HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Apr 1, 2013, 4:42 PM

Brickell House Update 3/2013 | 524 ft./160m | 46 stories

all pics by QuantumX

Old Posted Apr 1, 2013, 7:54 PM

The 24-story Bellini Williams Island going up in Aventura:

Old Posted Apr 2, 2013, 1:12 AM

^ never heard of this project! Thanks for posting dave!

Old Posted Apr 2, 2013, 1:45 PM

Another project that gets little attention. The 43-story, 485 foot tall Regalia in Sunny Isles.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2013, 2:30 PM

There's also Skyview, a 27-story building going up in the Edgewater area on NE 22nd Street.

(curbedMiami photo)

Old Posted Apr 8, 2013, 2:30 AM

Isn't Skyview very close to Biscayne Bay?

Old Posted Apr 8, 2013, 3:42 PM

1100 Millicento, BCC, EnV Brickell, and a bunch of smaller west brickell towers going up:

Old Posted Apr 12, 2013, 12:44 PM

In the Miami Herald this morning:
Next door to the Four Seasons

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/04/1...-brickell.html

Quote:
CONDOMINIUMS
Super tall condo coming to Brickell

BY MARTHA BRANNIGAN
MBRANNIGAN@MIAMIHERALD.COM
A New York developer who made headlines in Manhattan with plans to erect a super skyscraper is now planning to launch a very tall condominium on Brickell Avenue.

Kevin Maloney, founder and CEO of Property Markets Group, said the developer will start taking reservations next week for Echo Brickell, a luxury condominium at 1451 Brickell that will rise about 750 feet — or 60 stories — and include up to 250 units.

Maloney and Ryan Shear, managing partner of PMG in South Florida, held a focus group Thursday at International Sales Group, which will market the pre-construction project. They gathered some of Miami’s top real-estate brokers to sound out what the market wants in what would become the tallest residential building in Miami to date.

“The caché of this building is certainly the height and the view,” said Maloney, who separately expects to break ground in July on Echo Aventura, a 190-unit bayfront condo that launched sales last fall.

Uruguayan architect Carlos Ott is handling the conceptual design of the Echo Brickell building, which will feature larger units than typically seen on Brickell. Penthouses will likely span more than 7,000 square feet.

With Miami’s latest condominium boom gaining steam, Maloney said competition was keen for the 1451 Brickell site, which sits on the east side of the avenue and currently houses the sales center for the Brickell House project. Newgard Development Group is building the 46-story Brickell House at 1330 Brickell Bay Drive a few blocks away.

PMG recently signed a contract to purchase the Echo Brickell land from an investor who holds it through a corporation, 1451 Brickell Inc.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2013, 1:56 PM

whoa

Old Posted Apr 12, 2013, 3:30 PM
Ascension

Hey now.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2013, 7:18 PM
testify

holy smoke

Old Posted Apr 12, 2013, 9:34 PM

That is a sharp looking render/building. Very nice!

Old Posted Apr 14, 2013, 10:17 PM
An Optimistic Realist

I'm glad to see all the condo towers going up around Downtown and other centers, but what about development in the other neighborhoods/towns like Little Havana, Hialeah, and Kendall? At least basic midrises to add more density to the core. It seems that Miami just gets tall and glamorous near the port and ocean then drops down dramatically in height and quality once you go west of I-95.With a growing population and a struggle to not expand sprawl into the Everglades any longer, is Dade County considering other methods increasing density throughout the whole city?

Old Posted Apr 15, 2013, 11:26 AM

The Dadeland area in Kendall, and Coral Gables both have a large number of mid-rises and hi-rises completed and in the planning stages....

Old Posted Apr 17, 2013, 3:26 AM
An Optimistic Realist

Overtown and Little Havana should be able to have developments as well. it would make those more crucial and attractive and would lessen the flight to the suburbs they have been getting. As Miami's population grows, and as the boundary between it and the Everglades is kept unmoved, it will have to densify and build up, not only in downtown, but all over. I really want to see South Beach-like density throughout the city,getting it into comparable standings with other major US cities.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2013, 5:43 PM

http://www.miamitodaynews.com/news/130418/story5.shtml

Quote:
Tallest Miami tower due in 2016

By Scott Blake
All plans are go to raise the bar for Miami's skyline, veteran Miami developer Tibor Hollo says about his Panorama Tower project on Brickell Avenue.
In the latter years of his long and storied career, Mr. Hollo is dreaming bigger than ever for Miami: Panorama at 1101 Brickell Ave. is planned to be 830 feet tall — which would make it the tallest building in Miami and in Florida.
The 85-floor structure will have 941 rental apartments, 300,000 square feet of office space and 100,000 square feet of ground-level retail, Mr. Hollo said Tuesday in an interview with Miami Today. Overall, he added, the project will encompass about 3 million square feet of floor space.
Mr. Hollo, Panorama's developer and owner, said his high-rise dream is well on its way to becoming a reality, as some preliminary construction has been completed to set the stage for vertical construction of the tower.
He said the project is scheduled for completion 33 months from now, which would put the opening in January 2016. He said he plans to start marketing the tower to tenants in about 15 months, or in summer 2014.
He said construction of a three-story utility building on the site is complete, and Florida Power & Light Co. is preparing to occupy the building. The building is to be used to provide power for the site. Utilities are being diverted to the site and a street crossing soon will be created, Mr. Hollo added.
Construction at the site, between Brickell Avenue and Brickell Bay Drive, started last year. Eventually, a parking garage there is to be demolished to make room for Panorama.
Mr. Hollo said this is a landmark project for him and the city.
"I'm about thrilled about it and what it does for the city," he said. "It's an iconic project. It's global landmark that will catapult the city to a different level."
That level will be about 41 feet above the Four Seasons Hotel & Tower, also on Brickell Avenue, which has Miami's and Florida's tallest building for the past 10 years.
But Mr. Hollo isn't stopping there. His other high-rise dream — One Bayfront Plaza, slated for 100 S Biscayne Blvd. in downtown Miami — is planned to be Miami's first "super-tall" skyscraper at 1,010 feet. That project has been on the drawing board for years, but Mr. Hollo sounded confident it also will become a reality sometime after Panorama is completed.
Regarding Panorama, Mr. Hollo declined to provide an estimate of the total development cost but said the project is fully funded.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2013, 2:53 PM

I know it's a conceptual design and I love the shape but I'm imagining the top half is going to be all glass instead. I wonder how the residents across the street in the Four Seasons are going to feel when this tower blocks their southern views.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2013, 3:32 PM

Brickell Midrises construction update

Brickell Aloft | 14 stories :

ENV Brickell | 35 stories | 379 feet :

My Brickell residences | 28 stories | 283 feet :

Vista Grande | Height unknown currently up to 10 stories :

West Brickell Tower | Height unknown currently over 10 stories :

Habitat Residences | No construction pic but exterior shell is complete :

all pics by UM dev

Old Posted Apr 22, 2013, 8:22 PM

Do you have any news pictures? I would like to see Miami Marlins stadium. I'm just curious. Can you guys take a pictures for me. Thanks!

Old Posted Apr 23, 2013, 1:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N830MH View Post
Do you have any news pictures? I would like to see Miami Marlins stadium. I'm just curious. Can you guys take a pictures for me. Thanks!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations