HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Jun 23, 2017, 4:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Looks like a full house or close to it at McGill.
20,000 so roughly 5k short of capacity, that's certainly not great.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2017, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomthumb2 View Post
Capacity used to be 25,012 but its been reduced to 23,420(ish) with endzone seating being taken out on one side. It always boggles my mind when I see Montreal's seat prices. 126 to sit in an upper deck on bleachers in a facility that looks like it might crumble at any point, no wonder they never sell out anymore.

Game was good, both offences were a bit rusty but Glen looked better than I was expecting, typical after I called him out last week.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2017, 1:09 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Really? It didn't look like 20% of the stadium was empty.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2017, 2:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25grapes View Post
Capacity used to be 25,012 but its been reduced to 23,420(ish) with endzone seating being taken out on one side. It always boggles my mind when I see Montreal's seat prices. 126 to sit in an upper deck on bleachers in a facility that looks like it might crumble at any point, no wonder they never sell out anymore.

Game was good, both offences were a bit rusty but Glen looked better than I was expecting, typical after I called him out last week.
Montreal must have the highest price point in the league... if you want to spend under $76 a pop, you're pretty much sitting on bleacher seats in the endzone.

I only caught the first half, looked like both teams were just trying to shake the rust off. Looking at the stat line, Carter was surprisingly unproductive for Sask, 2 catches for 12 yards. Had Bagg been in the lineup it might have tipped the scales in Sask's favour.

So is everyone expecting a revenge beatdown by the Stamps tonight?

Old Posted Jun 23, 2017, 2:40 PM

I'll say the same as I did for the Grey Cup, I expect Calgary to win but it won't surprise me at all if Ottawa wins. Offensively I think Ottawa is just as good as last year, but i'm looking forward to see how they play defensively especially in the secondary. Loosing Kenneh leaves a big whole back there, he pretty much won the RB's the Cup with that shoelace tackle.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2017, 4:19 PM

Quote:

Wow, didn't realize it was that tiny! Thanks for the info. Guess at that size they have to charge more but who's gonna pay 126 bucks - that's outrageous.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2017, 4:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
Montreal must have the highest price point in the league... if you want to spend under $76 a pop, you're pretty much sitting on bleacher seats in the endzone.

I only caught the first half, looked like both teams were just trying to shake the rust off. Looking at the stat line, Carter was surprisingly unproductive for Sask, 2 catches for 12 yards. Had Bagg been in the lineup it might have tipped the scales in Sask's favour.

I always take these first few games as an extension of pre-season. Let's face it, 2 exhibition games is not a lot to get fully game ready. Not complaining mind you - I'd rather see teams shake off the rust in regular season than watch 4 mind numbingly boring pre-season games like the NFL does (and we used to).

Wonder what others here thought of the replay on that Sask fumble? Dunigan was going crazy that it was a huge mistake but I thought it was pretty damn close to breaking the goal line.

I think Ottawa wins tonight with the home field advantage.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2017, 5:58 PM

Quote:
Wow, didn't realize it was that tiny! Thanks for the info. Guess at that size they have to charge more but who's gonna pay 126 bucks - that's outrageous.
Both TD Place and Tim Horton's Field have similar capacities of 24,000, which is in line with what Montreal seats.

BMO Field is not much bigger, seating 26,500 for football.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2017, 7:46 PM

Quote:
It always boggles my mind when I see Montreal's seat prices. 126 to sit in an upper deck on bleachers in a facility that looks like it might crumble at any point, no wonder they never sell out anymore.
Season's include a playoff game, so it is closer to $100, (single game is there) but I get your point....I think when capacity was 20,002 they could charge whatever, but not I think they need to look at reducing since it is A) bench bleacher seats and B) competing with IMFC for entertainment dollars

Last edited by cjones2451; Jun 23, 2017 at 7:50 PM. Reason: clarity

Old Posted Jun 23, 2017, 7:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjones2451 View Post
Season's include a playoff game, so it is closer to $100, (single game is there) but I get your point....I think when capacity was 20,002 they could charge whatever, but not I think they need to look at reducing since it is A) bench bleacher seats and B) competing with IMFC for entertainment dollars
If the Bombers charged Montreal prices, I'd reconsider my ticket buying habits. I think the Als just looked at what the Habs charged and figured that people were used to paying big bucks for sports tickets.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2017, 8:14 PM

Quote:
If the Bombers charged Montreal prices, I'd reconsider my ticket buying habits. I think the Als just looked at what the Habs charged and figured that people were used to paying big bucks for sports tickets.
Me too...

I'd be interested a comparison off all the teams in the league of Single Game - best tix and cheapest seats by team. (all in price too, as the extra fees etc. can add up) I know the Lions went to an all in price a couple of years ago.

Does anyone have that?

Old Posted Jun 23, 2017, 8:19 PM

^ Getting the taxes + fees sorted out could be tricky, but some form of ticket prices are published on all the team websites. I think the Bombers are actually at the cheaper end of the scale. I recall that Edmonton is also fairly inexpensive.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2017, 9:00 PM

^^^ Stamps tickets are reasonable but they do jack the prices a bit for the Rider and Esks games. Can't really blame them as they don't get any money from luxury boxes or other premium seating like they have in the newer stadiums.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2017, 9:05 PM

^ I think differential pricing is a thing pretty well everywhere these days. It's annoying but it's a fact of life.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2017, 9:18 PM

Here is what I got from a quick look. Some sections might be sold out and of course season tix are cheaper

Cheapest Premium Notes
BC $25.50 $138.00 Kids are $5 all summer
Calgary $41.50 $97.00 $21.99 + GST in Safeway / Sobeys section
Edmonton $35.25 $92.25 $12 kids in the No Alcohol sections
Sask $36.00 $119.00
Winnipeg $32.75 $119.00
Toronto $22.00 $152.00
Hamilton $33.00 $106.75 Gen Admission End Zone Patio
Ottawa $37.00 $135.00
Montreal $29.00 $133.00

Old Posted Jun 23, 2017, 10:42 PM

Will be interesting to see the TV ratings for tonights game. No doubt the NHL Draft will crush it but maybe a lot of people will be flipping back and forth (like me).

Old Posted Jun 24, 2017, 1:09 AM

Rod Black has said "the Stamps versus the Champs" at least six times now. Not to mention his many other sucky sayings ("tractor factor".... WTF). How does this idiot keep his job?

Old Posted Jun 24, 2017, 4:25 PM

Quote:
Exciting game last night. And a rare tie game. After that Calgary pick in the first overtime game, I thought Ottawa was done for! Harris looks like the real deal.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2017, 12:26 AM

Harris starts off the season strong and then tends to fade away. we'll see what happens this year.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2017, 1:14 AM

Quote:
Will be interesting to see the TV ratings for tonights game. No doubt the NHL Draft will crush it but maybe a lot of people will be flipping back and forth (like me).
Very good ratings:
"CFL season opener most watched since 2013"

http://3downnation.com/2017/06/23/cf...ed-since-2013/

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada