HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jul 6, 2018, 12:00 PM
BANNED

Soccer ball @ Mercedes-Benz Stadium Under Construction

Click on link to view video
https://twitter.com/ATLUTD/status/1014894672773373952

Old Posted Jul 6, 2018, 12:05 PM
BANNED

Buckhead - It really doesn't get any better than this!

Old Posted Jul 6, 2018, 12:16 PM
BANNED

Just Keep Scrolling - It's Worth It

Posted by: u/jasonzutty Reddit

Old Posted Jul 6, 2018, 2:06 PM

Wow!

Is that lightening and fireworks in the same shot! Wow - awesome timing!

Old Posted Jul 6, 2018, 2:40 PM

Buckhead's skyline absolutely rivals the skylines of most southern cities.

Last edited by jayden; Jul 6, 2018 at 2:57 PM.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2018, 3:18 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayden View Post
Buckhead's skyline absolutely rivals the skylines of most southern cities.
And that picture just show half of it!

Old Posted Jul 6, 2018, 3:57 PM

[QUOTE=Atlanta3000;8243039]Buckhead - It really doesn't get any better than this!

Love the Sovereign building. I just wish the heart of Buckhead felt more like a city rather than an inaccessible oversized corporate office park with a loop around it. To me, the best part of Buckhead (and the part with the most potential moving forward) is around the Shops at Buckhead Atlanta, Buckhead Theater, St. Regis, etc.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2018, 5:39 PM

Hanover West Peachtree sidewalk is installed and trees planted, just waiting on them to open up that section of the sidewalk to the public...

Old Posted Jul 6, 2018, 10:54 PM

The Fuqua Beltline project at 10th and Monroe was killed.

https://www.ajc.com/business/beltlin...gS2MeFxOlw6wK/

Old Posted Jul 6, 2018, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWNTWN View Post

This was by far the best his firm has ever put forward

Old Posted Jul 6, 2018, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWNTWN View Post

I'm not a fan of Fuqua, but this was one of his better and more urban projects. I find it funny how this project is the one that got canned. It seems NIMBY's are out in full force in Atlanta. I wonder if this project would have been approved if the number of parking spaces were significantly reduced.

Last edited by One ATLien; Jul 7, 2018 at 12:10 AM.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2018, 1:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One ATLien View Post
I'm not a fan of Fuqua, but this was one of his better and more urban projects. I find it funny how this project is the one that got canned. It seems NIMBY's are out in full force in Atlanta. I wonder if this project would have been approved if the number of parking spaces were significantly reduced.
I believe the development would have gone through if the developer was anyone but Fuqua. If they reduced the parking, the project should have went through. I’m against the SFH push the select neighbors are chanting about. Piedmont Ark isn’t their private backyard.

Side note: If my memory is serving me correctly, the plaza with Trader Joe’s has just under 600 spaces and the plaza with Home Depot has another ~800 surface parking spaces. This whole area is an abyss of parking and needs to be redeveloped as a transit and BIKE oriented development, with parking maximums.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2018, 1:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
I believe the development would have gone through if the developer was anyone but Fuqua. If they reduced the parking, the project should have went through. I’m against the SFH push the select neighbors are chanting about. Piedmont Ark isn’t their private backyard.

Side note: If my memory is serving me correctly, the plaza with Trader Joe’s has just under 600 spaces and the plaza with Home Depot has another ~800 surface parking spaces. This whole area is an abyss of parking and needs to be redeveloped as a transit and BIKE oriented development, with parking maximums.
I wish those plaza's would be redeveloped sometime soon, but seems unlikely.. I also suspect there would be some strong resistance to any medium/high density urban type redevelopment project in or near Virginia Highland.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2018, 2:01 AM

Quote:

Agree, agree, agree.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2018, 2:53 PM

Quote:
Hanover West Peachtree sidewalk is installed and trees planted, just waiting on them to open up that section of the sidewalk to the public...

A short walk from Hanover West Peachtree is where Cousins has talked about building a 31 story office tower. Back in April, it was reported that "site will be shovel ready by end of this year".

If built, that stunning Midtown/Downtown skyline picture Atlanta 3000 posted will have an even more electric look.

https://www.bisnow.com/atlanta/news/...-project-87841

Nearby GT's coda sure is shaping up nicely, too ! I wonder if a Georgia Tech sign or coda branding will be placed on top or on sides of coda.

Anyone know the latest on this 8th @ West Peachtree project?

Old Posted Jul 8, 2018, 4:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Peachtree View Post
A short walk from Hanover West Peachtree is where Cousins has talked about building a 31 story office tower. Back in April, it was reported that "site will be shovel ready by end of this year".

If built, that stunning Midtown/Downtown skyline picture Atlanta 3000 posted will have an even more electric look.

https://www.bisnow.com/atlanta/news/...-project-87841

Nearby GT's coda sure is shaping up nicely, too ! I wonder if a Georgia Tech sign or coda branding will be placed on top or on sides of coda.

Anyone know the latest on this 8th @ West Peachtree project?
I think you've missed several updates on this on previous pages, but here's the Midtown DRC meeting on it at least:

https://www.midtownatl.com/about/new.../june-drc-2018

Old Posted Jul 8, 2018, 4:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alco89 View Post
I think you've missed several updates on this on previous pages, but here's the Midtown DRC meeting on it at least:

https://www.midtownatl.com/about/new.../june-drc-2018
Thank you very much, alco89.

A stunning building and with 31 stories, might be a new centerpiece for Midtown give how Tech Square balances out 14th street South to North and Spring St and Juniper have blossomed East to West.

I was really trying to see if any more about "shovel ready this year" timing had been made public or heard.

Directly across the street from that proposed site, impressive ALEXEN 880 Apartments appear to be 19, if not 20 stories already.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2018, 4:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Peachtree View Post
Thank you very much, alco89.

A stunning building and with 31 stories, might be a new centerpiece for Midtown give how Tech Square balances out 14th street South to North and Spring St and Juniper have blossomed East to West.

I was really trying to see if any more about "shovel ready this year" timing had been made public or heard.

Directly across the street from that proposed site, impressive ALEXEN 880 Apartments appear to be 19, if not 20 stories already.
I thought I heard somewhere they would "try" to break ground by January 2019, but who knows....the real question is when is 1105 West Peachtree starting construction?

Old Posted Jul 8, 2018, 6:58 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
I thought I heard somewhere they would "try" to break ground by January 2019, but who knows....the real question is when is 1105 West Peachtree starting construction?
The Midtown Alliance just updated their website and it shows 1105 West Peachtree starting this Summer!!!

https://www.midtownatl.com/business/development-tour

Old Posted Jul 8, 2018, 8:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
The Midtown Alliance just updated their website and it shows 1105 West Peachtree starting this Summer!!!

https://www.midtownatl.com/business/development-tour
Finally!

Last edited by mayhem; Jul 9, 2018 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Stop quoting pictures.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations