HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Skyscraper & Urban Art

Old Posted Nov 21, 2006, 2:38 PM
Uniting Europe

Location: London, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Europe
I had to buy a mac G5 to get the simcity 4 to work normally. I will probably have to buy a supercomputer to get simcity 5 to work.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2006, 4:10 PM
Resident Coonass

I can't wait for Simcity 5, but I will be happy to play Spore too. If yall have time read about Spore. Its going to rock

Old Posted Dec 8, 2006, 5:35 AM
Portage & Main 50 below

Yaaa, but by the time SC5 comes out we'll all be living inside the Matrix anyways. Some of us might even have a job or a girlfriend by then.

Last edited by Only The Lonely..; Dec 8, 2006 at 5:41 AM.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2006, 8:24 AM
Registirred User

from Wikipedia:

In another interview on May 22, 2004, Wright stated that Maxis is currently attempting to work out a "new direction" for SimCity after new versions had become "steadily more complex".[15] He ended his comments on SimCity with the following:

"SimCity kind of worked itself into a corner, (because) we were still appealing to this core SimCity group. It had gotten a little complicated for people who had never played SimCity. We want to take it back to its roots where somebody who had never heard of SimCity can pick it up and enjoy playing it without thinking it was really, really hard."

Electronic Arts has since revealed the development of a new SimCity in November 2006.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2006, 2:26 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Just when I thought that I was cured of my SimCity addiction...

Old Posted Dec 19, 2006, 1:16 AM
Portage & Main 50 below

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthq View Post
from Wikipedia:

In another interview on May 22, 2004, Wright stated that Maxis is currently attempting to work out a "new direction" for SimCity after new versions had become "steadily more complex".[15] He ended his comments on SimCity with the following:

"SimCity kind of worked itself into a corner, (because) we were still appealing to this core SimCity group. It had gotten a little complicated for people who had never played SimCity. We want to take it back to its roots where somebody who had never heard of SimCity can pick it up and enjoy playing it without thinking it was really, really hard."

Electronic Arts has since revealed the development of a new SimCity in November 2006.
I don't know how you can make Sim City better without the complicated controls. Think about how basic the original Sim City was compared to SC 4. By SC4 you could build different flavours of freeways , interchanges, architectural styles, etc..

I think the complexity has made the game play richer, and more realistic. If they dumb down Sim City 5 to appeal to virgin gamers I don't think it will be nearly as good.

Besides I don't think SC 4 is really that hard to learn how to play. I never read the instruction manual.

Just my two cents..

Old Posted Dec 19, 2006, 6:09 PM
Mooderator

I'd really like an option to install that sims shit when you put the CD in the drive for the first time... some people might like it, but I can't be bothered with it.

and having a fire every 30 seconds on fast mode is not cool.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2006, 9:25 PM

Now let's wait for the next GTA.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2006, 3:07 AM
Bears of antiquity

OK, so the toned down version may indicate that they might just put more ploppables, I imagine?

Or... well, I'm hoping anyway.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2006, 5:42 AM
Member Since August, 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecom View Post
Now let's wait for the next GTA.
I hear that.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2007, 7:05 AM

Has anyone else heard that the next SC may be released towards the end of this year? There's this article from way back in Jan '04 that if true would mean the game has been in development for 3+ years:

Quote:
SimCity 5 under construction?
Maxis' Luc Barthelet tells French TV that development on the next virtual metropolis has begun. Maxis won't comment.
By Tor Thorsen, GameSpot
Posted Jan 21, 2004 1:53 pm PT

According to the Web site for the German magazine PC Games, development on SimCity 5 has begun. The pcgames.de article says Maxis general manager Luc Barthelet recently told a French television show that "development started this month" on the game. The article also said Electronic Arts was looking for new development staff to work on the game.

However, when GameSpot contacted Maxis, they issued a flat "no comment." Another source said Barthelet was merely speculating on the SimCity franchise's future and that "too much was read into his comments." But, given the popularity of the series, it may not be so much a question of if development will begin on SimCity 5, but when. Gamespot
Then there's this comment (grain of salt, I guess) from earlier this year on Gamespot:
Quote:
well...my sister is working in maxis ,shes one the desingers in simcity (from simcity classic till SC4 and 5 too ) she told me that u guys will se simcity 5 with A LOT OF NEW AND COOL STUFF in the ending of 2007 or maybe early 2008
And finally, this:
Quote:
SimCity 5 This Year?

According to the Spanish fan site Capital SimCity the Russian web site Absolute Games has SimCity 5 listed to be released in October this year! Furthermore the official distributor of EA Games in Russia SoftClub also states a 2007 release. Since these are only semi-official sources we should take it with a grain of salt, it could just be a misunderstanding or bad communications with EA. Nevertheless no smoke witout a fire and news like these are just what we need in the drought.
Just some speculation...

Old Posted Mar 11, 2007, 3:19 PM
Information Age

Better than nothing.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2007, 12:52 AM
Bears of antiquity

It's in the can apparently, but not slated for release until next year.

Praying for it to be pushed

Old Posted Mar 13, 2007, 8:28 AM
Green Man

Well ya gotta think that Sim City 5 would be at the bottom of the totem poll for Maxis. Spore is coming out pretty soon, EA is still milking The Sims Cow, And who knows if any other "Sim" game comes out that could out sell sim city. Hell I would love to see a Remake of Sim Tower, Sim Farm and i would have liked to see Sim Town and Sim mars come to fruition.

Either way i Expect Spore to be great fun and Will Wright knows what he is doing so I Expect another Sim City but i have a sneaking suspicion that he will let the Sim City Community do the brunt work for the buildings. Thats fine with me as long as they inplement new features that will keep me busy for awhile.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2007, 3:28 PM
Information Age

SC5 and Spore will not compare too much to each other
as Sim City is More "real" and Spore is too "cartonish"(if you use it as a modern city simulator..) But offcourse it will steal the spotlight...

Old Posted May 22, 2007, 4:21 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harls View Post
I'd really like an option to install that sims shit when you put the CD in the drive for the first time... some people might like it, but I can't be bothered with it.

and having a fire every 30 seconds on fast mode is not cool.

F*ckin Right. I hate that shit.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2007, 1:33 AM
Missing the Gorges

The next issue's cover for a magazine called "Games For Windows". Apparently, this magazine has only been around since 11/2006, so it's not referring to Simcity 4. It also has some clout since it's by the same people who were responsible for Computer Gaming World back when that was still being published.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160762

Some curious finds recently...also a Chinese site has been reporting a release date in Q1 2008, but that claim has yet to be substantiated.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2007, 5:59 PM
Wrong Wood

great news.

time to get a new computer. lol

Old Posted Jun 6, 2007, 12:56 AM
National Capital Region

Quote:
EA confirms SimCity 'Societies'

Posted Jun 5th 2007 6:32PM by Alexander Sliwinski
Filed under: PC, Simulations

Joystiq spoke with EA and confirmed the rumor that the next version of SimCity is on the way. Currently dubbed SimCity Societies, EA says that's merely a "working title" at this point. We've been told "it's completely different from SimCity 4, so they're trying to come up with something different than just calling it SimCity 5."

A full feature of the upcoming SimCity can be found in this month's Games for Windows Magazine, which supposedly arrives for subscribers today and hits newsstands later this week. An official announcement of the game by EA is expected next week, which will coincide with the first official release of images. We've been told that the game will also be shown at next month's E3. A new SimCity is always happy news for all the wannabe civil engineers out there. To tide you over until SimCity Societies eats your current PC's RAM for lunch, you'll be able to enjoy SimCity DS this summer
from Joystiq.com

uh-oh... hopefully no "The Sims" stuff

Old Posted Jun 6, 2007, 3:48 AM

First news is here about Simcity Societies, and personally im kind of disappointed.

Quote:
The fifth installment of the popular SimCity series of building and managing a growing metropolis brings a new approach to the game. You now take an active role in construction of the city, crafting the society that reflects your vision of utopia like a grand social experiment.
that doesnt seem like simcity at all...
http://www.1up.com/do/gameOverview?cId=3160082

graphics are okay, kind of boring though. Those buildings look really stupid. But this is a early shot

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Skyscraper & Urban Art