HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted Mar 8, 2024, 4:41 PM

Is 2028 realistic? That will be only 2 years after the Arbutus extension. Great if it works out.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2024, 7:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenC12 View Post
Is 2028 realistic? That will be only 2 years after the Arbutus extension. Great if it works out.
From what I've read, yes.

Compared to the BSP, it's a super simple extension. No tunnels, no interchangers, nothing technically challenging, other than some deep piles in the ALR.

(But I just make videos on the internet, definitely not an engineer)

Old Posted Mar 8, 2024, 8:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stainer View Post
From what I've read, yes.

Compared to the BSP, it's a super simple extension. No tunnels, no interchangers, nothing technically challenging, other than some deep piles in the ALR.

(But I just make videos on the internet, definitely not an engineer)
Hopefully you're right, and it can be constructed all at once. 16kms is longer than the Canada Line!

Old Posted Mar 8, 2024, 8:21 PM

Being 100% elevated this is also the longest continuously elevated section of the network built to date. This should be relatively simple to construct with low risk of delays as compared to the other lines.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2024, 9:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stainer View Post
No tunnels, no interchangers, nothing technically challenging, other than some deep piles in the ALR.
Yeah the ALR is the only part that concerns me. I rem someone on here comparing the ground there to peanut butter, so deep piles are essential.

I'm hoping they do something similar to what happened when the Millennium Line first opened and start running to the first few stations for testing before opening the whole line. Then we might have a connection to Fleetwood while they're still working on the ALR section (which is the part I think is going to take the longest to build).

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure