HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Apr 15, 2015, 8:31 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

I posted this in the Florida compilation, but its also relevant for this thread. List being from Cranespotters.

==================================

Old Posted Apr 15, 2015, 8:50 PM

I was driving around Coral Gables the other day thinking of how they are missing out on the current boom. This shows it's true. They went gang busters last time around, but are relatively quiet now. Just not sure if it's a lack of interest or self imposed nimbyism.

Also, wtf is bal surf bay?

Old Posted Apr 15, 2015, 8:53 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickell View Post
Another name for Surfside and the Bal Harbour area. Seems like they combined the two.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2015, 7:19 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Nike Store With Rooftop B-Ball Court Proposed for Lincoln Road

Quote:
Nike has jumped on the bandwagon with Lincoln Road's other big flagship retail stores (see here, here, and here, etc.) and is proposing a seriously jumbo-sized 31,500 square foot mother for itself on the current site of Pottery Barn and Williams-Sonoma at the corner of Lincoln and Lenox Avenue. Designed by Touzet Studio, the Nike Store would have two full levels of retail, with ceilings that are about 17 feet high, and a rooftop sports deck that includes a basketball court and jogging track. Including a third level giving access to the sports deck, the total height to the top of the highest parapet would be 51 feet. That's taller than the Gap Store down the block, which Touzet Studio also designed. Nike wants to sheet the big, glassy facade in a mesh-like skin with multicolored LED lights, which is something they do at a lot of their stores. The effect might be sort of look like a rounded, sleeker version of the New World Symphony's garage just off Lincoln Road at its other end, and completely unlike what's there now.
================================
http://miami.curbed.com/archives/201...ttery-barn.php

Old Posted Apr 20, 2015, 11:54 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Billionaire Jeff Greene wants to build new office tower in West Palm

Quote:
Billionaire Palm Beach investor Jeff Greene really wants to build a new office tower in downtown West Palm Beach.

This month, he told 300 attendees at the Urban Land Institute’s West Palm Beach forum that he planned to go ahead with construction of a new, 30-story office tower, before he had any pre-leased office tenants locked up.

“We’re not waiting,” Greene said. “We’re planning to build it without any leasing.”

But in an interview last week, Greene provided a caveat to those comments.

Greene said he’ll build an office tower without pre-leased office tenants — but only if a construction lender says it’s OK.

“I’d like to (start building), but I want to get a construction loan,” he said. “I’m not going to build it for cash.”

Greene is hopeful he might get a lender willing to do it his way.

Most developers, he said, “have lots of assets and no cash, so it’s always difficult to borrow money. I have lots of liquidity, so everybody wants to lend me money.”

If a loan doesn’t come through on his terms, Greene said he’d be willing to “take the risk” of putting some of his money into the cost of construction.

Greene wants to build twin, 30-story towers at 550 Quadrille Blvd., just north of the Palm Beach County Courthouse. One would be an office tower. The other would be a hotel, with luxury apartments or condos on upper floors.

The towers combined would be between 800,000 to 900,000 square feet. Greene bought the 3.3-acre site last year for $15 million.
=============================
http://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/news/...2556547.735705

Old Posted Apr 20, 2015, 2:25 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
Nike Store With Rooftop B-Ball Court Proposed for Lincoln Road

Knew it was only a matter of time... but Lincoln Rd. has finally "jumped the shark". A mega Nike store on Lincoln Road... Jesus.

I'm hoping the overall redesign of Lincoln Rd mall brings some of the allure back, because it's just become so blatantly touristy now. Unfortunately, since Miami is such a tourist town, any place that is interesting/authentic/popular among locals becomes cheesy and filled with all the chains and tourist trappings at a very fast pace. Miami has such a difficult time keeping a cool, interesting scene cool and interesting, because no matter what, the tourist dollar always wins out.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2015, 5:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickell View Post
I was driving around Coral Gables the other day thinking of how they are missing out on the current boom. This shows it's true. They went gang busters last time around, but are relatively quiet now. Just not sure if it's a lack of interest or self imposed nimbyism.

Those are also only condos with apartment towers not included, hence the Dadeland area's absence. Every single parcel in the Merrick Park area of the Gables is now accounted for with a new tower but many (most?) are rental projects. Not that much has been proposed in Downtown Coral Gables though. A few towers here and there (plus a couple of hotels) but none have gotten very far including the huge Ponce Circle development (the name escapes me). Several towers have been going through permitting in the DT Coral Gables area but then you never hear from them after that.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2015, 1:15 PM

Old Posted Apr 22, 2015, 1:02 AM

^ Very cool video! Did you film this yourself?

Old Posted Apr 22, 2015, 3:33 AM

Wow! What a nice video. Thank you for sharing and I appreciate that.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2015, 5:30 PM

Thanks guys! Yes, I did film it.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2015, 8:32 PM

Espirito Santo Plaza on Brickell for sale

Espirito Santo Plaza on Brickell for sale
Apr 17, 2015, 7:33am EDT

The owner of Espirito Santo Plaza on Brickell has hired Exan Capital to market the Brickell office tower for sale.

The 36-story building is owned by Rio Forte Investments, which filed for relief from its creditors in Luxembourgh in 2014 as part of Banco Espirito Santo’s collapse. Miami-based Espirito Santo Bank is a tenant in the building and the bank is seeking a buyer.
The Wall Street Journal first reported on the marketing of Espirito Santo Plaza at 1395 Brickell Ave., saying it could fetch at least $120 million.

Adam Wolfson, senior VP of Miami-based Exan Capital, said there was a quiet marketing period for Espirito Santo Plaza in summer 2014 but that slowed down after its parent company filed for bankruptcy.
Now the Luxembourgh court has approved the sales process and Exan Capital expects to issue a call for offers in four to six weeks, Wolfson said. There is no asking price, he added.
“This is not in any way a distressed situation where you can buy the asset below market value,” Wolfson said. “With all the attention it is receiving, it will probably get a premium to market.”

Built in 2004, Espirito Santo Plaza has about 268,000 square feet of leasable office and retail space and about 894 parking spaces. The sale would not include the condo units and hotel in the building.
“You have a trophy asset in Brickell that is very well occupied and very well rented compared to market and it will fetch a premium because of that, Wolfson said.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2015, 9:07 PM
BANNED

^ I love that building. All I need is to scrounge up around $120M...

Old Posted Apr 23, 2015, 5:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenDuskPhotograph View Post
Thanks guys! Yes, I did film it.
Anytime. Keep'em it coming!!!

Old Posted Apr 23, 2015, 9:49 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

A kickass proposal from the gods themselves, NYC's SHoP architects.

Thread: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...22#post7001822

Old Posted Apr 24, 2015, 1:49 PM

Update on the 8th St. Metromover Station connected to Brickell City Centre

http://www.goldenduskphotography.com...omover-station

Old Posted Apr 24, 2015, 7:41 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Brickell 10 Construction:

Credit: https://www.facebook.com/brickellten

Old Posted Apr 26, 2015, 2:25 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Redesign of the Design District: New boutiques and restaurants arriving

Quote:
For the past 12 months, Miami’s Design District has looked more like a construction site than a luxury shopping mecca.

Now, as the chrome-and-etched glass doors open at the latest boutiques from fashion powerhouses including Louis Vuitton, Tiffany & Co., Emilio Pucci and Harry Winston, developer Craig Robins says he plans to double the size of the pedestrian-friendly retail district he and his investment partners have created in a once-shabby Miami neighborhood.

A total of about 60 stores and restaurants are set to open by mid-2017, Robins said, joining the 70 shops that have already opened their doors or plan to do so by this November, before December’s annual Art Basel fair.

New brands will include Dolce & Gabbana and high-profile restaurants ABC Kitchen (from superchef Jean-Georges Vongerichten) and L'Atelier de Joël Robuchon. Existing retailers Christian Louboutin, Prada and Céline are touting new two-story, flagship stores.

And Kering — the luxury company that controls brands such as Bottega, Gucci, Balenciaga and Yves Saint Laurent — also plans to open stores in the district’s $500 million expansion, Robins said, although it hasn’t confirmed which retailers will set up shop, yet.

Meanwhile, a string of more contemporary stores including Rag & Bone, Marc Jacobs and Diane von Furstenberg will line a block on the western side of Northeast First Avenue between 39th and 40th streets. Nearby will be a 10-story hotel with 100 rooms and a 14-story condo tower with 70 units.

“The idea of the Design District is to offer a rich experience at the intersection of culture and commerce,” said Robins, CEO of Dacra Development.
=======================
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/busi...#storylink=cpy

Old Posted Apr 26, 2015, 2:38 PM
life is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by n830mh View Post
wow! What a nice video. Thank you for sharing and i appreciate that.
+1

Old Posted Apr 27, 2015, 1:02 PM

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations