HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth

Old Posted Feb 9, 2013, 6:08 PM

Park Vic is actually a nice design in a '60s idiom. Too bad the apartments are rather outdated now.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2013, 2:26 AM

Looking for a place for Mom to retire, so we did the grand tour of the Parkland building today..

Wow. What a place! High dollar marble finishes in all the common areas. Even tile in the circular drive outside.

Open concept kitchen, complete with pizza oven, with full kitchen staff and pasty chef!

Piano Bar with bartender.

20? seat movie theater, spa, exercise facilities (but no pool, wtf?) Indoor driving range!!

Rooms were only average (considering price), nice granite countertops, but not much more than you'd see in the average Sheraton hotel room. They blew their budget on the common areas.

Prices? $3200 for a Studio apt, $4000 (IIRC) for a one bedroom.. Not obscene considering that those prices are all inclusive (3 Restaurant meals a day) and from what I saw, the food, kitchen and staff looks top notch!

Then we get to the various "assisted" levels.Are you sitting? Enriched care, which is basically that your able to look after yourself with a little help dressing etc, $5500/mth. The next level above that, which is basically full on 24hr nursing "old age home" level, $8500/mth!! I think if I needed that, my family would likely shoot me first

Old Posted Feb 21, 2013, 11:37 AM

If you need fulltime care it seems unlikely you would need the driving range or pizza chef.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2013, 3:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith P. View Post
If you need fulltime care it seems unlikely you would need the driving range or pizza chef.
That is true.

On either of the "care" floors (fl. 2&3) they have their own "restaurant" on their floor, however these folks still have the right to access all amenities in the building.

In practice, I imagine that those on floor 3 (those requiring minimal care) will be the ones who will use the "extras" while the ones on floor 2 (maximum care) won't.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2013, 3:26 AM

Wow, I just discovered this development. I used to live at 5770 Spring Garden Road., and when I left Halifax in 2010, I had no idea this was about to happen (aside from the old houses looking vacant). I'm really surprised by this. I love the density, but the faux-historic accents aren't my cup of tea. Is there a patio facing the park or is that side a complete dead zone?

Old Posted Jul 27, 2013, 3:48 AM
Dartmouth Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramako View Post
Wow, I just discovered this development. I used to live at 5770 Spring Garden Road., and when I left Halifax in 2010, I had no idea this was about to happen (aside from the old houses looking vacant). I'm really surprised by this. I love the density, but the faux-historic accents aren't my cup of tea. Is there a patio facing the park or is that side a complete dead zone?
Dead zone, to the max. The entrance for thier underground parking is at street level on that side.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth