HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Jul 15, 2007, 6:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolCzech View Post
This is my last post on this subject. But just to address that last question:

a) As I said before, There are MANY masonry buildings in NYC, so people that wish to live in one by and large don't need to build new ones: they can move into existing ones that have been refurbished.

b) Masonry is out of fashion amongst architects. Not too expensive, just out of fashion. "Form over function" and all that trite jazz that ceased being meaningful about the time the AT&T (now Sony) building was built... and by the way, the Sony WAS a major masonry-clad structure.

Personally, I prefer masonry to mere glass and steel, but hey: that's neither here nor there. For artistic reason, architects feel they shouldn't use it... and I don't think it's merely due to cost considerations.

But this tower is proof that when clients demand stonework, they can still get it.
What nonsense...

I guess when you say masonry, you mean stone. Brick is masonry and the majority of New York's residential developments still use it. Stone would be subsituted in a heartbeat for brick but it is ridiculously expensive to quarry, detail, truck to the site, and assemble. Do you think that is by coincidence that only New York's most exclusive developments employ it. Have you ever seen affordable housing built with stone?

The expense and effort of stone construction is further reason to save the existing buildings we have now because for the most part they can never be done again.

There is plenty of modern architecture employing stone. Open a book before you start spewing crap.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2007, 9:02 PM
Frigidus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek2k32 View Post
What nonsense...

There is plenty of modern architecture employing stone. Open a book before you start spewing crap.
Dear Derek,

To put it nicely: take a hike.

Have you even followed my conversation with antinimby AT ALL??? Because you appear to be saying what I've been saying all along. There are plenty of stone buildings.

Have a nice day.

I ❤️ NY

Old Posted Jul 16, 2007, 10:27 AM

^ No need for the vitriol, CoolCzech. I'm gone for a couple of days and I see you're still cantankerous.

Getting back to our discussion...

I must say, where do you get these notions of yours or do you just pull them out of your ass?

Quote:
Masonry is out of fashion amongst architects. Not too expensive, just out of fashion.
In contrast to what you said there, this is from Robert Stern himself (last paragraph):

Quote:
Mr. Stern said he considered employing a mix of limestone and brick, but the developers approved an all-limestone design — even though it added significantly to the cost of the building.
As for this BS from you:
Quote:
But this tower is proof that when clients demand stonework, they can still get it.
The buyers didn't demand anything or had anything to do with any decisions. It was all Stern's idea (line 11):
Quote:
From the start, Stern advocated a light palette and stone façade, Zeckendorf said.
“No one understands New York architecture like Bob Stern,” he added.
Stern, senior architect at his namesake firm, said the stone has reflective qualities that make it stand out.
“Limestone is far more beautiful than any other stone,” he added. “It reflects the light beautifully and even on a gray day it seems to glow.”
CoolCzech, you have no clue what you're talking about. Once again, you have been discredited.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2007, 11:25 PM
Frigidus Maximus

Whatever. This conversation is at an end. Finished. Done. Over. No mas.

I ❤️ NY

Old Posted Jul 17, 2007, 12:02 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos View Post

Truly fitting for CPW...

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2007, 12:47 AM
Frigidus Maximus

It's a beauty. The view out that large window at the top of the right side of the facade must be awesome.

I ❤️ NY

Old Posted Jul 17, 2007, 8:07 AM
~

I heard Sting bought the penthouse ^.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2007, 11:46 AM
New Yorker for life

http://www.observer.com/2007/15-cpw

15 CPW
Denzel, Sting, Norman Lear, Bob Costas, Sandy Weill and Nascar prince Jeff Gordon all have early seats at the greatest show on Central Park’s edge in decades—the opening of the Zeckendorfs’ Fifteen Central Park West this fall. Michael Gross reports back from inside the palace on the good, the bad, and the limestone.

Illustration by Gary Hovland

by Michael Gross
July 17, 2007

I think it was Diana Vreeland who first equated elegance with restraint. So when it emerged in fall 2005 that the razor-tongued hedge-fund manager Daniel Loeb had set a new Manhattan real-estate record by dropping $45 million for a 10,700-square-foot penthouse condominium with wraparound views, eight bedrooms, 10 bathrooms, 14-feet-high ceilings, a huge terrace and a screening room at Fifteen Central Park West—then not much more than a big hole in the ground—it didn’t seem to bode well for this latest addition to the Manhattan skyline.

But as it rose from that hole over the last year and a half, Fifteen—spell it out, please, like they do in the building’s Pentagram-designed custom logo, based on turn-of-the-century applied metal lettering—has turned out to be something completely different. Like that logo, this neo-Classical-style über-condo is both a refined throwback to the golden age of Manhattan, and a dignified gauntlet thrown down before the sort of developers who think that just because we fools rush in to buy them, more ticky-tacky gimcrack apartments are what this sliver of schist needs.

Arthur and William Lie Zeckendorf know better. Under slate-gray construction hard hats printed with Fifteen’s logo, the brothers are soaring over the verdant green carpet of Central Park in a construction elevator, taking me on a tour of Fifteen, which occupies the entire block bounded by Central Park West, 61st and 62nd streets, and Broadway.

All 201 apartments in the new building—or to be precise, two connected buildings, the 20-story “house” on the park and the 43-story tower rising behind it—have been sold, and they’d closed their sales office the day before.

No wonder their mood is even higher than the spectacular swooping arch that crowns the tower’s north-facing roof, giving Mr. Loeb what is surely the most lust-inducing private entertaining space in a city full of same. The asymmetrical roofline (which includes a loggia that hides the cooling tower), is a new yet fitting addition to Central Park West’s signature skyline. “It’s just architecture,” says Arthur Zeckendorf—though, as his brother adds, “That’s the first thing most developers cut.” Not the Zeckendorfs.

The brothers are as bright as this June day, bright both in smarts and in mood. Closings are about to commence and when they end and the building opens for business this fall, they will walk away with something in the neighborhood of $1.9 billion, about 26 percent of that profit. Though still in the construction equivalent of previews, Fifteen is a hit. And that’s before a single member of the cast (of apartment owners) has stepped onstage. A stellar cast it is, too.

Though Mr. Loeb, the headliner, may not yet have a marquee name, several of those reportedly set to be his neighbors do—among them Sting, Denzel Washington, Norman Lear, Nascar’s Jeff Gordon and his new wife, Belgian model Ingrid Vandebosch, and Bob Costas. The several Goldman Sachs partners who’ve bought in, including CEO Lloyd Blankfein, don’t need big names; they’ve got big bank accounts. Ditto Dan Och of Och-Ziff and Sanford Weill, whose purchases haven’t previously been revealed.

FIFTEEN'S BACK STORY IS fairly drama-free. The full-block lot was assembled a parcel at a time, and likely for a song, in the 1970’s by members of the Goulandris shipping clan. They annoyed preservationists in 1982 when they stripped the Mayflower Hotel, built in 1925, of its terra-cotta decoration. By 1987, they’d demolished everything on the site except the Mayflower, but then sat on the half-empty lot for years, hiding behind the shingle of a generically named real-estate firm, presumably waiting for values to rise.

The Zeckendorfs (and just about every other developer in town) had eyed the rare full-block park-side parcel for more than a decade. During that time, the former Gulf and Western tower was transformed into Trump International, which opened in 1997; the Time Warner Center rose to replace the shabby old New York Coliseum in 2004; and the city embarked on a total rehabilitation of Columbus Circle (which was completed in 2005—a subway redo is ongoing). Backed by Goldman Sachs and other investors, the Zeckendorfs paid a reported $401 million—twice the going rate—for the block in spring 2004, and speculation soon followed that they planned to build an apartment house reminiscent of Central Park West’s visually defining structures: the Century, one block north, the San Remo, the Majestic and the Beresford.

Demolition began that fall and continued until June 2005. Meanwhile, Robert A. M. Stern was hired to do something remarkable: design a building that harked back to the golden age not just of those great-named buildings, but also of East Side equivalents like 834 Fifth and 740 Park, both of which Mr. Stern has cited as inspirations. (Coincidentally, the Zeckendorfs’ grandfather, William, a legendary developer himself, briefly owned 740 Park in the 1950’s.) Those buildings house apartments that are generally considered the best, and not coincidentally, the most expensive in town. So the Fifteen team was setting the bar high, even in what was then considered an insane real-estate bubble.

As the building rose and was clad in its coat of 2,832 panels of limestone from the same Empire Quarry in Indiana that produced the skin of the Empire State Building (as well as those of the Pentagon and National Cathedral), and something like 80,000 other stone elements—50,000 of those uniquely cut—real-estate savants were busy tabulating other numbers, and it became clear what kind of gutsy bet was being laid.

The Zeckendorfs and company had paid about $690 per buildable square foot for the property, and then spent about $1,130 per square foot to build their 886,000-square-foot two-tower behemoth. Would anyone buy? Were they out of their minds?

A sales office opened in September 2005 with the average asking price for apartments hovering at $3,300 per square foot, well above the general Manhattan average of around $1,000 a foot. By December 2006, all 15 penthouses had been sold. A few months later, the apartments were all gone, the sales office shuttered. The Zeckendorfs’ bet had paid off. The average sales price realized was $9.5 million per apartment, and 15 sold for sums in excess of $20 million.

It’s telling that both the Zeckendorf brothers have taken apartments at Fifteen, presumably unconcerned about hearing complaints when they run into their new neighbors. That could happen in either of the two concierge-staffed lobbies—a grand, English oak, red-, pink- and purple-marble-trimmed one on Central Park West, complete with two fireplaces, and the other in the circular copper-topped pavilion that divides the space between the two towers into a cobblestone circular “motor court” and a private park for residents only. Or in the walnut-lined private library; the private residents’ club complete with a 20-seat screening room, a game room, a conference room and a large terrace; the garage; the 60-seat lobby dining room (with a private chef who will also offer room service); or the subterranean health club, complete with a 75-foot lap pool with a skylight above and a reflecting pool in the garden over that. There are even waiting rooms for real-estate brokers, the Zeckendorfs joked, and chauffeurs; the latter one, near the garage, will boast a TV tuned to the Weather Channel.

There can be little argument with Mr. Stern’s design: The building is classic, grounded in the past, yet soaringly modern; serious, yet whimsical, and oddly appropriate both to the street it faces and the one it effectively turns its back to (there is no entrance to the residential building anywhere near the retail spaces that will open on Broadway). Within, light is used as a signature design element. Only a few of the apartments lack views, and even the worst of those offer glimpses of the Hearst and Time Warner towers, which, though they’re not Central Park, are pretty dramatic nonetheless. From without, too, as Mr. Stern has said in the building’s promotions, the limestone seems to glow; the roofline has a sense of whimsy; and (imagining the canopy yet to come) the main entrance makes you take a breath and straighten up a bit. The driveway, entered from 61st Street, opens into a private courtyard that will surely make residents feel cosseted by more than their money.

For the moment, at least, Fifteen’s financial promise seems as solid as the building itself: The New York Sun has even front-paged a claim that with its arrival, the southwest corner of Central Park (which is also home to distinctive apartment houses such as the Gainsborough Studios, 200 Central Park South, the Osborne, Alwyn Court and Hampshire House) has ascended to the status of a new Gold Coast. Unlike the East 70’s, where its inspirations lie, this new hood is within walking distance of Lincoln Center, all of midtown and Madison Avenue, and is well-served by public transportation. It may not have Swifty’s and Sette Mezzo, but Gabriel’s, Jean Georges and Per Se will do. (N.B. I know. And have a vested interest—I live in the neighborhood.)

Though no one has moved in yet, the scale and volume of Fifteen’s rooms also bespeak grandeur. About 80 percent of the apartments are floor-throughs (there are only a handful of one-bedroom pied-à-terres without views). Public rooms have the sort of scale normally seen only in 1920’s buildings by the likes of 740 Park’s architect, Rosario Candela. Windows on Central Park are huge and generous (they even open—no small detail), their distortion-free glass magnifying clear views of Central Park from the “house” apartments and, seemingly, all of America from the upper tower apartments. The kitchens are also huge, one of the modern touches Mr. Stern added to the classic template (well-represented by lots of glass-fronted pantry cabinets).

Private spaces like bedrooms and bathrooms are designed to be just that. The closets are abundant and generously sized. Some apartments have their own tiled laundry rooms, and those on setbacks have spacious terraces. And, separately, the Zeckendorfs offered buyers 29 maid’s suites on low floors that look out over the driveway entrance, allowing live-in staff but eliminating the need to actually live with them. (Thirty wine rooms surrounding an octagonal tasting area were also sold separately.) The hat trick of thoughtful layouts, space and style is as strong a selling point as Fifteen’s location location location.

SO WHAT'S THE DOWNSIDE? Some time ago, I asked Mr. Stern if the building would be as good in every way—i.e., down to the concrete and pipes—as its Roaring 20’s forebears. “I’m not going to answer that,” he said. “We’re trying to build very well. I would say that aspects of our building are comparable.”

But some are not. Some ceilings are only 10 feet high. While the master suites are huge and luxurious, with high-end fixtures and marble slabs that are typically book-matched stone, the secondary bedrooms are smaller and their bathrooms could be in any condo. And this may be just me, but I loathe family rooms separated from kitchens by breakfast bars and think Mayor Bloomberg should outlaw them as a blot on our metropolis.

According to the Zeckendorfs, most buyers plan to just move in (unlike Jeff Gordon, who bought a white box and plans to customize it). The bottom line is that flippers (should there be any—the Zeckendorfs expect no more than 10 tops) may need to invest more money if they expect a decent return on investment. And they will. Count on it.

“Early on, about half of the first 70 contracts we issued fell through,” says Will as we climb aboard the elevator and descend from the summit of the gods, or rather, the Terrace of Loeb. What happened? The buyers decided the apartments were too expensive, Will says.

Arthur Zeckendorf laughs out loud. “They’re kicking themselves now!”

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2007, 11:47 AM
New Yorker for life

double

Old Posted Jul 18, 2007, 1:50 PM
Bionic Boogie

wow I love that article..so these were some of the insperations for this tower...luxury old-school NYC glamour....

834 5th ave

The building has a doorman, a concierge, and sidewalk landscaping. It has some terraces, but no balconies and no garage and no health club

740 Park ave

For seventy-five years, it’s been Manhattan’s richest apartment building, and one of the most lusted-after addresses in the world. One apartment had 37 rooms, 14 bathrooms, 43 closets, 11 working fireplaces, a private elevator, and his-and-hers saunas; another at one time had a live-in service staff of 16. To this day, it is steeped in the purest luxury, the kind most of us could only imagine, until now.

No Best Buys here...but expensive doctor's offices at ground level..

SSP member since 2003
Please do not use any of my photos or videos without my permission. thanks

Last edited by CarlosV; Jul 18, 2007 at 2:02 PM.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2007, 8:07 PM
New Yorker for life

http://www.newyorker.com/arts/critic...printable=true

Past Perfect
Retro opulence on Central Park West.

by Paul Goldberger
August 27, 2007

In an essay titled “The Plight of the Prosperous,” published in 1950 in this magazine, Lewis Mumford dismissed the living accommodations of upscale New Yorkers as little better than slums. “I sometimes wonder what self-hypnosis has led the well-to-do citizens of New York, for the last seventy-five years, to accept the quarters that are offered them with the idea that they are doing well by themselves,” he wrote. The typical Upper East Side apartment, he said, was dark, airless, and badly laid out. Mumford was mostly right, but, by the time he was writing, design and construction standards were heading downhill so fast that the prewar buildings he was sneering at had come to evoke the grand living of a bygone era.

Today, if you want such luxuries as high ceilings and a dining room, an old building is pretty much the only place to find them. Forget Richard Meier and Jean Nouvel and their sleek glass condominiums: for connoisseurs of Manhattan apartments, the real celebrity architects have always been Rosario Candela, J. E. R. Carpenter, and Emery Roth, who designed the best buildings put up between the wars. That period—when Roth built the San Remo, on Central Park West, while Candela produced the sombre citadels of 740 Park Avenue and 834, 960, and 1040 Fifth Avenue—ended up being the glory years. Such buildings still represent the apogee of New York residential design. Brokers often mention Candela in their ads, because people will pay a premium to live in one of his buildings.

Candela has been dead for more than fifty years, but he should get at least partial credit for 15 Central Park West, a new apartment building, designed by Robert A. M. Stern, that occupies the full block between Central Park West and Broadway and Sixty-first and Sixty-second Streets. I have never seen anything quite like it: historical pastiche is common enough in country houses or museums, but it’s rare on the scale of a skyscraper. Stern’s entire building is covered in limestone (it took roughly eighty-five thousand pieces), outdoing even Candela, whose fanciest buildings still had brick at the back. The two hundred and one apartments have casement windows, ten-, eleven-, or fourteen-foot ceilings, dining rooms, plenty of moldings, and plenty of light, Stern having devised a floor plan that gives nearly every room an open view. I am not sure what Mumford would have found to complain about, other than the fact that the building looks as if it had been put up seventy-five years ago.

But that very conservatism may be why 15 Central Park West has become the most financially successful apartment building in the history of New York. All the apartments were sold before the building was finished, at prices that started at more than two thousand dollars a square foot and were subsequently raised nineteen times. Demand was so extreme that brokers started to worry that the building was taking all the business away from other high-end buildings nearby. Someone I know who bought an apartment early on for about twelve million dollars was offered the chance to resell it for potentially more than sixteen million before ever moving in. (He didn’t bite.) The average three-bedroom, four-bath apartment went for more than ten million dollars, and the total selling price of the building was close to two billion. Among the buyers have been celebrities like Denzel Washington, Sting, Norman Lear, and Bob Costas, but, in truth, the more spectacular units went for prices that would make even a movie star blanch. The most expensive of all—a forty-five-million-dollar penthouse bought by the hedge-fund manager Daniel Loeb—was for a while the most expensive apartment ever sold in the city. A plurality of the buyers come from the world of finance, including Sanford Weill, the former head of Citibank, and Lloyd Blankfein, the C.E.O. of Goldman Sachs.

So what does twenty million buy you these days? When the building opens, this fall, it will have a private dining room for its residents, a walnut-panelled library, a screening room, and a chauffeurs’ waiting room. There is also a wine-storage area, with thirty private wine cellars, sold separately, and, on a low floor, twenty-nine maids’ suites, also sold separately. The layouts resemble those of classic apartments from the twenties, but instead of tiny kitchens and butlers’ pantries and maids’ rooms there are eat-in kitchens and picture windows, not to mention bathrooms big enough to bathe your polo pony in and closets the size of some studio apartments. The idea is to create, ready-made, the kind of place you would get by renovating an old apartment. Some occupants will take this a stage further, treating their apartment, or apartments, as raw space, stripping out the walls and starting over, perhaps to produce temples of luxury beyond even Stern’s imagining.

A building like this leaves you two choices: you can resist it or you can yield to it. On one level, there’s something unsettling about the whole thing—is costume-drama luxury the best that our new century has to offer? And what are we to make of the feeding frenzy surrounding it, in an already hypertrophied real-estate market? (Perhaps it’s worth remembering that 740 Park Avenue, the 15 Central Park West of its time, went into construction a few months before the 1929 crash.) But the building itself is deeply seductive. For years, developers have been claiming that this one or that one of their latest creations signalled the restoration of prewar elegance, but it usually turns out to mean that they sprang for a powder room. This time, the assertion is not so hollow. Rooms are laid out in sumptuous procession around formal central galleries, and New York probably hasn’t seen such exquisitely crafted marble trim in a residential lobby since the days of Cole Porter.

Stern, who is the dean of the Yale School of Architecture, has spent much of his life as a writer and a teacher, and the architecture of New York is his main subject. He began his career as a postmodernist, with a propensity for ironic quotations, but as the years have gone by (and he has become more successful) he has tossed away the pastiche in favor of replicating models of the past more directly. Stern is big on fitting into context: his business school at the University of Virginia is pure Thomas Jefferson, his Norman Rockwell Museum in Stockbridge looks like a classic New England meeting house; he’s done sprawling Shingle Style houses in East Hampton and Spanish Colonial ones in California. Stern knows how to do a building like 15 Central Park West better than almost anyone, which is why the details—such as the book-matching of marble slabs in the bathrooms—ring true and don’t look like cheap imitation.

The building consists of two parts: the House, a twenty-story structure on Central Park West that mimics the pattern of terraced setbacks characteristic of its prewar neighbors; and the Tower, a thirty-five-story slab that rises behind it, on Broadway, topped by an ornate, asymmetrical loggia (hiding a cooling tower) based on Candela’s rooftop design at 1040 Fifth Avenue.

The House and the Tower are separated by a spacious courtyard containing a round glass pavilion with a copper-and-glass cupola. Dividing the full-block site like this was an ingenious piece of urban design: the traditional-looking front wing blends into Central Park West as if it had always been there, and the tower behind it looks at home among the taller towers of Broadway. A formal entrance on Central Park West leads to a lobby that evokes the world of one of New York’s lost prewar hotels—the Marguery, perhaps, or the Park Lane.

In some ways, the building seems less a piece of architecture than a creation along the lines of Woody Allen’s “Manhattan,” an homage to the city by someone who not only loves the New York of the twenties and thirties but actually believes that he can will it back into existence. But, like Woody Allen, Stern is also smart enough not to be shackled by his infatuations. This building invokes the past to solve a set of contemporary problems: can you reproduce the grandeur of the past without any of the inconveniences that annoyed Mumford? And how can you make money on a piece of land for which the developers, the brothers Arthur and William Lie Zeckendorf, paid the seemingly outrageous price of more than four hundred million dollars? You don’t recoup that kind of investment by putting up studio apartments, or monoliths of the type that have been going up all over town. Ubiquitous as glass condo buildings have lately become—glass is the new white brick—New York’s wealthy, unlike their Mies van der Rohe-dwelling counterparts in Chicago, have always equated stone with substance. Even the Time Warner Center, after all, looks like the sort of development you might find in Hong Kong or Shanghai or Dubai. Whatever else you can say about 15 Central Park West, it could only be in New York.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2007, 12:42 AM

Uh, having some technical difficulties, NYguy?

Old Posted Aug 21, 2007, 12:54 AM
Ridin' into the sunset

The rare quadruple post. It takes a veteran to pull that one off.

The site has been uncharacteristically slow today.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Aug 21, 2007, 12:58 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by kznyc2k View Post

LOL, actually I didn't see either of the posts, now there are four....a small correction.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2007, 7:53 PM
Realtor

Old Posted Jan 5, 2008, 6:15 AM
(Go7SD)

I happened to found this as I was going through the Indiana Limestone Company's website. It's very good chance the cladding material was taken from the Empire Quarry (same source as ESB).

Source: http://www.indianalimestonecompany.c...hp?pageId=News

15 Central Park West project nears completion

After 20 months of production, Indiana Limestone Company nears completion of this latest monumental project. This billion dollar design-assist condominium project is a 866,000-sq. ft. structure of neoclassical design, clad in Indiana Limestone. Situated along Columbus Circle and overlooking Central Park the project required 290,000-sq. ft. of ILCI’s Empire Full Color Blend material which was cut and shipped to Canada to be affixed to a pre-cast back and then shipped to New York. Indiana Limestone Company is proud to have been a part of such a great construction team and participate in the building of this Limestone Icon.

Owner: W2001Z/15CPW Realty, LLC
Developer: Zeckendorf Development, New York
Design Architect: Robert A.M. Stern Architects, New York
Architect of Record: Schuman Lichtenstein Claman & Efron, New York
Construction Manager: Bovis Lend Lease, New York
General Contrator: Emerald Construction Group, New York
Precast Concrete: Artex Systems of Canada
Stone Setter (Handset): Port Morris Tile and Marble Corporation, New York.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2008, 12:21 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy McDowell View Post
Indiana Limestone Company is proud to have been a part of such a great construction team and participate in the building of this Limestone Icon.

This one is already a classic.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2008, 3:00 PM
Frigidus Maximus

It does fit right in. Let's hope great architecture like this leads to more high quality "retro" work in the future. I never understood why modernists traditionally insisted on a monopoly of new construction, badmouthing the use of more traditional styles.

I ❤️ NY

Old Posted Jan 7, 2008, 2:14 PM
New Yorker for life

JANUARY 6, 2008

Old Posted Jan 8, 2008, 4:27 AM
Desert Dweller

Woah! These towers are absolutly wonderful! The taller one looks great next to Trump, but wow Time Warner is a beast!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive