HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Old Posted Jul 15, 2017, 7:05 PM

Today

Old Posted Jul 16, 2017, 1:23 AM
Vancouver Moderator

Thanks for the update

Old Posted Jul 19, 2017, 1:37 PM

26 more floors to go

Old Posted Jul 20, 2017, 9:48 PM

I work in the area and hear from people working inside the mall that the project is heavily delayed and businesses with leases are getting very worried about the potential fines.

Doesn't look like a Summer 2018 opening is going to happen.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2017, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesOwnz View Post
I work in the area and hear from people working inside the mall that the project is heavily delayed and businesses with leases are getting very worried about the potential fines. Doesn't look like a Summer 2018 opening is going to happen.
On Tuesday, at the community open house for Phase 2, the developer rep. told me that they are expecting to open Q2 2019. I had said I hoped the bridge to the Skytrain would be open before then; he was doubtful due to continuing construction, particularly of the middle tower on Lougheed (I forget the number) which is behind the others.

Phase 2 also hopefully includes the community centre (they had a panel about it), but it sounds as though phase 2 will be phased, with the tower first.

There weren't many people at the open house (I think there was maybe one other who came in while I was there). I recommend going to these things. They are a great opportunity to talk to developers and planners (there was a city planner there too).

Could you explain the fines?

Old Posted Jul 21, 2017, 4:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesOwnz View Post
I work in the area and hear from people working inside the mall that the project is heavily delayed and businesses with leases are getting very worried about the potential fines.

Doesn't look like a Summer 2018 opening is going to happen.
for those who have purchased in bldg 1 and per amended docs - target date is last 3 mo of 2018.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2017, 4:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof View Post
On Tuesday, at the community open house for Phase 2, the developer rep. told me that they are expecting to open Q2 2019. I had said I hoped the bridge to the Skytrain would be open before then; he was doubtful due to continuing construction, particularly of the middle tower on Lougheed (I forget the number) which is behind the others.

Phase 2 also hopefully includes the community centre (they had a panel about it), but it sounds as though phase 2 will be phased, with the tower first.

There weren't many people at the open house (I think there was maybe one other who came in while I was there). I recommend going to these things. They are a great opportunity to talk to developers and planners (there was a city planner there too).

Could you explain the fines?
That's surprising.

Seems like most of the formwork is done, or will be in a month or two.

Should be steel erecting and finishes from here on, which move at a much more rapid clip than concrete.

Tenant build outs taking say 6 months, and I would have figured open in time for Christmas 2018.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2017, 7:17 PM

The fines could be for retailers who close before their contract expires. I am sure a lot are taking a loss to remain open knowing holding on there will pay off when it becomes one of the better malls in the region. But if they keep delaying the opening they may have to close and pay fines for doing so.

A friend of mine managed a store in guildford. He lived diwntiwn. We had a big snow storm and he dudnt get to the store until 1 pm and was fined for not opening on time by the mall.

Old Posted Yesterday, 1:14 AM

Today:

my pics.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley