

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)

Old Posted Nov 19, 2009, 10:36 PM

Love the renders, but that roof top could be put to more use. Install some thick glass around the perimeter and make an outdoor park or something.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2009, 6:52 AM

I think if they wove communications equipment into that top it would make more sense.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2009, 5:04 PM
The Vomit Bag.

will this join the extraordinary long list of "never built" for South Korea?
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Old Posted Dec 3, 2009, 6:44 PM

wow, that's a very futuristic looking mega-tower... Mega City 1 here we come!

Old Posted Dec 12, 2009, 6:58 PM
Rrrraaaahhhhh!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
will this join the extraordinary long list of "never built" for South Korea?
Maybe, but so many have been proposed that eventually one will get built by chance. This could be the one I think.

This is a recent update. I'm not sure if the hole is for the tower itsself or some other part of the project. I asked the person who provided the update on SSC to say. If it is for the tower I'll move this to the construction section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by korea2002 View Post

only two pics from korea Community..in this Construction site,this is Security for Lotte..
No pics...understand me!

Old Posted Jan 11, 2010, 11:47 PM

I fucking love that design.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2010, 1:38 PM
Editor

Construction of second Lotte World gets nod

By Lee Hyo-sik
Staff reporter

Lotte Group, one of Korea's major family-controlled conglomerates, has received a green light from the Seoul Metropolitan Government to build a 123-story skyscraper, called the "Second Lotte World," in southeastern Seoul.

The business group has been attempting to build the landmark near its famous indoor park, Lotte World, in Jamsil for years, but was unable to obtain approval from the government.

Seoul had opposed the construction over worries about possible air pollution and traffic congestion in the densely populated area, while the Air Force had raised concerns over air traffic safety at the nearby Seoul Airport, located in Seongnam, south of Seoul.

But Lotte's decade-long effort has finally paid off thanks largely to President Lee Myung-bak's business-friendly policy stance.

The city government said Wednesday that it had approved the conglomerate's plan to build the 500-meter-high skyscraper on 782,497 square meters of land.

Lotte had initially intended to construct a 112-story building on a 607,849 square-meters site, but with the government turning increasingly favorable toward the scheme, Lotte decided to construct a taller tower in September last year.

Under the plan, the upper part of the building will house a hotel, an observation platform and other leisure-related facilities. Its lower part will be filled with cultural and educational zones.

A large square and park will also be built for nearby residents, while Lotte will pay for laying a 1.4 kilometer road in an adjacent area to ease the expected traffic congestion when the project is completed in 2014.

Building a high-rising skyscraper in Seoul has been a dream of Lotte Group Chairman Shin Kyuk-ho for more than a decade.

At one point, he had almost given up his ambition during the previous Roh Moo-hyun administration as the late former President placed greater emphasis on balanced national growth and introduced a range of chaebol-unfriendly policies.

In particular, Lotte had faced strong opposition from the Air Force, which raised safety concerns about airplanes using nearby Seoul Airport.

The airport is closed to the public and used only for foreign guests visiting the country and military purposes.

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news...113_68163.html

Old Posted Jun 26, 2010, 4:10 PM

Dear OneWorldTradeCenter
Thank for your article.
Lotte Tower is 550m 123 Floors. Probably newspaper(koreatimes) is mistake.Thanks.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2010, 4:58 PM

well isn't this surprising

Old Posted Jun 26, 2010, 5:19 PM
Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by inno4321 View Post
Dear OneWorldTradeCenter
Thank for your article.
Lotte Tower is 550m 123 Floors. Probably newspaper(koreatimes) is mistake.Thanks.
I just pasted the text from there. Usually it is 554.7m. They might changed the design and reduced height a few meters for the appoval?

Old Posted Jun 27, 2010, 12:14 PM

Location: enjoying life in Tønsberg the coolest little town in Norway
Quote:
Originally Posted by malec View Post
And Shanghai Tower

dam right i hope they start a real 800 meters pluss war soon i want to see who reaches 1000m first.

as for the tower it is spectacular im happy to finnaly see that south korea is finnaly getting a supertall after all the back and fourth.

and i pray that the war looming on the horizon dont stop this wonderful project in any way

My flickr photo stream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/infernal_elf/

Old Posted Jun 28, 2010, 5:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWorldTradeCenter View Post
I just pasted the text from there. Usually it is 554.7m. They might changed the design and reduced height a few meters for the appoval?
Of course they might reduced height. I'm agree with you.
But according to seoul's official source 550m.
Not yet start construction...so i can not confirm. Thanks.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2010, 6:24 PM
Editor

Well, newspapers are sometimes a bit wrong with height values. Or they even don't care about exact numbers. I just say, it is possible that height has been reduced to 500-meters, so that they got the final approval. If so, there has to be a source that confirms the height of 500m. However, I will keep an eye on that project.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2010, 8:26 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Bharad Dur

Old Posted Jun 29, 2010, 10:04 PM

I see some FSTC-Oculus going on with those lo-rise buildings to the left.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive