HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Ross Perot Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Dallas Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Oct 6, 2014, 11:46 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Arrow DALLAS | Ross Perot Tower | FT | FLOORS (1.5+ mil sq ft)

New HOK leader helps win Hillwood's new Dallas high-rise project

Quote:
Ross Perot Jr.'s Hillwood development firm has selected HOK to design its urban high-rise project on a key tract of land in downtown Dallas.

Last year, Perot bought the 1.75-acre site at the southeast corner of Woodall Rodgers Freeway and Field Street, which is occupied by a Bank of America retail location. The bank will continue to operate its drive-through service under a lease agreement.

The zoning on the property allows for a development in excess of 1.5 million square feet of density with no height limit. HOK was selected among several finalists for a high-rise, mixed-use development in Dallas.

At the time of the land buy, Perot said, "We see tremendous potential in this site and envision it as a gateway to downtown and the world-class neighborhoods at its doorstep.

"A future building has the potential to impact the Dallas skyline for generations to come," he added.

HOK is adding an experienced architect to its Dallas office to help work on the project. HOK's Ben Crawford will relocate from the company's Houston office to Dallas, with the title of senior principal of design.

Crawford has collaborated with Roger Soto, the firm's regional director of design, on projects including a 76-story, 1.98 million-square-foot tower in Saudi Arabia, called the Capital Market Authority Tower.

He has also worked on Shell's 1.1 million-square-foot Woodcreek campus expansion and a number of other high-profile projects.
"I am thrilled to embark on a new phase of my HOK career as a leader in Dallas" he said, in a written statement. "Our teams are working on many exciting projects for great clients."

HOK declined further comment on the project's design.
Current Location/Project Site:

====================================
http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/ne...llas-high.html

Last edited by Urbannizer; Sep 4, 2015 at 5:28 PM.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2014, 2:26 AM

i can not wait for this to come to fruitation dallas needs a supertall

Old Posted Oct 7, 2014, 4:12 AM

It's possible this one could be a supertall! Exactly how tall is yet to be determined.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2014, 6:16 AM

Boss Ross!! i can't wait to see this one!! I hope it's 80 floors!

Old Posted Oct 7, 2014, 6:16 AM
New Yorker for life

Hadn't heard that guy's name in a while...

Quote:
The zoning on the property allows for a development in excess of 1.5 million square feet of density with no height limit. HOK was selected among several finalists for a high-rise, mixed-use development in Dallas.

At the time of the land buy, Perot said, "We see tremendous potential in this site and envision it as a gateway to downtown and the world-class neighborhoods at its doorstep.

"A future building has the potential to impact the Dallas skyline for generations to come," he added.

Could be a new tallest for Dallas

Commence the Perot dance!

Video Link

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2014, 7:42 PM
BANNED

I can't wait to see this.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2014, 12:13 PM
Everywhere all at once

Further still, imagine both this and the recent proposal for the lots south of city hall actually come to fruition. Dallas could have its first two supertall towers under construction at the same time. Only New York can say that right now.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2014, 12:31 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

That would be nice. I love seeing supertalls outside of NYC. As much as I rep for NY, I want to see other cities get skyline altering towers. More of them go up, and as long as they look good, the better for us urbanists.

So far lots of cities have supertalls u/c, proposed, or in the demo stage: NYC, Miami, Dallas (possibly), Seattle (possibly), SF, LA, and Chicago. Great times for U.S. skylines.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2014, 12:57 AM

Houston has seen rumors, but those have been tamped down for the moment.

The problem is going to be getting leases for all this space. Only the Chinese have been known to build skyscrapers that can just sit empty.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2014, 1:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
That would be nice. I love seeing supertalls outside of NYC. As much as I rep for NY, I want to see other cities get skyline altering towers. More of them go up, and as long as they look good, the better for us urbanists.

So far lots of cities have supertalls u/c, proposed, or in the demo stage: NYC, Miami, Dallas (possibly), Seattle (possibly), SF, LA, and Chicago. Great times for U.S. skylines.
Merp. You forgot Philadelphia which has a Supertall under construction.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2014, 1:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxteth o'grady View Post
Houston has seen rumors, but those have been tamped down for the moment.

The problem is going to be getting leases for all this space. Only the Chinese have been known to build skyscrapers that can just sit empty.
I would say Dallas has a pretty good chance of building a new supertall taking into account future office growth (Dallas and Texas economic growth potential is far ahead of other states and will be for decades still to come, like mid-way through the century). However I would think Houston would get one first being the larger city, but its looking like Dallas is ahead right now.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2014, 1:16 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Merp. You forgot Philadelphia which has a Supertall under construction.
Crap, I should of realized given the fact that I live 58 miles away.

Had a feeling I was missing one.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2014, 1:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
Crap, I should of realized given the fact that I live 58 miles away.

Had a feeling I was missing one.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2014, 10:05 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

This particular architect groups has designed numerous supertalls and skyscrapers in Asia. Expect something aesthetically pleasing. A couple of these designs will rise in San Francisco and are of top notch quality. I'm feeling optimistic about this site. Its been mentioned in numerous articles this month. Developer is very confident.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2014, 3:11 AM
BANNED

Great tower for Dallas potentially will help it's skyline look more cohesive.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2015, 5:15 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Perot will tap top talent for downtown Dallas skyscraper project

Quote:
One of the most frequent questions I’m asked these days is when will Dallas get another skyscraper?

Not since the 1980s has Big D seen a truly tall office building constructed downtown.

Most of the current crop of buildings range in height from 15 to 25 floors.

The last true downtown skyscraper was the 55-story Chase Tower, which opened in Ross Avenue in 1987.

Dallas’ tallest building – the 72-story Bank of America Plaza – turns 30 this year.

The best chance for a real skyline changing building downtown could be a site on Woodall Rodgers at Field Street.

Ross Perot Jr. bought the 1.75-acre Bank of America motorbank on the corner back in 2013.

Since then the businessman and developer has done preliminary planning for the property with architect HOK.

Zoning on the corner allows construction of a more than 1.5 million-square-foot skyscraper with no height restrictions.

So Perot has decided to think big with the property.

“We are going to have a competition to design a building and bring top architects from across the world,” he said. “We need to get these great architects in the city.”

The Perot family picked award-winning Seattle architect Mithun Inc. to do its new campus on Turtle Creek.

And the namesake Perot Museum of Nature and Science was designed by Pritzker Architecture Prize winner Thom Mayne.

Perot said he wants a landmark building to attract a major business tenant to downtown Dallas.

“That site is totally tied to an anchor tenant,” he said. “And there are three or four million square feet of major tenants whose leases are coming due soon.”

With a high-style building as bait and a prime location, Perot’s planned project could land a whopper of an office lease deal – at least he hopes so.
============================
February 17, 2015
http://bizbeatblog.dallasnews.com/20...-project.html/

Old Posted Feb 18, 2015, 8:07 PM

my gosh thats a lot of parking lots scarring the face of Dallas.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2015, 2:41 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Zoning on the corner allows construction of a more than 1.5 million-square-foot skyscraper with no height restrictions.

So Perot has decided to think big with the property.

“We are going to have a competition to design a building and bring top architects from across the world,” he said. “We need to get these great architects in the city.”

This should be interesting.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2015, 7:00 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

This will probably be a supertall. The words used are also foreshadowing other developments given that there are many tenants available. Makes me wonder if other taller towers are planned to meet this demand. Either way, if they seem to think getting the space to be taken is easy, than its great news for this development or even others planned down the line.

Quote:
“That site is totally tied to an anchor tenant,” he said. “And there are three or four million square feet of major tenants whose leases are coming due soon.”

Old Posted Feb 21, 2015, 9:02 PM

What is the latest figure on office space vacancy in the downtown area (i.e., within the inner freeway loop)?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals