HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Old Posted Oct 21, 2011, 2:16 AM

They said around mid November for our move in date. We are on the 23rd floor. So I'm assuming everything will be completed by early December.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2011, 4:41 AM

Are walk-thrus limited to the unit or including amenity space as well? Any word on who is renting commercial space?

Old Posted Oct 22, 2011, 3:49 AM

I noticed jhausner's pictures of some of the amenities areas but when I did my walk through I asked if I could take a look and they said they were working on them and that they were too busy to show the amenities so we can take a good look at them when we pickup our keys.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2011, 6:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m9col View Post
I noticed jhausner's pictures of some of the amenities areas but when I did my walk through I asked if I could take a look and they said they were working on them and that they were too busy to show the amenities so we can take a good look at them when we pickup our keys.
They told me the same thing but I said we had 1 hour scheduled and had only used 40 min for the inspection so we had time and she said good point and showed us the ammenity space. We couldnt go in because they were working on it but I just wanted to see it all from the main bridge hallway.

As for rental yes i would imagine they cant force anyone but would really try to encourage that you use their company.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2011, 4:38 AM

Here are some of the amenities

Old Posted Nov 10, 2011, 7:00 PM

Spoke with Concord yesterday and the letters with the completion dates went out to everyone on floors 2 - 18, the rest will be sent out in the next two weeks. First people to have Completion will start on Nov 22 with posession the next day. People on the higher floors are looking at mid-December.

Also another FYI, there was some confusion that the tax for original purchasers with discounts was going to be applied to the purchase price rather than the sale price but they have scratched that and have confirmed that it will be on the discounted price....the wording of the original papers sounded like the credit would be applied after all of the other numbers have been done but they said that wont be a problem.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2011, 9:29 PM

If anyone gets some pictures of the amenities in person try and post them, havent been able to take a look yet but hear they are pretty nice and the gym has high quality equipment.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2011, 6:39 AM

This project I guess could go under the complete section since people have finally started to move in. Also, I noticed now that they light up the crowns of all three buildings at night now.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2011, 7:30 AM

It surprised me how large the underground parking for these towers are. It is quite massive.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2011, 7:20 PM

I'm on P3 and it takes me almost 2 minutes to get to the top. Not just the mass but also the fact there are really no signs lol. I've watched dozens of people going around in circles completely lost.

Fun times. Can't wait until we can use all 3 elevators instead of just 1 due to all the move ins lol.

Building is very nice though! Very much enjoying my morning view of the sunrise over Mount Baker (when it isn't cloudy).

Last edited by GMasterAres; Dec 13, 2011 at 9:47 PM.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2011, 7:45 PM

You get a morning view of the sunset?

Old Posted Dec 13, 2011, 7:55 PM

good to hear everybody's moving in

what's the demographic like?

any guess as to how many units are/will be rented?

Old Posted Dec 13, 2011, 9:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanman View Post
You get a morning view of the sunset?
Lol. Sunrise I meant.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2011, 9:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by webster View Post
good to hear everybody's moving in

what's the demographic like?

any guess as to how many units are/will be rented?
Not sure. So far I'd say 75-80% of the people I've run into are of asian descent. Quite a lot of younger people and/or couples. For renters I've run into a few so far who were all either SFU or UBC students.

As for actual numbers, it would all just be a guess on my part. The parking lots seem to be quite empty so that either indicates 1 or both of that people moving in don't have cars and/or quite a few units are still unoccupied as they will be rental units.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2011, 5:31 PM

Visitor Parking

Any word on whether they will open free visitor parking? Is it normal to not have any visitor parking between 700+ condos esp. since there is no street parking in the neighborhood?

Old Posted Dec 15, 2011, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvr_surrey View Post
Any word on whether they will open free visitor parking? Is it normal to not have any visitor parking between 700+ condos esp. since there is no street parking in the neighborhood?
they can always park in the parking lot across the street. But I agree visitor parking is needed. Probably when they finish building the parking lot and doing the landscaping for the little mall and coffee shop.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2011, 6:49 PM

I was told by Concord that visitor parking is the pay parking underground. There will be no free visitor parking. I believe it is the same downtown Vancouver aka difficult to find free visitor parking.

In fairness the cost is fairly cheap. $3 total after 6pm and on weekends.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2011, 12:31 AM

That's no good.
So a friend drives into town from Alberta, crashes at your place for a week, and he/she has to pay to park the car? Pay parking may work for short term (i.e. a party, etc., since residents usually only get one visitor parking pass) but there's definitely value in having it.
In downtown Vancouver, condo residents usually have one visitor parking pass and it's first come first served (some with a 24 hour limit unless permission is obtained from the manager).

Old Posted Dec 16, 2011, 4:47 PM

Yah not sure again. Whenever I probe deeper with Concord they tell me to talk to the management company and when I talk to them they tell me that they are limited until a new Strata council is elected.

*shrug* I would be surprised if at some stage we don't get some sort of visitor's pass.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2011, 6:23 PM
Ferris Wheel Hater

Not unusual at all, many new downtown condos do not have any visitor parking period. Heck some don't even provide parking for all owners.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley