HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted May 17, 2014, 2:45 AM

It would be nice to just name the actual playing field after Landcaster. Just have his retired number and his script, it would be a nice touch.

Old Posted May 17, 2014, 9:41 AM

Combine them all!

The Mosaic Potash Corp. Ron Lancaster Memorial Stadium Right Next to Taylor Field

Old Posted May 18, 2014, 2:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicPonyTime View Post
Combine them all!

The Mosaic Potash Corp. Ron Lancaster Memorial Stadium Right Next to Taylor Field
With Dave Ridgeway stands?

Old Posted May 18, 2014, 4:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicPonyTime View Post
Combine them all!

don't forget to throw credit union connexus cooperators centre plex in there

Old Posted May 20, 2014, 2:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migs View Post
Like I've told you many times already, May 22nd.
With almost two days away for the stadium announcement why is it not in the general media outlets seems a bit odd

Old Posted May 20, 2014, 2:51 AM
The New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadillaccc View Post
Mosaic is a nice name though, it can actually mean something. Not something stupid like Price Waterhouse Coopers Field, or Jobbing.com Arena... crap like that. Even Hamilton's "Tim Hortons Field," even though it has a corporate name, means something to the city, because Tim Hortons was founded there.
Mosaic is a corporate name though. It's not even a Canadian company.

Old Posted May 20, 2014, 5:02 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefourthtower View Post
With almost two days away for the stadium announcement why is it not in the general media outlets seems a bit odd
Because they are always the last to know.

Old Posted May 20, 2014, 5:41 AM
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaidso View Post
Mosaic is a corporate name though. It's not even a Canadian company.
I was going to mention that.. American Potash Company.

That being said, they have increased their visibility and community supports in a huge way ever since they purchased the naming rights to Taylor Field.

They have done many food bank/school food/children's charity programs; purchased the naming rights to Moose Jaw's new Arena (Mosaic Place); announced a contribution of around $1 mill IIRC to support the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Museum in Regina (federal and provincial funding support had been waning) and they are the anchor tenant of Tower III in Regina, shifting a fair bit of office jobs/responsibilities to Regina along the way

So in the end, I wouldn't be surprised if the local populace started thinking of them as a bit of a local company, even if technically it isn't.

That or they are trying to make sure their name is still out there if they end up losing the naming rights to someone else willing to pay more....

Old Posted May 20, 2014, 1:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I was going to mention that.. American Potash Company.

That being said, they have increased their visibility and community supports in a huge way ever since they purchased the naming rights to Taylor Field.

They have done many food bank/school food/children's charity programs; purchased the naming rights to Moose Jaw's new Arena (Mosaic Place); announced a contribution of around $1 mill IIRC to support the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Museum in Regina (federal and provincial funding support had been waning) and they are the anchor tenant of Tower III in Regina, shifting a fair bit of office jobs/responsibilities to Regina along the way

So in the end, I wouldn't be surprised if the local populace started thinking of them as a bit of a local company, even if technically it isn't.

That or they are trying to make sure their name is still out there if they end up losing the naming rights to someone else willing to pay more....
I would definitely judge them by their corporate responsibility and investment in the Province rather than by who owns them. Regina is their worldwide potash HQ.

Old Posted May 20, 2014, 1:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefourthtower View Post
For some reason the City is downplaying it. The Mayor definitely was downplaying it on Global this am. He said there will be "SOME" announcement this Thursday, in a real understated tone.

The invite from the City call the event "historic", however.

Old Posted May 20, 2014, 2:18 PM
arf

There was a brief mention in the Prairie Dog, but only in as much as rumours from skyscraperpage that the 22nd was the date to circle. It wouldn't surprise me that the city would forget The Dog when relaying information like this, but it seems a little too typical of governments in general these days.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted May 20, 2014, 3:19 PM

Maybe the announcement will be funding for a renovation of Mosaic so that the Riders can play in there for another decade?

Haha, I kid, I kid

Old Posted May 20, 2014, 3:39 PM
BANNED

@YQRstadium: In only 48 hours we get to see the facility of the future for #Ridernation, the #CFL, and amateur sports in our province. #yqr #Riders

Old Posted May 20, 2014, 3:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migs View Post
@YQRstadium: In only 48 hours we get to see the facility of the future for #Ridernation, the #CFL, and amateur sports in our province. #yqr #Riders
Thanks Migs, you are a great person for helping identify project dates!

Old Posted May 20, 2014, 4:22 PM
Regina SK

I'm usually skeptical as hell on most projects in Saskatchewan, but I am pretty excited for everything about this, including the redevelopment of the downtown intermodal yard and the existing stadiums location. This is monumental without a doubt, and until its fully realized it will be kind of hard to comprehend.

Old Posted May 20, 2014, 4:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devon View Post
I'm usually skeptical as hell on most projects in Saskatchewan, but I am pretty excited for everything about this, including the redevelopment of the downtown intermodal yard and the existing stadiums location. This is monumental without a doubt, and until its fully realized it will be kind of hard to comprehend.
This, IMO will do wonders for the Warehouse district and for North Central. It again IMO will rejuvenate a very run-down area. I look forward to seeing condos and services in the warehouse district and in the new north downtown area. As well the new stadium site. And as always the new stadium itself! And the great impact that will have on the Exhibition grounds!

Old Posted May 20, 2014, 4:46 PM

I'm existed but reserved. Spent to much time in Regina to think our flash or crash mentality has not changed. This facility with either be the nicest one in Canada, or uglier then the shed they are building in Hamilton. Regina does not do things "ordinary" so it's either we go big or go crap.

So even with signs pointing towards us leading the way I still remain nervous. From a lee stadium standpoint I have been disappointed in each of the 3 new facilities in Winnipeg, Hamilton, Ottawa, as all have been a reality that was lower then the original expectations and and. Only the BC place Reno has held it's own, the Edmonton will likely also. So I'm ours is more BC Place and more Rogers Arena vs Tim Hortons field.

Old Posted May 20, 2014, 4:50 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Regina_Boy View Post
Thanks Migs, you are a great person for helping identify project dates!
No problem, it's my pleasure. I'll be tweeting images and comments from the press conference.

Old Posted May 20, 2014, 4:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Regina_Boy View Post
This, IMO will do wonders for the Warehouse district and for North Central. It again IMO will rejuvenate a very run-down area. I look forward to seeing condos and services in the warehouse district and in the new north downtown area. As well the new stadium site. And as always the new stadium itself! And the great impact that will have on the Exhibition grounds!
Assuming our economy keeps ticking along, I expect to see a hockey arena eventually on the former CP lands downtown. It may not have fit a football stadium, but an arena will fit and will have more synergies with downtown, being a much more active facility than a football stadium.

By the time the football stadium is built, the Brandt Centre will be 40 years old. It is sad that Saskatoon has a 15,000+ seat arena and Regina's is 6000.

I would look for a plan to be in place before the end of the decade. The arena will not happen unless the football stadium build goes smoothly.

Old Posted May 20, 2014, 5:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by osmo View Post

From a lee stadium standpoint I have been disappointed in each of the 3 new facilities in Winnipeg, Hamilton, Ottawa, as all have been a reality that was lower then the original expectations and and. Only the BC place Reno has held it's own, the Edmonton will likely also. So I'm ours is more BC Place and more Rogers Arena vs Tim Hortons field.
This is an unfortunate assesment.

Comparing Winnipeg's $210 Million facility to BC's $500 million renovation.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan