HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jan 12, 2018, 3:33 PM

Re: Atlantic Station, I'm surprised we aren't seeing another parcel available for development west of 0-2 and 0-3. I wonder if they'll ever repurpose that bridge that goes from Atlantic Station across the connector.

Spectrum on Spring is bland as all can be, but i'm glad there will be more people living in this area. It's helping create a more cohesive Midtown. Hopefully it establishes more of a base for when the Arts Center TOD (and hopefully a lot more retail) is added to the area. At this time though, I would not want to pay premium rent to be around Arts Center.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2018, 3:42 PM
Urban Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
Re: Atlantic Station, I'm surprised we aren't seeing another parcel available for development west of 0-2 and 0-3. I wonder if they'll ever repurpose that bridge that goes from Atlantic Station across the connector.
There is definitely something cooking in the area west of Atlantic Station. A developer has either purchased or has a LoI to acquire I think 8 acres. I'll see if I can get more details.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2018, 4:28 PM

Love those Atlantic Station renovation renderings. The new H&M exterior in particular.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2018, 5:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbab View Post
It's getting hard to keep track of all these multifamily projects in the Marietta St/Howell Mill Corridor.

Residential project planned beside Bocado restaurant in West Midtown

Link: https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...de-bocado.html
Nice, they're lining up 3rd Street correctly. Exciting project.

Plus the Atlantic Station proposals and others, they really need to improve connectivity across the interstate and Northside. It jams horribly in the evenings.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2018, 5:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
There is definitely something cooking in the area west of Atlantic Station. A developer has either purchased or has a LoI to acquire I think 8 acres. I'll see if I can get more details.
I really hope they reserve that land for a MARTA transit station.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2018, 8:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montydawg View Post
I really hope they reserve that land for a MARTA transit station.
While I understand the complexities of running transit along active rail longs, i really hope they implement some HRT or LRT along this corridor as well. Purple line extension to Atlantic Station, West Midtown, and Cumberland, anyone?

Old Posted Jan 12, 2018, 8:33 PM

Old Posted Jan 13, 2018, 1:14 AM

Up close with the Atlantic yards proposal

Old Posted Jan 13, 2018, 3:54 PM

Fourth Ward Alliance meeting notes on the Georgia power/New City parcel rezoning:
“New City to review rezoning plan for the GA Power property plan. Had a special meeting in December to introduce project. Only voting on zoning.
Sharon Gay working with New City on Zoning. Asking to rezone properties to MRC3, same as PCM and 725 Ponce and much of th corner has been rezone like this. Want to be a true mixed use with residential. The city grant is separate for hotel and a different zoning approval. Haven’t filed a case yet for the rezoning. Also rezone for a small hotel.
Consideration for NuGrape and including them in the zoning process. This is to consider whether to work together on this. The zoning application is a completely different process than they negotiation of what the official plans are. Not looking at impeding and impacting NuGrape. New City wants to help NuGrape to rezone their property for free. Height limitation is 225 feet which is same as industrial. They are proposing to not maximize the height.
Will this impact utilities? This space has prevented the normal through put of traffic and Dallas is very narrow due to some of this. Would leave Dallas open for fire access and concert/event access. Want it to be driveable but blocks during everyday activity.
Want to build public areas with walking/biking and staircases. The current design has been limited due to the GA Power site. They want to open it up.
They will maintain access to park during all construction.
Proposing a deep hole to build parking underground. Will build public easement and give back to park and will be at there cost.
It is difficult to convey complete design content with just the early renderings. No intention of building anything typical of current Atlanta architecture.
Clarify zoning for live/work? They city has not allowed to zone specific to that. This is currently being updated and fixed.
Concern with overall rentals via ownership. If trying to improve area, what is the amount of vested interest with a high level of rental.
ONe of the reasons that GA Power picked New City out of 28 bidders is how they proposed their project.
Is there a way we can use parking for events and maybe earn some $$ for the neighborhood? Unequivocally YES, providing public/private space is part of the plan. Community building.
Voting to go from industrial to MRC3 motioned. 17 to separate the votes. 9 to combine. Zoning motion to support Majority passes. 1 opposed.
For special use permit for hotel. Motion to support Majority passes 1 opposed.”
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...Fw/mobilebasic

Old Posted Jan 13, 2018, 4:56 PM

Drive by, so bare with the angles and quality.

lilli
On the close up pic you can see the difference in the paneling that still needs unveiled throughout the building

Hanover Midtown
(not the best pic, but you get the general idea of progress)

Old Posted Jan 13, 2018, 6:49 PM

Good pics. I was on 10th Street near Tech this morning and was surprised by how much lilli stands out from the west. It has a greater stature than most 24 floor buildings. Must be the height added by the floorplates between every two floors.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2018, 7:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
Good pics. I was on 10th Street near Tech this morning and was surprised by how much lilli stands out from the west. It has a greater stature than most 24 floor buildings. Must be the height added by the floorplates between every two floors.
Caught a look at her from various angles. Looking down Ponce from VH it really stands out.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2018, 9:43 PM

Quote:
Fourth Ward Alliance meeting notes on the Georgia power/New City parcel rezoning:
“New City to review rezoning plan for the GA Power property plan. Had a special meeting in December to introduce project. Only voting on zoning.
Sharon Gay working with New City on Zoning. Asking to rezone properties to MRC3, same as PCM and 725 Ponce and much of th corner has been rezone like this. Want to be a true mixed use with residential. The city grant is separate for hotel and a different zoning approval. Haven’t filed a case yet for the rezoning. Also rezone for a small hotel.
Consideration for NuGrape and including them in the zoning process. This is to consider whether to work together on this. The zoning application is a completely different process than they negotiation of what the official plans are. Not looking at impeding and impacting NuGrape. New City wants to help NuGrape to rezone their property for free. Height limitation is 225 feet which is same as industrial. They are proposing to not maximize the height.
Will this impact utilities? This space has prevented the normal through put of traffic and Dallas is very narrow due to some of this. Would leave Dallas open for fire access and concert/event access. Want it to be driveable but blocks during everyday activity.
Want to build public areas with walking/biking and staircases. The current design has been limited due to the GA Power site. They want to open it up.
They will maintain access to park during all construction.
Proposing a deep hole to build parking underground. Will build public easement and give back to park and will be at there cost.
It is difficult to convey complete design content with just the early renderings. No intention of building anything typical of current Atlanta architecture.
Clarify zoning for live/work? They city has not allowed to zone specific to that. This is currently being updated and fixed.
Concern with overall rentals via ownership. If trying to improve area, what is the amount of vested interest with a high level of rental.
ONe of the reasons that GA Power picked New City out of 28 bidders is how they proposed their project.
Is there a way we can use parking for events and maybe earn some $$ for the neighborhood? Unequivocally YES, providing public/private space is part of the plan. Community building.
Voting to go from industrial to MRC3 motioned. 17 to separate the votes. 9 to combine. Zoning motion to support Majority passes. 1 opposed.
For special use permit for hotel. Motion to support Majority passes 1 opposed.”
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...Fw/mobilebasic
So they don't want the development to be as tall as first proposal?

Old Posted Jan 14, 2018, 5:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sura View Post
So they don't want the development to be as tall as first proposal?
I’m pretty sure there is no first proposal despite the renderings and no they are not proposing a height reduction- just the allowed limit

Last edited by Street Advocate; Jan 14, 2018 at 5:23 PM.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2018, 2:33 PM
Urban Cowboy

https://twitter.com/ATLairport/statu...56599063068672

Does anyone know what they are building at the top right in pic below?

Last edited by Atlanta3000; Jan 15, 2018 at 3:06 PM.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2018, 2:40 PM
Urban Cowboy

Quote:
Drive by, so bare with the angles and quality.

lilli
On the close up pic you can see the difference in the paneling that still needs unveiled throughout the building

Awesome pics SA - Lilli needs to convert these to condos ASAP.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2018, 5:06 PM

Quote:

That is where they show relocation of north cargo and support facilities to be relocated in the future as well as a sixth runway (further south, just north of the fifth runway). My guess is that's pad work related to the cargo/support facilities as that area had a decent amount of grade change if I remember correctly.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2018, 5:06 PM

Quote:

New cargo facility and fire station. Relocated due to planned terminal F and runway 6. I think the fire station is already done.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2018, 5:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montydawg View Post
New cargo facility and fire station. Relocated due to planned terminal F and runway 6. I think the fire station is already done.
I thought the fire station was being relocated so they could expand the T concourse?

When does the T concourse project happen? That will be able to get American out of D and free up some space for more budget airlines in that shitshow of a concourse.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2018, 6:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by testarossa50 View Post
I thought the fire station was being relocated so they could expand the T concourse?
It was. But they are also building new cargo facilities out there as well.

Quote:
When does the T concourse project happen? That will be able to get American out of D and free up some space for more budget airlines in that shitshow of a concourse.
The expansion should start any time now, and it's sorely needed. I have to fly United for work, so I'm there more than I care to be. Compared to the south end of T, the concessions are almost nonexistent. I'm hoping that will be addressed with the expansion.

And not sure when you were out on D last, but they've really improved it. I flew jetBlue recently, and I was pretty impressed with the changes out there.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations