HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Skyscraper & Urban Art

Old Posted Jan 25, 2010, 9:00 PM

Fictional City Concept Art

Hello. I am currently working on a novel involving a city that is fictional. I would very much appreciate some of the folks here view of what it should look like. Here are the facts.
- The cities name is not final, but is currently Armont
- It is island based, similar to NYC
- The architecture is a combination of primarily NY, Chicago and Hong Kong, though elements of Shanghai and Toronto, are also present.
- The empire State building (renamed Kings Tower) is adjusted to be the tallest building, even though Willis tower (name unknown) also makes an appearance.
- The city is very much a huge concrete jungle, a sea of tall buildings, no buildings under 400 ft are even present. There are not many parks.
- The over all fell is similar to Gotham, according to my friends.

Interesting combination's of said skylines would be most helpful. Perhaps map layouts could also help. Thanks.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2010, 6:11 AM
Sawmill Billowtoker

Sorry if I am just getting late to this but I might recommend you reading this forum through and checking out the My City Photos forum to get a full idea of the components of a city that are either remarkable or sense of stories as one walks through each cities. Each city is unique and the stories that go with them are unique and can be extrapolated from them.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Skyscraper & Urban Art