HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton

Old Posted Feb 23, 2011, 5:00 AM

New design, new name, new site plan: http://www.mycitysquare.ca/
No renderings up there yet, but they have smooth jazz.

3 towers are planned, with phase one consisting of 9 storeys at the corner of Park and Charlton. Some pretty huge penthouse suites with rooftop garden / patio are included. The design has changed completely since its last iteration.

There will be a grand opening on April 3 of the sales office and model suites. Hopefully their website will be updated soon with some renderings and layouts. I'm not associated with this project, just relaying some information.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2011, 2:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Dalton View Post
New design, new name, new site plan: http://www.mycitysquare.ca/
No renderings up there yet, but they have smooth jazz.

Isn't that what we've all been hoping for?

I signed up for their mailing/sales list. I'll let you guys know if I get anything.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2011, 10:21 PM

I can tell you they have been working on site a lot recently and now have most of the outside of the sales office now built, I drive by 3-4 times per week so I will keep you all posted as well.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2011, 1:57 AM

Here's a very recent pic of the construction site (as of this past weekend). Workers have been on the site for over a month now; progress has been slow. I hope they sell well, and I hope the design and finished product is of high quality.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2011, 4:33 AM

I'm not a fan of the first renderings. I don't understand why they can't just put something modern in that space. To make an attempt at matching architectural styles and, of course, missing the mark, just doesn't make sense. I really hope they've come up with something interesting this time round.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2011, 4:01 PM
It's Hammer Time

Dear Registrant,
Thank you for taking the time to register with City Square, Hamilton’s newest and most exciting condominium development, located in the Durand District of downtown Hamilton.
As an early on-line registrant, you will be invited to our VIP night to be held before we open to the public. All pre-registrants are also eligible to receive a substantial VIP bonus package, so make sure to take advantage of this amazing opportunity.
We will contact you with news and updates regarding this monumental project in the near future.

CITY SQUARE – A PROJECT WE CAN BE PROUD OF…

Old Posted Mar 1, 2011, 3:46 AM

Pricing from the low $200s for one bedroom units still sounds pretty expensive for Hamilton to me.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2011, 3:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCTed View Post
Pricing from the low $200s for one bedroom units still sounds pretty expensive for Hamilton to me.
That's how much a one-bedroom in Chateau Royale costs.

Heck, even in the Old Bell Canada Building 1BRs cost that much, and Thistle Square is in a better neighbourhood, I think.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2011, 3:20 PM

The cheapest one bedroom at 427 Aberdeen is $229,900 (but includes a parking space in their garage which are often about $20,000 to buy on their own). They had bachelor units for $179,900 which were more of a one-bedroom layout, just no door to the bedroom though, but those didn't come with a parking space. So low $200,000's for a one bedroom, if it has parking and if it is a half decent size is consistent. Whether they'll sell is another matter.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2011, 3:42 PM
It's Hammer Time

I believe the Robinson townhouses across the street started at $200,000 as well. That's only 3 or 4 years old.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2011, 8:24 PM
Urban Fanactic

Heres a pic from today by me. Sales centre is still under construction and looks like the land has been cleared.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2011, 10:06 PM
Bruatalism gets no respec

another lame name. Why not call it the Thistle Club Condos? Give it a theme.

Does anyone other than me think that logo has been photoshopped on that hoarding wall?

I;ve never trusted this project, it's been in the planning for half a decade and the fake photoshop confirms. I don't care if there is a sales center. Of course put up a sales center, if you get enough pre-sales contracts you build. If not you bail.

Last edited by realcity; Apr 4, 2011 at 3:20 AM.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2011, 5:12 PM

They changed the name because while the Thistle club has a lot of historical context here in Hamilton, it means nothing to anyone from out of town. Most of the potential buyers for this project are coming from Toronto / GTA.

The opening reception has been moved to April, whenever they get the sales office done I guess.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2011, 4:27 PM

sales center

They have all the windows in and started on the stucco this week, starting to look good

Last edited by little t; Apr 10, 2011 at 4:28 PM. Reason: mistake

Old Posted May 11, 2011, 1:16 PM

A friend of mine got this e-mail the other day about the upcoming grand opening on May 26th. Might be good to check out! Haven't checked out the website yet to see if there are more details on pricing and floor plans but I would assume those would be released after the opening on May 26th.

--------------------
Dear Valued Friend,

As an exclusive FRIENDS AND FAMILY MEMBER, you are cordially invited to our unadvertised “sneak peak” sales event for CITY SQUARE PARKSIDE CONDOMINIUM.

This spring, New Horizon Development Group will proudly unveil CITY SQUARE, an unprecedented and exciting new condo community located in the heart of the prestigious Durand District of Downtown Hamilton. Surrounded by heritage homes, pristine parks, abundant amenities and situated at the threshold of the hip and happening Hess Village, no other condo building can offer the convenient cosmopolitan life that awaits the City Square dweller.

City Square is a landmark community that is sure to help redefine urban living in Hamilton. The building’s timeless design and architecture, along with the smartly and stylishly planned condo suites, will make City Square a truly monumental project.

As a Friends and Family member, you are guaranteed the first opportunity to buy, providing you the best selection at the best prices. City Square will have a healthy variety of highly functional floorplans, including a limited collection of terraced, panoramic penthouse suites.

Take your place in history and join us to celebrate at our grand opening reception on Thursday, May 26th between 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. at 85 Robinson Street.

Please RSVP to sales@newhorizonhomes.ca prior to May 19th, 2011 to confirm your attendance.

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Jeff Paikin, President

New Horizon Development Group Inc.

Old Posted May 11, 2011, 1:57 PM

http://www.mycitysquare.ca/

Still a registration form.. lame.

Old Posted May 16, 2011, 8:47 PM
It's Hammer Time

Looks like something you'd see from Ottawa.

Old Posted May 16, 2011, 8:49 PM
It's Hammer Time

May 27 the Presentation Centre is open to those that registered. Open to public afterwards.

Old Posted May 17, 2011, 12:31 AM

I might go on the 27th to check out the floor plans/price range/timeline but it seems like it might be a little pricey, does anyone know what hours the presentation centre is open? i cant find it on the website or the invite

Old Posted May 17, 2011, 1:49 PM

Nice! I think it fits in to this neighbourhood well.
Here's hoping things move quickly on this!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton