HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Dec 12, 2006, 5:06 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
Watch the movie "fubar". It contains everything you need to know about shotgunning beer but were afraid to ask.
what movie?

Old Posted Dec 12, 2006, 5:14 AM
I am a typical

FUBAR!!

How can you not know Fubar?? Jeez, Adrian, get off yer ass and be Canadian, eh?

JUST ONCE!!!

Old Posted Dec 12, 2006, 5:20 AM
the first stamp is free

rent it...

Old Posted Dec 12, 2006, 5:37 AM
I am a typical

You guys could have a sleepover! Watch Fubar, drink beer, practice kissing! Oh, it will be fun!

Old Posted Dec 12, 2006, 5:39 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

seen porkys hell thats the name of my linux box........ still no clue what fubar is.......

Old Posted Dec 12, 2006, 5:50 AM
I am a typical

Porky's is good too. Fubar, Porkys and beer. The three essential ingredients to Canadian Drunkeness. Throw in a repeat of Canada V USSR 1972 and we're set!

Old Posted Dec 12, 2006, 5:52 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

hey what about kids in the hall ?

Old Posted Dec 12, 2006, 5:55 AM
I am a typical

OMG! How could I forget them?!?!?!!?

I hate myself.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2006, 6:06 PM
Movin' on up

I'll be there in spirit

Old Posted Dec 12, 2006, 7:49 PM

Question

I'm up 4 shotgunning a couple beers too, and fubar, and porky's, and..HEY* how 'bout trying to start a winnipeg urban initiative - NAH screw that let's just get drunk

??????????????

Old Posted Dec 12, 2006, 10:11 PM

I think flatlander and I figured out that drinking, peeing and passing out are going to be a crucial action for any serious urbanist in this town.

so how does the 18th or something in that week look for everyone other than 1ajs? I'm angling for that day. I don't know where, Woodbine work?

Old Posted Dec 12, 2006, 10:30 PM

Sure, I dunno about the Woodbine though.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2006, 11:24 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Quote:
Originally Posted by biguc View Post
I think flatlander and I figured out that drinking, peeing and passing out are going to be a crucial action for any serious urbanist in this town.

so how does the 18th or something in that week look for everyone other than 1ajs? I'm angling for that day. I don't know where, Woodbine work?
why not just do the winnipeg ssp drunken bar hop up main you guys then after that we can get together and come up with are plan for the group...

Old Posted Dec 13, 2006, 2:27 AM
Density and complexity

I was at the Woodbine this weekend, killing time before a friend's band was set to go on stage at the Albert. This middle-aged woman started talking to me, and noticing my empty glass, said she would go up to go up to the bar to buy me another draft, but instead walked out of the bar. I was stood up at the Woodbine.

Also, I'm game to meet up if you guys are next week or whenever, but I don't know about doing it at a Main St. beer parlour. Drinking there is a characteristic experience that I recommend, but showing up there as a group of young whites (with varying degrees of street smarts, I'm sure) to talk about Exchange District condos or the new airport terminal is a little conspicuous. I'm not saying we'd get jumped, but we'd probably get alot of attention.

Last edited by rgalston; Dec 13, 2006 at 4:10 AM. Reason: added text

Old Posted Dec 13, 2006, 2:34 AM
I am a typical

Wonderful story.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2006, 4:43 AM
Movin' on up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgalston View Post
I was at the Woodbine this weekend, killing time before a friend's band was set to go on stage at the Albert. This middle-aged woman started talking to me, and noticing my empty glass, said she would go up to go up to the bar to buy me another draft, but instead walked out of the bar. I was stood up at the Woodbine.

Also, I'm game to meet up if you guys are next week or whenever, but I don't know about doing it at a Main St. beer parlour. Drinking there is a characteristic experience that I recommend, but showing up there as a group of young whites (with varying degrees of street smarts, I'm sure) to talk about Exchange District condos or the new airport terminal is a little conspicuous. I'm not saying we'd get jumped, but we'd probably get alot of attention.
This is something else that I am praying downtown revitalization will change. I mean geeze, this isn't The Pas; now THAT is a divided town.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2006, 5:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgalston View Post

You could probably make a better call on the location than me. I'm just really poor though, so I find dives appealing. I guess alley shotguns can remedy the cost situation though.

1ajs, you're working at a gas station? What are you worried about, that's the slackest job you could possibly have. Checkout the archives at http://www.devilmonkey.net/ start at the bottom. There's no reason you can't do that job tired or even hungover.

So it's the 18th, where?

Old Posted Dec 13, 2006, 5:42 AM

Well, the last couple meets I've attended were at the King's Head. Is everyone OK with that?

Old Posted Dec 13, 2006, 5:49 AM

They tend to deny me entrance to that place, since I don't have a membership and look like shit. If somebody is able to get me, and those like me, in with their membership I can see that working. They definitely have a suitable alley, anyway.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2006, 5:51 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Quote:
Originally Posted by biguc View Post
1ajs, you're working at a gas station? What are you worried about, that's the slackest job you could possibly have. Checkout the archives at http://www.devilmonkey.net/ start at the bottom. There's no reason you can't do that job tired or even hungover.
no shells tank farm............

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan