HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Aug 22, 2008, 5:25 PM
My CAT digs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Pride View Post
Cool project. Does the new building connect to one of those pre-existing buildings in the background in the rendering? Or is this building a stand alone project?

The building adjacent to it along 5th St is The Bourse which is on the Historical Register. They tend to frown on anyone screwing with exterior walls. I don't think the Museum will be up flush against it; there was a small driveway and alley between The Bourse and the old KYW building before and it looks like that is staying. edit: It is actually Ludlow St.

As for the Museums' East side (along Market St), the building currently there is just a small office building. The KYW building was flush against it before and it has a blank wall for the lower six floors, so the Museum probably will flush to it too. It is hard to tell in the rendering but looking at the construction photos on the Flickr site, it appears that it will. edit: see my post below.

This picture should provide you with a good idea of the footprint.

image: Photo by Jeff Holder. Posted on the Museum's Flickr site.

Last edited by winxs; Aug 22, 2008 at 7:07 PM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive