HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Three World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Feb 4, 2011, 10:58 PM
Because I'm Clever!

^Even better, I sentence them to license my models for a hefty fee.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2011, 1:15 AM
BANNED

Nomura may take nearly 1m sf in this tower.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2011, 2:46 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertWalpole View Post
Nomura may take nearly 1m sf in this tower.
That would be GREAT news. Where'd you hear it?

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/05/ny...5downtown.html

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2011, 4:03 AM
Because I'm Clever!

Old Posted Feb 8, 2011, 8:26 PM
New Yorker for life

These renderings are great. I think I will be more excited to see this one rise than any other at the WTC, though I am excited to see them all get built.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2011, 11:12 PM
Twin Towers Guy / NYC

one world trade is the star, but this is a beauty... the for antenna's or spire points at each end make this so unique, plus with the 4 red beacon lights on top make this building just as dominate ....

Old Posted Feb 9, 2011, 5:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-TOWERS View Post
one world trade is the star, but this is a beauty... the for antenna's or spire points at each end make this so unique, plus with the 4 red beacon lights on top make this building just as dominate ....
Before I finished reading your post I was going to mention the beacon lights as well. It's really going to stand out from a distance.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2011, 5:41 AM
New Yorker for life

Remember we were also teased with this in one of the animations...

And again in one of those early renderings...

Old Posted Feb 10, 2011, 9:39 AM
New Yorker for life

Maybe Bloomberg could have convinced his old company to head Downtown, their own tower isn't large enough to contain them...

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/10/ny...l?ref=nyregion
Growing Bloomberg L.P. To Rent Half of a Tower

By CHARLES V. BAGLI
February 9, 2011

Quote:
In another sign of Bloomberg L.P.’s growth, the company announced on Wednesday that it had signed a lease for 16 floors in the former Philip Morris building, across from Grand Central Terminal.

Bloomberg, a financial information and technology company founded by Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg, said that it needed the additional space to accommodate its swelling work force. The number of employees in New York City alone has grown by nearly 40 percent, to 6,500, since December 2008.

“We continue to hire in New York and we expect that to continue as we expand our businesses and move into new markets worldwide,” Daniel L. Doctoroff, the company’s president, said in a statement.

The company recently announced that it would build a new European headquarters in London with more than 500,000 square feet of office space.

Several years ago, Bloomberg built a headquarters in New York, at Lexington Avenue near 59th Street, where it has almost 900,000 square feet.

It signed a lease Wednesday for an additional 400,000 square feet of space in the old Philip Morris building,
at the southwest corner of Park Avenue and 42nd Street — more than half of the 26-story tower, which has been largely vacant for several years.

The Altria Group, which owns Philip Morris, sold the building to Global Holdings in 2008 for $525 million, after it moved its headquarters to Richmond, Va.

Global Holdings has struggled to find tenants for the building at the rents it wanted. The company had recently signed a nonbinding letter of intent with Wells Fargo, which was negotiating a lease for a large block of space, according to three real estate executives, but Bloomberg got the space.

Doctoroff was mayor Bloomberg's deputy mayor for economic development and rebuilding. That 400,000 sq ft lease is exactly what Silverstein needs here. Oh well, next!

Old Posted Feb 13, 2011, 6:52 AM
Because I'm Clever!

^It would have been kinda nutz to have 80% of the workers in Midtown, and force people to go all the way downtown to meet with the other 20%.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2011, 2:25 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR View Post
^It would have been kinda nutz to have 80% of the workers in Midtown, and force people to go all the way downtown to meet with the other 20%.
Not if you move'em all Downtown. It's too bad Bloomberg didn't get a larger tower of their own, but I'm betting they eventually will. I could see the company moving to the west side.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2011, 8:51 PM
Metal Up Your !

^^^ Beautiful render.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2011, 3:07 AM

This probably has been mentioned before but it looks like a modern version of The Willis Tower from Chicago...

Old Posted Feb 14, 2011, 4:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanvinHomme View Post
This probably has been mentioned before but it looks like a modern version of The Willis Tower from Chicago...
You must be from Chicago,,, cause if you lived in NY you would know that it could be considered the sister building to the New York Times Building... Look it up!!!
That's excluding the base...

Old Posted Feb 14, 2011, 10:17 PM
Because I'm Clever!

^No actual Chicagoan would refer the building as "Willis Tower."

Also, the two buildings have very little in common. Even the generally massing is way off.

Last edited by STR; Feb 14, 2011 at 10:53 PM.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2011, 11:57 PM
World Machine

I see absolutely no resemblance.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2011, 12:54 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dac150 View Post
LOL

Old Posted Feb 15, 2011, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dac150 View Post
only if you squint.

Buildings Over 200 Meters 62 Completed 20 Under Construction 50 Proposed 0 On Hold

Old Posted Feb 15, 2011, 1:48 AM

This building is by far my favorite in the WTC plans. There's something about it that just looks awesome. It's simple and doesn't try to do too much. Can't wait to see the trio completed!

Old Posted Feb 15, 2011, 5:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR View Post
^No actual Chicagoan would refer the building as "Willis Tower."

Also, the two buildings have very little in common. Even the generally massing is way off.
You might have miss-understood me. I am from NY and I was comparing it to other buildings that I have seen - either online or up and personal. I was fortunate enough to witness the buildings ascention to the heavens. I was telling *** that if he took a look @ a diagharm/photo of the "New York Times Building , it looks quite similar. As mention, you would have to exclude the base and srink the sides a little, but the steel work is very much like NYTB.

Last edited by JZeig1; Feb 15, 2011 at 5:22 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive