HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted May 16, 2011, 6:41 PM

Live ,this week!

Old Posted May 16, 2011, 7:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedestriAnne View Post
That's been there for a while. ("A while" as in probably a year.) But, it also seemed to me to just sprout out of nowhere. If I'm not mistaken it was a tear down and re-build.

Do you mean the Daiquiri Factory on W. Peachtree? I didn't even know it was there, but I happened to be Zipcar-ing by Sunday night and that place was LIVE. It was totally stuffed with people inside and out. You'd think they were giving the drinks away.
Yep, it's been open a good many months, now, certainly since last year sometime. It wasn't a tear-down & rebuild, though. It was a thorough reno.

Old Posted May 26, 2011, 3:03 PM

NEW cafe at pharr location

Just noticed that Brunch House on Chattahoochee Ave. is now a Cafe At Pharr.

For those of you unfamiliar with the area...about a block away from Nueva Laredo.

Old Posted May 27, 2011, 1:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnihiser View Post
Just noticed that Brunch House on Chattahoochee Ave. is now a Cafe At Pharr.

For those of you unfamiliar with the area...about a block away from Nueva Laredo.
They're opening one at TOWN Brookhaven too.

Old Posted May 30, 2011, 12:52 AM

STK Atlanta rendering

Old Posted Jul 5, 2011, 2:57 PM

Lots of things going on at Tech Square. The Barrelhouse Pub looks to be almost finished, and it's supposed to open this month. Various blogs have mentioned that a Yogli Mogli is moving in, and a restaurant from Richard Blais. I also noticed a new awning was just put up for a Game Stop, although I hadn't heard anything about it.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2011, 12:24 PM

America's Awesome Food Trucks (Atlanta starts the list off!)

Another sign of Atlanta's growing food truck scene.

Quote:
Incredible Flying Soup Machine

City: Atlanta, GA
Cuisine: Soup and other dishes from Souper Jenny Cafe
Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/souperJenny
Sample Tweet: "Mobile truck will be parked in front of Murphy's for Summerfest Sat & Sun Selling Lobster Rolls and other yummies!"
http://www.delish.com/food-fun/metro...ucks?gt1=47001

Old Posted Jul 25, 2011, 5:14 PM

5th Street news

The St. Charles Deli was moving down the street by the Waffle House but it looks like the owners are changing the name/concept. It's now going to be called Chuck's Famous Sandwiches. Hopefully they'll still have their tuna salad sandwich.

Their old corner location looks just about ready to open as the Barrelhouse pub. Lot's of future employees milling about today. Looking forward to seeing their beer list

Old Posted Aug 13, 2011, 5:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainiac View Post
Their old corner location looks just about ready to open as the Barrelhouse pub. Lot's of future employees milling about today. Looking forward to seeing their beer list
Checked out Barrelhouse: beautiful build-out inside. Hard to believe this was the old St. Charles deli! Food was pretty good, slightly upscale pub grub. Draft beer selection extremely weak (4 taps), bottle selection not bad. Good crowd.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2011, 8:25 PM

Former Oprah chef to open Buckhead restaurant this fall

The Atlanta Business Chronicle is reporting that Art Smith, former personal chef for Oprah Winfrey and a James Beard award winner, will open Southern Art in the Intercontinental Hotel Buckhead this fall. The modern Southern cuisine restaurant will feature a cake and pie bar , a burbon bar and source some of its meats from Smith's famly farm near Valdosta, Georgia.

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/n...thern-art.html

Old Posted Oct 26, 2011, 8:21 PM

New restaurant coming

L5P continues to stretch to the south. First it was Front Page News, then the Wrecking Bar and now ground has broken on something to fill in between the two.

A second location of Camelli’s Pizza will go in next to Tijuana Garage. I’ve heard it’s going to have a nice rooftop with lots of seating. I’ve never been to the original location on Ponce but I’ve heard good things about it.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2011, 10:08 PM

Bank for celebrities opens Atlanta office

City National Bank, known as a financial services provider for the music, theater and movie industries, becomes the latest "private bank" to open in Atlanta, a city home to a growing cadre of musicians, actors and professional athletes.

Private banks provide dedicated banking, financial planning and investment services for affluent families and corporations. With City National's move, nearly all of the Top 15 private banks in the United States as measured by Barron’s are either here or moving here.

http://www.ajc.com/business/bank-for...s-1251783.html

Old Posted Dec 22, 2011, 1:35 PM

Several new restaurants have applied for licenses in Midtown:

-"Vinny's Pizzeria" at Spire. Maybe in the old Z-Pizza location?
-"Campagnolo" at 980 Piedmont. My guess is this is the former Nona Mia / big red tomato space.
-"Lime Fresh" at 903 Peachtree. Bakeshop's spot.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2011, 10:58 PM

Good news for Downtown, the long vacant All Star Cafe location is finally being re-purposed as White Oak Kitchen and Cocktails. Owned by the same team that owns Max Lagers. Glad to see that space filled and another locally owned restaurant come to Downtown.

http://whiteoakkitchen.com/

http://atlantarealestate.citybizlist...chtree-St.aspx

Old Posted Dec 30, 2011, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainiac View Post

L5P continues to stretch to the south. First it was Front Page News, then the Wrecking Bar and now ground has broken on something to fill in between the two.

A second location of Camelli’s Pizza will go in next to Tijuana Garage. I’ve heard it’s going to have a nice rooftop with lots of seating. I’ve never been to the original location on Ponce but I’ve heard good things about it.

Now a few months along they’ve made some real progress:

You know, thinking back on it, the last year Little 5 Points got a brand new building was 2000 when the crappy little strip mall with Starbucks opened. 2011 got a rebuilt gas station that actually addresses the sidewalk right on the corner of Euclid and Moreland and now this building which should have great rooftop views of the skyline. Looking forward to going up there! They’re saying they’ll be open in April or May of 2012

Old Posted Jan 5, 2012, 8:13 PM

Based on an event application submitted to the city, it looks like the Red Bull Soapbox Derby (which was held in Atlanta in 2009) may be returning to Midtown in June 2012.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2012, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivtim View Post
Based on an event application submitted to the city, it looks like the Red Bull Soapbox Derby (which was held in Atlanta in 2009) may be returning to Midtown in June 2012.
That was a very awesome event.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2012, 2:45 PM

ATL Concessions

Plenty of news this week:

Along the corner of Edgewood and Boulevard, Soundtable has announced that it is expanding into the space next door. The expansion of the popular restaurant is likely to draw even more people to an area that was one of the few places that continued to improve despite the economic downturn.

Of course, though the political rancor (and litigation) appears far from over, the City Council approved the new vendors for the airport, including the International terminal that is set to open this spring. Notable Atlanta based restaurants that will have locations in the airport include Grindhouse Burgers, Nan (Thai restaurant), Ecco, El Taco, Willy's, YEAH Burger, and South City Kitchen. While I realize that the original owners of those restaurants will have little or nothing to do with the operation of the airport locations, this seems like a HUGE improvement over existing concessions, though there will certainly still be plenty of Popeye's and Burger Kings.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2012, 6:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLswede View Post
this seems like a HUGE improvement over existing concessions, though there will certainly still be plenty of Popeye's and Burger Kings.
What does this mean? Is there Popeye's and Burger King at the Atlanta Airport? I don't remember seeing any.

Last edited by Pompuss; Jan 8, 2012 at 6:29 AM. Reason: Clarification

Old Posted Jan 11, 2012, 3:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pompuss View Post
What does this mean? Is there Popeye's and Burger King at the Atlanta Airport? I don't remember seeing any.
There are. I've eaten at both (BK is on Concourse T, Popeye's on D if memory serves).

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta