HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Jun 20, 2017, 1:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chundercracker View Post
Howdy folks... long time lurker on this board since 2010 here. (It's been my goto for information regarding the future of downtown development and has greatly influenced my real estate purchasing decisions).

As an Austinite of over 30 years, a resident of 360 for almost 10 years and a future resident of Austin Proper I can probably offer up some info for curious minds. AMA.
Great choice. I really dig the interior design....really slick. I almost purchased a 360 (unit 2002), but I was supposed to close the week Lehman's went down, so I walked away from my dn payment. Still smarts.

I really hated the finish out of my unit, I actually walked it the day before closing, and just couldn't get over how suburban "builder grade" it was. I woke up the next morning and decided not to buy.

From the renderings, I REALLY like the style of the Proper, probably my favorite (non-custom) condo finish out downtown.

Will the condos have all the amenities of the Hotel? ie....room service, turn down, spa, etc?

Cheers, and welcome.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2017, 1:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcbrickley View Post
Great choice. I really dig the interior design....really slick. I almost purchased a 360 (unit 2002), but I was supposed to close the week Lehman's went down, so I walked away from my dn payment. Still smarts.

I really hated the finish out of my unit, I actually walked it the day before closing, and just couldn't get over how suburban "builder grade" it was. I woke up the next morning and decided not to buy.

From the renderings, I REALLY like the style of the Proper, probably my favorite (non-custom) condo finish out downtown.

Will the condos have all the amenities of the Hotel? ie....room service, turn down, spa, etc?

Cheers, and welcome.
Thank you. Funny you mentioned that regarding the 360.... I do recall Novare pulling a bit of a bait n' switch when it came to the finishes of the unit (specifically referring to the bathroom). I haggled w/ with them a bit before closing because certain things promised were definitely not delivered.

I also watched a House Hunters episode recently where a couple were shopping for a condo in Denver, and it happened to be a Novare condo. The interior was pretty much identical to the 360 so you're definitely right on the suburban cookiecutter-ness. Comparatively, since the proper isn't scheduled to finish until late 2018, I've been able to submit modifications to floorplans to the developer which has been an unexpected surprise.

Yes, amentities for residents at the proper extends to all services available for the hotel. It's all tied to a proprietary tablet app. Personalized service like room service, turndown, and spa treatments are of course not free, but residents do get a fairly significant discount. One of the main draws for me is that since the condo shares services with the hotel, the HOA is cheaper than a condo-only building w/ similar services.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2017, 1:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummer View Post
Welcome! Glad to have you here. I don't have any info requests right now, but that may change....either way, we appreciate any input!
Thanks drummer. Noticed in your posts that you're in China... what region may I ask?

Old Posted Jun 21, 2017, 12:24 AM
World Traveler

Quote:
Thanks drummer. Noticed in your posts that you're in China... what region may I ask?
I live in Yunnan Province. Southwest China

Old Posted Jun 21, 2017, 8:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummer View Post
I live in Yunnan Province. Southwest China
congrats, yunnan cuisine is some of my favorite as far as regional chinese cuisines go... too bad it hasn't caught on stateside yet.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2017, 12:16 AM
World Traveler

Quote:
congrats, yunnan cuisine is some of my favorite as far as regional chinese cuisines go... too bad it hasn't caught on stateside yet.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2017, 2:36 AM

Here's a shot from the Seaholm Residences

Old Posted Aug 3, 2017, 5:16 PM

7/31/17

Old Posted Aug 9, 2017, 1:32 AM

8/7/17

Old Posted Aug 25, 2017, 4:59 PM

More photos from inside the Austin Proper site: http://austin.towers.net/first-look-...treet-district

Old Posted Aug 25, 2017, 8:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcbrickley View Post

Cheers, and welcome.
There is a project in Bee Cave called Ethan's View that takes queues from the Proper. A little urbanity in the hill country.

Virtual Reality

Old Posted Aug 29, 2017, 1:11 AM

Today

Old Posted Aug 29, 2017, 3:32 PM

Resident's windows on the north side will be something like 30 feet from the offices at 3rd and shoal.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2017, 3:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speculator View Post
Resident's windows on the north side will be something like 30 feet from the offices at 3rd and shoal.
The north side is reserved for exhibitionists

Old Posted Sep 26, 2017, 7:04 PM

Today.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2017, 11:28 PM

Looks like we may see the facade go up soon. You can see some panels being staged on the Third and Shoal webcam.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2017, 3:33 PM

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2017, 10:40 PM

From today. More of the facade being installed. Reminds me of the TransAmerica Pyramid panels.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2017, 11:18 PM

Also from today.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2017, 4:37 PM
クラブトクヨ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_guy View Post
From today. More of the facade being installed. Reminds me of the TransAmerica Pyramid panels.

The window façade looks nice, I like it.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin