HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver

Old Posted Feb 2, 2013, 6:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoNeurons View Post
This patch of land was turned into residential at the peak of a rising market. For the most part, residential was hot and very lucrative. It was one of the last undeveloped patches of land in the city and I'm sure that greed had a part in its conversion. It is a bit of a residential orphan, isn't it?
At least POLYGON has deep pockets to build the townhomes first and they sell them after. Otherwise it would just be one big empty land.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2013, 6:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
The web site says the first phase (new water) is sold out.
First phase sold out, there might be several units left on the second building.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2013, 6:55 AM

Sound proofing at new water

Is there anyone on here who currently lives in Polygon's new water low-rise apartments? Could you please tell me what the sound proofing is like... or what your overall experience of the place is? that would be greatly appreciated! I'm not sure if this is the right place to post a question like this, but its worth a try.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2013, 7:18 PM
Vancouver Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRunner View Post
Is there anyone on here who currently lives in Polygon's new water low-rise apartments? Could you please tell me what the sound proofing is like... or what your overall experience of the place is? that would be greatly appreciated! I'm not sure if this is the right place to post a question like this, but its worth a try.

I'm told that the sound proofing is average... you can hear doors closing in the corridors, etc. That being said I'm told there are a lot of design defects in the building that are being addressed with Polygon and their sub-contractors.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2013, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deasine View Post
I'm told that the sound proofing is average... you can hear doors closing in the corridors, etc. That being said I'm told there are a lot of design defects in the building that are being addressed with Polygon and their sub-contractors.
I am hearing otherwise.. I am hearing from a buddy that there are no problems or issues. He only had a few minor deficiencies..You can hear closing of doors in ANY apartment building.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2013, 4:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanK View Post
I am hearing otherwise.. I am hearing from a buddy that there are no problems or issues. He only had a few minor deficiencies..You can hear closing of doors in ANY apartment building.
Thanks for the reply guys. So could it be that your different responses come from the two different phases of the project? They might have fixed all the issues from phase 1

Old Posted Aug 3, 2013, 5:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanK View Post
Townhouses are another issue. My friend's coworker had quite a few deficiencies on the predelivery inspection.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2014, 4:18 AM

Took some photos the other day..

Looking towards the site for Shoreline, with New Water in the background and a new bridge they built in the foreground.

Opposite angle of the pit. They are near ground level on the far side.

Looking back west from the furthest extent of the finished road.

Looking the other way from the same spot. It's cool to see the development here go from existing community>new development>under construction>infrastructure prep>wasteland. Don't think you'll ever see this again in Vancouver, especially on this scale.

New intersection at Marine and Kinross.

I'll also add these: development applications for the only two empty sites in the rest of the Fraserlands. Good to see that they'll get developed.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2014, 4:21 AM

Thanks for the update. It's been years since I made my way over there. Very interested to see how this all comes together; so far so goo. It sure is unfortunate that there's no rapid transit nearby, nor any prospect out to the end of the current planning horizon.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2014, 4:26 AM

Yeah, I was just thinking about possible extensions or new routes that could be added to serve the area when it's complete, at least bus routes. I'll post some of my ideas in the transit fantasies thread when I get time to visualize them.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2014, 4:44 AM

The long-shot is LRT along the Arbutus CPR line which then comes east along the tracks that run through the centre of the River District and merge at the New West railyard.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2014, 2:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrizzy View Post
Yeah, I was just thinking about possible extensions or new routes that could be added to serve the area when it's complete, at least bus routes. I'll post some of my ideas in the transit fantasies thread when I get time to visualize them.
The Arbutus Line, when built, could be extended down to Marine Drive Station and then down to River District.

That line could eventually also be extended all the way to 22nd Street Station, although I don't see much benefit in that, at least in the next few decades. Or could turn north on Boundary and then east on Imperial to Metrotown.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2014, 6:48 PM

Thanks for posting - don't get out that way either, so nice to see what's going on.

A DMU along the rail line would serve the light industrial and office space in Burnaby's Big Bend area - from both east and west.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2014, 11:01 PM

Any updates to this project?

Looking to buy a 2 bedroom/2 washroom condo here and was hoping to hear some reviews from existing owners. Thanks!

Old Posted Nov 14, 2014, 4:21 AM

Here are links for the first proposals for the "Crescent" neighbourhood of River District. These are for the four corners surrounding the Town Square. You can find all the PDFs in the links below.

8533 River District Crossing (17 fl.)
http://former.vancouver.ca/devapps/8...rict/index.htm

8538 River District Crossing (19 fl.)

8580 River District Crossing (6 fl.)

3488 Sawmill Crescent (6 fl.)
http://former.vancouver.ca/devapps/p...mill/index.htm

A few things have changed from the original framework of the plan, though not much. I'm especially excited to see how the whole plaza/public realm turns out in the end. Also confirms that the Kent Avenue bikeway will continue through (seperated).

I made a quick context map for anyone who is too lazy to click on the links, since these addresses are for new streets.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2014, 10:55 PM

Thanks for the update UrbanCanadian.

I'm going to be moving into the New Water building on Riverwalk within the next month. I'm facing away from the construction happening on Shoreline so it's quite quiet. Does anyone have any reviews or comments about their living experience at the River District thus far?

Old Posted Nov 26, 2014, 4:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleptoma View Post
Thanks for the update UrbanCanadian.

I'm going to be moving into the New Water building on Riverwalk within the next month. I'm facing away from the construction happening on Shoreline so it's quite quiet. Does anyone have any reviews or comments about their living experience at the River District thus far?
I have a friend that lives in the complex. If you have a car then it's quite convenient. Close to Metrotown, New West & Richmond, all while living in Vancouver. Quiet neighbourhood and will get better with more developements.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2014, 2:49 AM

Just noticed these renders for Polygon's Rhythm development. This is the one at Kent Avenue North & Pierview Crescent (ie. Kinross & Marine Way).

http://www.polyhomes.com/community/r...munity-content

http://www.polyhomes.com/community/r...munity-content

Old Posted Dec 11, 2014, 3:32 AM

Wow it's pretty suburban looking, guess that's what people want. I wouldn't

Old Posted Dec 11, 2014, 5:47 AM
dazzle me

looks like kamploops

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver