HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Jan 11, 2018, 7:43 PM
Suburbs Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by harls View Post
Les Galeries d'Aylmer doesn't even have a store for that. Just a fold-out table in the middle of the concourse.

I'm wondering what is going to happen to that mall. They did a massive renovation when Zellers folded and added the usual dreck (Dollarama, Ardene). The new seniors complex that is currently under construction and replacing the the old Canadian Tire might give it a jolt of life. They are building a Super C on the ground floor, replacing the current one on the other side of the mall.
For the towels we have a part hippie/part homeless guy driving a converted 60s school bus who parks in the Husky gas station parking lot selling these things haha!
castlegar.ca

Old Posted Jan 12, 2018, 4:09 PM
Fake News

Speaking of dead malls New Jersey’s aborted Xanadu mall is being brought back from the dead by the family that built West Edmonton Mall. Who wouldn’t want to take time from all the sight seeing in NYC to visit a tacky Dubai meets Edmonton megamall that Chris Christie called the ugliest building in the world?

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/business...rsey-1.4478295

www.behance.net/OlivierGraham

Old Posted Jan 12, 2018, 4:31 PM
I am the law!

We'll see. Ghermezians have been trying to get this completed for 5 years now. It's 3 years behind schedule. No one is buying into their vision.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2018, 4:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manny_santos View Post
Agincourt Mall is an interesting one. It's very busy at either end, with its anchors being No Frills and Walmart. I haven't been in the mall itself, but I've seen pictures suggesting some empty storefronts.

Anyone here ever been to North York Sheridan Mall?
Yeah, I sometimes go to the Walmart at Sheridan Mall. It's kind of the immigrant working class mall I had in mind: 1980s decor, stores that sell hip hop wear, discount baby clothing and samosas, and elderly Pakistanis and Jamaicans hanging out in the food court.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2018, 5:53 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-tacular View Post
Speaking of dead malls New Jersey’s aborted Xanadu mall is being brought back from the dead by the family that built West Edmonton Mall. Who wouldn’t want to take time from all the sight seeing in NYC to visit a tacky Dubai meets Edmonton megamall that Chris Christie called the ugliest building in the world?

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/business...rsey-1.4478295
I will be sure to leave this place off my itinerary next time I visit NYC.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2018, 5:58 PM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
I will be sure to leave this place off my itinerary next time I visit NYC.
Fuck the MET, central park, Broadway, the Natural History Museum, the Guggenheim, the Empire State building and the Statue of Liberty! I want to go to the Xanadu mall!

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:16 PM

http://www.thewhig.com/2018/01/14/fi...ill-mall-space

Dollarama is going in a mall that has The Bay. This is filling in part of the former Target space; there's still the Sears space to deal with. If Dollarama can locate in that mall, I wouldn't be surprised to see Giant Tiger show up next.

Kingston is going to have about 5 Dollarama locations per 100,000 residents once this one opens.

Also interesting is that Indigo is moving into the mall. They have a big box Chapters store a short drive to the east, which I wouldn't be surprised to see close. Not every day in Canadian retail you see a big box retailer move to a traditional mall.

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:24 PM
Fake News

This may not be Canadian but it gave me a chuckle.

http://dailycrawfishnews.com/2016/01...acadiana-mall/

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manny_santos View Post
http://www.thewhig.com/2018/01/14/fi...ill-mall-space

Dollarama is going in a mall that has The Bay. This is filling in part of the former Target space; there's still the Sears space to deal with. If Dollarama can locate in that mall, I wouldn't be surprised to see Giant Tiger show up next.

Kingston is going to have about 5 Dollarama locations per 100,000 residents once this one opens.

Also interesting is that Indigo is moving into the mall. They have a big box Chapters store a short drive to the east, which I wouldn't be surprised to see close. Not every day in Canadian retail you see a big box retailer move to a traditional mall.
Would it represent a downsizing, I wonder?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada