HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

One World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jun 17, 2012, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru Bert View Post
Looks Like Steel!
I'm assuming the steel being put up there is core steel for 105?

Old Posted Jun 18, 2012, 12:47 AM

Thanks for the support guys. Now back to ONE WORLD... Does this building have 105 floors or 104? I thought 105 was the roof but is it an actual floor? I'm confused. P.S. eseninobrandon, since you are obviously a troll, you must work for the Durst Organization

Old Posted Jun 18, 2012, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy24 View Post
Thanks for the support guys. Now back to ONE WORLD... Does this building have 105 floors or 104? I thought 105 was the roof but is it an actual floor? I'm confused. P.S. eseninobrandon, since you are obviously a troll, you must work for the Durst Organization
Welcome. This building has 105 floors.
We're on floor 104.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2012, 1:35 AM

Quote:
hell no! im not gonna let an ugly ass spire get on one of the most important buildings in the nation

Old Posted Jun 18, 2012, 2:26 AM
An Optimistic Realist

Quote:
I disagree. If the official height isn't 1776 feet then a lot of people will be confused and angered since "1776" and "tallest building in the Western Hemisphere" has been the tagline for this building for years.
If that was the case,Durst would have already met an angry mob on his doorstep.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2012, 3:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eseninobrandon View Post
hell no! im not gonna let an ugly ass spire get on one of the most important buildings in the nation
Glad to see you don't lol. Just chill out and don't try to cause trouble. But yes it was a big mistake to have given Durst any responsibility on this project. Hope the Port Authority and SOM can settle what he has tried to screw up.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2012, 3:29 AM

Quote:
Glad to see you don't lol. Just chill out and don't try to cause trouble. But yes it was a big mistake to have given Durst any responsibility on this project. Hope the Port Authority and SOM can settle what he has tried to screw up.
nope. too late. we cant have our spire because of safety reasons and 20 million dollar save

Old Posted Jun 18, 2012, 3:38 AM
Mr. Technology

Quote:
Originally Posted by eseninobrandon View Post
nope. too late. we cant have our spire because of safety reasons and 20 million dollar save
What if a SkyscraperPage member were to donate 20 million dollars?

Old Posted Jun 18, 2012, 3:44 AM

We don't need the old spire back. I can definitively see how it would be difficult to fix if one of the panels broke, but a redesign is necessary

Old Posted Jun 18, 2012, 4:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish View Post
What if a SkyscraperPage member were to donate 20 million dollars?
What if Donald Trump were to donate 20 million dollars?

Old Posted Jun 18, 2012, 4:28 AM
Mr. Technology

Exactly !!

Old Posted Jun 18, 2012, 5:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunser View Post
Still a bit to go (floor 105 and parapet)... by DubaiDunk (comparison, not the rendering):
As has been already pointed out, this comparison is incorrect. More specifically, it’s extremely misleading and makes a lot of errors re: perspective, height normalization, etc. The building tops are almost aligned, and the tower’s edges are almost traced correctly, but very small errors in those tracings lead to large differences in projected height, and the bottoms of the buildings are not aligned at all (because the actual perspective differs from the render) — overall it adds up to a significant deviation. Also, this projection was done a while ago. Anyone using applying it to project the height compared to our current tower is compounding the error further.

To demonstrate, here is the same image, re-edited. Hm, suddenly you wonder how the original showed such a higher roof.

I will post a more reliable comparison if I can find usable images. In the meantime I highly, highly recommend the diagram Otie has been maintaining as it is pixel-perfect and well-sourced. I will post the link once I find it. EDIT: here’s Otie’s diagram, this shows that the actual remaining height is much more modest than that old projection would have you think (note that I am not disparaging 1WTC’s height at all, in fact I think it is an impressive height!): http://www.flickr.com/photos/62018165@N04/7353421608/

I am embedding a copy I downloaded, Otie let me know please if this is frowned upon and I will remove it.

Last edited by Gabedamien; Jun 18, 2012 at 5:29 AM.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2012, 6:09 AM

^The rendering of the original shows 1WTC closer,thus appearing taller.

Good work you did there.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2012, 6:34 AM

The glass facade is now at the eightieth floor.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2012, 9:53 AM

Quote:
By the way guys, I'm proud to become a member of Skyscraperpage. I've been following the website for a while now and just decided to join. Thanks to everyone.
welcome

Old Posted Jun 18, 2012, 11:35 AM

Very nice Gabedamien.
I believe the trialngle will peak at the roof, and not the top of the parapet.
Otie is a class act in this asylum. I'm bettin he doesn't mind.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2012, 1:25 PM
An Optimistic Realist

Quote:
What if Donald Trump were to donate 20 million dollars?
Agreed. He always wanted to be involved in America's tallest building and even through he really doesn't like the new WTC, if this meant he could reverse the crap Durst caused, his dream would semi-come true.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2012, 1:36 PM
lite

^Fuck Trump, he's irrelevant to this city now, his father Fred is spitting up from his grave.

I can see the damn thing out my window, lit up like a French whore at night. I guess I don't really care how tall she is. I'm just happy she's here

Old Posted Jun 18, 2012, 1:40 PM

Guys I think that I've just accepted the whole spire situation. I mean it's not great, but it's better than nothing. The old one was better, but Durst is trying to save money so that he can generate more revenue for 1 WTC and put more money in his own pocket.

I still think it looks better than Willis Tower's antenna as well as John Hancock Building's. At least we're able to say that. And who knows, if they can come up with a cool lighting scheme for it, then I think more people will change their minds about it.

Just a few more weeks until it's topped out! Can't wait! I'm gonna be going there in November. Do you all think the glass will be finished by then?

Old Posted Jun 18, 2012, 1:55 PM

The cladding is at the 80th floor now? Awesome! I'm heading down to visit the 9/11 memorial before I fly out - pictures ahoy when I get home Took a bunch of pics of 1 WTC from as many places as I could - SI ferry/Staten Island itself, Brooklyn, Hoboken, intersection of Church and Lispenard, around lower Manhattan. Sad to be going home!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive