HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Aug 1, 2008, 2:43 AM

[QUOTE=jhausner;3707222]
I could never live in Vancouver and work South of the Fraser. It's stupid unless you take the bus.
QUOTE]

Hrmm, I think that's the point of trying to keep the congestion tho
I'd like to see a boundary rd bridge tho. I know I've seen it before in planning documents. As for a replacement for the Queensboro, the current improvements to the loop at the north bridgehead, the extension of 10th ave, and the Howes overpass were supposed to be the soloution to congestion there. The looked at twinning the bridge or building a new one sort of where wal-mart is there but the cost-benefit analysis killed them. It's in the MoT website documents section.

I'd like to see a bridge or more feasibly a tunnel, that somehow connects north surrey more easily to Richmond and Annacis Island, somewhere near the Surrey-Fraser docks and continues straight ahead to the east-west connector. I think it would open up a lot of transit option as well, considering how many jobs are in Richmond. A train from Richmond through to abbotsford would be awesome.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure