HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Mar 16, 2007, 7:40 AM

One Way/Two Way

Aren't at least some one way arterials pretty much a universal in large cities? (And a lot of small cities.) Seattle has them and Portland. San Fran, San Jose, LA and San Diego have them. Even Fresno has a couple!

If traffic is whizzing by at 55 when the speed limit is 35 then traffic calming is in order. Can't that be done without making the street two way though. I guess I don't understand why bicycling is safer on a two way street carrying the same number of vehicles as the one way carried before.

Anyone know places that converted one way arterials to two way streets recently and what were the results?

And Greentown, weren't they recently talking in Portland about converting Burnside, the main east-west arterial through Downtown from two-way to one-way to facilitate traffic movement? I'm guessing you're not for that.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area