HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Omni Nashville-Music City Center Hotel in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Nashville Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Jun 29, 2009, 1:55 AM

NASHVILLE | Omni Nashville-Music City Center Hotel | 79 m / 260 ft | 21 FL | U/C

Nashville's new convention center now has the official plans and design for it's anchor hotel. A over 1,000 room, 40 story tower rising SOuth of BROadway(SoBro) and behind the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum. A hotel brand has not been given, however, rumored candidates are Hyatt Regency, Marriott, Westin, Omni, and Four Seasons. It will be a curved design, with the concave side facing downtown and the large podium and amenities deck on the south side. It will also feature a sloping roof which slopes back to the west wide of the building, which faces the convention center site. A sky bridge will connect the hotel to the convention center as well. Link is included to video of the story.

Images are from WTVF NewsChannel 5 Nashville, TN.

http://www.newschannel5.com/global/story.asp?S=10547011

Overall model

Upper tower and facade

Sky bridge

SE side view

Podium and green roof amenities deck

Lobby and atrium

Last edited by futuresooner; Jul 24, 2011 at 7:49 PM. Reason: name, height, and const. status updates

Old Posted Jun 29, 2009, 1:59 AM
JoeCooper

Wow, great project! At this point if constructed it would be the 2nd tallest in Nashville if I'm not mistaken! Hopefully in some indirect way, this project may push the Signature Tower from being a pipe dream to a reality from setting the example that the boom in Nashville is nowhere near dead!

Old Posted Jun 29, 2009, 1:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAPINM1 View Post
Wow, great project! At this point if constructed it would be the 2nd tallest in Nashville if I'm not mistaken! Hopefully in some indirect way, this project may push the Signature Tower from being a pipe dream to a reality from setting the example that the boom in Nashville is nowhere near dead!
This should indeed be the second tallest for Nashville. Hopefully we'll get a couple of more towers with the new Convention Center. If Signature Tower can't get off the ground because of the new Convention Center then I don't think it will. The new configuration of Siggy is mostly hotel space.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2009, 2:08 AM

With the new convention center possibly breaking ground this winter, the SoBro district of downtown is going to become a flurry of activity. Just the immediate site and hotel alone, I'd expect 4-6 tower cranes. Another hotel of 200-400 rooms is proposed on the west side of the convention center. This definetly may spark a mini boom in the downtown area, and provide a glimpse to developers that Nashville may be a safer investment for the future.

Official new convention center website:
http://www.nashvillemusiccitycenter.com/

Last edited by futuresooner; Jun 29, 2009 at 3:28 AM.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2009, 4:42 AM
Trendy.

Wow! That's beautiful!

Old Posted Jun 29, 2009, 6:03 AM

Main Entrance

Last edited by Urbannizer; Jun 29, 2009 at 7:59 AM.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2009, 8:47 PM
Meh

Very nice. It's good to see these behemoth convention center hotels start to take on a nicer style. So many of them at first were just giant boxes. So utilitarian and boring. While we already have our official convention center hotel, there's a plan for another one by Marriott, and so far I am not liking it. I hope they take cues from this one and also the one in Fort Worth. I understand it's usually a cost issue that makes them plain and simple, but these hotels are usually one of the first things a visitor to your city will see and interact with and also it advertises the city a bit. So it should make sense to make their designs pleasing to the eye.

I really like that entrance. Very cool building.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Jun 29, 2009, 10:48 PM

wonderful design

Old Posted Jun 30, 2009, 4:07 AM

great looking building!

Old Posted Jul 1, 2009, 2:13 AM
$$Money on my Mind$$

Nice! Congrats Nashville!!!!

Old Posted Jul 1, 2009, 5:45 AM
them bones

Damn that's nice. The roof will actually be taller than the Batman Building so this will have a huge impact on the skyline.

Who's the architect?

The facade is really interesting...if it works it'll be incredible, if it doesn't...could be terrible (there's a building from the 60's in NYC that I'm thinking of that I can't recall at the moment with a similar facade)

Old Posted Jul 1, 2009, 3:52 PM
Chairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by plinko View Post
Damn that's nice. The roof will actually be taller than the Batman Building so this will have a huge impact on the skyline.

Who's the architect?

The facade is really interesting...if it works it'll be incredible, if it doesn't...could be terrible (there's a building from the 60's in NYC that I'm thinking of that I can't recall at the moment with a similar facade)
Did you mean the "Batman" Building without the spires?

-sb

Old Posted Jul 1, 2009, 8:59 PM
them bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakman View Post
Did you mean the "Batman" Building without the spires?
Yes. I don't really count spires. This would have the tallest roof and top floor in town. Nice.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2009, 8:23 PM

Quote:
Yes. I don't really count spires. This would have the tallest roof and top floor in town. Nice.
The only thing is that it's location is in SoBro. It will be east of the covnention center, where the land quickly slopes towards the river. The true core, where AT&T Tower is, sits upon a bluff basically and the hilly terrain gives the appaearance that other towers are taller or shorter than they appear. We'll have to see an overall skyline image to get a better grip on it's appearance elevation. I think it'll come close, but not surpass AT&T Tower. The spires were part of the design in the first place.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2009, 4:26 AM
Endless Moments...

Hey it looks kewl. I likes...

Old Posted Jul 1, 2009, 6:17 PM
Trendy.

Quote:

Who's the architect?

I don't know who designed it, but for some reason, it *screams* John Portman to me. I see hints of the SunTrust Center and there's even a copy of the famed suspended trellis of the Hyatt Regency Atlanta in the lobby rendering.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2009, 3:55 PM

The building is indeed designed by Portman. The design will not be finalized until next year. What we know now is that the tower will be at least 40 ft. but many have counted 47 floors on the model.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2009, 2:24 AM
Hopeful Graduate

Very interesting proposal, so by rooftop it will be the tallest building in Nashville?

Old Posted Jul 17, 2009, 2:57 PM
dReAmWiELdEr

Question Another new second hotel tower???

Has anyone heard any news on the other (second) new hotel tower proposal shown below? It appears to be near the 35-40+ floor mark itself.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2009, 3:06 PM
dReAmWiELdEr

Thumbs up

Oh... and BTW, the floor count on the first proposed hotel tower is listed as a confirmed 47 based on the Emporis data at http://www.emporis.com/application/?...ing&id=1158173.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive