HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jun 10, 2009, 4:41 AM
Ridin' into the sunset

Wow, Casa appears to have wrap-around balconies, and it still looks very nice, modern and clean. Not an easy feat.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Jun 21, 2009, 7:55 PM

Casa is a building that looks ten times better in real life than in the renderings, definitely a great project.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2009, 1:20 AM
Intergalactic Barfly

This news story caught my eye today, from CTV News:

http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/loc...TorontoNewHome

The workers death is tragic, my sympathies to his family. Obviously someone dying isn't an everyday occurance, but are elevator problems?

Old Posted Jun 26, 2009, 3:35 PM

I had glanced at the headline but didnt' know the guy died, just saw that a 'worker fell' the other day. Sounds pretty bad!

Old Posted Jun 28, 2009, 11:25 PM
Intergalactic Barfly

Coming in on the Gardiner/QEW from the West

Palace Pier

The tip of TD Canada Trust Tower

Hit pot hole just before snapping this one:

The brand-new B-A Tower

Eaton's Centre

At the centre of Downtown

Murano

Not sure what this one's called, in Yorkville

Four Seasons Hotel, almost at grade now

From University Avenue

The Ritz

What kind of car is this?

Toronto International Film Festival Tower

Higher and higher

Royal York, RBC

Maple Leaf Square

Waterclub Condos and Ice Tower billboard

CN Tower

Cityplace

Montage

West Harbour City

Luna Vista

The podium of Parade

Lakefront Condos

Skyline of Mississauga in the distance

All photos taken either by my Wife or Myself

Old Posted Jun 29, 2009, 12:26 AM
Ridin' into the sunset

That car is an Audi A8. Montage looks great, as do a lot of the other projects.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Jun 29, 2009, 1:29 AM

Great pics. I just spent the week in TO. Was my first time there since I was a teenager. What a great amazing city! And so much happening!

Old Posted Jun 29, 2009, 4:08 PM
Urban Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemonkee View Post
That car is an Audi A8. Montage looks great, as do a lot of the other projects.
R8, not A8
Cities are the most extraordinary human creation. They are this phenomenon which has unbelievable capacity to solve problems, to innovate, to invent, to create prosperity, to make change and continually reform. - Ken Greenburg

Old Posted Jul 15, 2009, 12:01 AM

nice shot of CASA, topping out now, by Mike in TO at urbantoronto.ca....also showing some downtown Toronto density...

Old Posted Aug 27, 2009, 7:10 PM
Intergalactic Barfly

Some of the recent pics of various highrise projects U/C in the city:

TIFF
Quote:
Originally Posted by caltrane74 View Post
from torontovibe at UT

X Condominium
Quote:
from dt toronto geek at UT

Uptown Residences and Crystal Blu
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammo View Post
one of toronto's 'inside the box' projects, uptown (and crystal blu on the left)
by sammo.
Casa
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammo View Post
from yonge & bloor sunday.
casa condo.
off this list soon.
Success Tower
Quote:

from drum118 at UT
Murano
Quote:
This is another shot from dt toronto geek at UT

Old Posted Sep 22, 2009, 8:22 PM

Nice pics!

Old Posted Sep 30, 2009, 11:42 PM

WOW!....I found a new thread!.... I never knew this one existed... I guess I don't explore skyscraperpage enough...

I might aswell post all my recent photos with this thread...

Okay..... Here's September 28ths photos of the TEN TALLEST U/C.... As you know, I got bad luck and it rained.... so almost all of the photos were taken from a wet, car windshield (which really sucked)... Some of the photos are really bad (they even show parts of the car) but they show the thing (I had to tell my mom where to go etc...)...

First off... "First" Canadian Place.... I am glad to see work being done so quickly... But look at those dis-coloured older tiles... YUCK!

Here is Trump Toronto... Srry for the Crap Image Quality but it shows Trump rising... It's definitely on the 12th /13th floor...

Here's Ritz, RBC, and CN Tower.... Ritz is clearly rising now and looking skinny... Cladding is moving up too!!!

Here's a shot of Ritz, RBC, CN Tower, Shangri-la, and a "super tall" lightpost ... it lines up with the CN Tower pretty well....

Here's a shot I took of the CBD (with BA)... I really like how it shows how much Shangri-la is gonna stick out from University Avenue.... Shangri-la is gonna be REALLY cool to watch go up and end up in the skyline..... Gotta love it!

Below all of the other ones...

Here's Casa Condo.... As you can see I captured the Crane removal...

Here's X Condo Rising up in the Downtown East skyline...

Here's Festival Tower/Bell lightbox rising up...

All photos by me: steveve

Enjoy

Old Posted Sep 30, 2009, 11:47 PM

I put together a little timeline of shots i've taken over the past couple of months...

X Condo TIMELINE!!!!!!!!

JULY 30, 2009:

SEPTEMBER 3, 2009:

SEPTEMBER 21, 2009:

September 28, 2009:

Now a Ritz Carlton Timeline...

I was bored (as usual) so I put together a Ritz timeline from the photos I took... I am starting to like putting together timelines... I do ones on Ritz and X condo...

July 30, 2009:

September 3, 2009:

September 28, 2009... This one I am not particularly proud of due to the rain and placement (i took it from the shelter of a car):

I'll do a better/updated shot of the last one another day (when IT STOPS RAINING ON ME!!!!!!!!!! )

All photos by me: steveve

Peace

Old Posted Oct 17, 2009, 10:33 PM

Nice work, thanks for the update!

Old Posted Dec 4, 2009, 3:26 AM

Wow thanks for the nice pics
Toronto is evolving so much so many tall building are being built.
I live in the downtown area and the new buildings look awesome.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2010, 5:25 AM

Someone needs to help update Mark's original post, there are so many things happening in Toronto despite the worldwide recession.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2010, 2:49 PM
Urban Advocate

/\ Well, that can be attributed to the majority of these buildings being sold/leased/committed to before the shit hit the fan in '08. But Toronto does have one of the most stable markets in North America, and has faired pretty well.
Cities are the most extraordinary human creation. They are this phenomenon which has unbelievable capacity to solve problems, to innovate, to invent, to create prosperity, to make change and continually reform. - Ken Greenburg

Old Posted Jan 19, 2010, 9:10 PM
gettin' rich!

Mr. Maldive is the reason behind the UT shutdown this week...

http://www.nationalpost.com/todays-p...tml?id=2457341

Skyline unlimited
Recession can't slow city's big-tower boom

Adam McDowell, National Post
Published: Tuesday, January 19, 2010