HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Jan 6, 2018, 3:28 AM

Another one for the ages, Canada 2018 World Junior Hockey Champions!

Old Posted Jan 6, 2018, 3:38 AM
Community Guy

Yah baby! Good game to watch.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Jan 7, 2018, 12:19 PM

Love seeing the boys in red capture gold again. Enjoy it now because come February, we might not even see a medal in South Korea. No one knows what to expect.

I wasn't aware of this narrative until this tournament, but Sweden's 44 game winning streak in the round robin may be the greatest statistical anomaly I've ever seen. Yet in those 11 years or so, they've only capture the gold once.

Year in and year out they beat the contending teams in the group stage yet fall to them in the knockouts.

KC Chiefs just lost their 6th consecutive home playoff game. And Oilers keep loading up on #1 overall picks and keep losing for some reason. These are somewhat similar statistical aberrations.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2018, 7:03 PM
Suburbs Suck

Thumbs up

Still one year out but next years World Juniors in Vancouver is already over 60% sold out!
castlegar.ca

Old Posted Jan 8, 2018, 7:29 PM

Riders draft pick puts huge hit on Cam Newton in Saints playoff win
3Down Staff 3downnation January 8, 2018

David Onyemata delivered a jarring shot on Cam Newton in the Saints NFL Wild Card playoff win on Sunday.

It was only after Onyemata came to Canada and enrolled at the University of Manitoba did he begin playing football. He won the J.P. Metras Trophy in 2015 as USports football’s top down lineman and garnered an invite to the 2016 East-West Shrine Game, a U.S. college showcase event in Florida held each January that really elevated his stock. An impressive pro day held at the Bisons facility sent Onyemata up draft boards.

The Riders drafted Onyemata in the fourth round, 35th overall in the 2016 CFL draft. The Manitoba product was selected by New Orleans that same year in the fourth round, 120th overall. Since then he’s played in 32 games making 56 tackles and two sacks for the Saints.

Onyemata has made an impact with New Orleans just ask Newton how that feels.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada