HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Crescent Heights North in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • San Francisco Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
San Francisco Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Mar 27, 2012, 5:42 PM

Wow what a shot!

Old Posted Mar 27, 2012, 5:48 PM

Here is another shot from the concrete pour at the beginning of March. Source: Herrero Contractors

Old Posted Mar 27, 2012, 5:59 PM

How long until it rises out of the sidewalk?

The legs look like it's trying to pull itself up

Here is a rendering I have not yet seen from Handel Architects website http://handelarch.com/projects/locat...ces-type.html:

I did not know it was going to be taller than Fox Plaza. Anything to distract from that turd 💩is fine by me (no offense Jerry )

Last edited by mt_climber13; Mar 30, 2012 at 3:29 AM.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2012, 6:19 PM
Only Mostly Dead

War of the Worlds comes to SF!

I still can hardly believe this is actually under construction. And to top that off, the final design is so much better than anything proposed for this site before it. Definitely worth the wait.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Mar 27, 2012, 7:15 PM

There are some exceptionally ugly facades near this new building.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2012, 7:19 PM

Those concrete pump arm things are amazing looking, I've never seen that in action before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakamesalad View Post
How long until it rises out of the sidewalk?

The legs look like it's trying to pull itself up

Here is a rendering I have not yet seen from Handel Architects website http://handelarch.com/projects/locat...ces-type.html:

I did not know it was going to be taller than Fox Plaza. Anything to distract from that turd is fine by me (no offense Jerry )
And Fox Plaza is 354 feet tall, so it looks like the height listed in the thread title is wrong...this building is going to be more like 400 feet tall if it ends up looking like the renders.

And yes, that rendering has been posted before, but not for many pages I don't think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut gallery View Post
War of the Worlds comes to SF!

I still can hardly believe this is actually under construction. And to top that off, the final design is so much better than anything proposed for this site before it. Definitely worth the wait.
Couldn't agree more.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2012, 11:23 PM
Surrounded by Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech12 View Post
Fox Plaza is 354 feet tall, so it looks like the height listed in the thread title is wrong...this building is going to be more like 400 feet tall if it ends up looking like the renders.
The 1972 former AAA tower on Van Ness is 400 feet, so it would be interesting to see a rendering with everything in perspective. If this building is that tall, I would be quite happy with that.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2012, 12:17 AM
Only Mostly Dead

That's an interesting question, and I can't find a clear answer anywhere I've searched (including Planning's website). We know Fox is 354' and the BofA building next door is 300' according to Emporis (BTW, that building doesn't have a height in the SSP database). There's some serious perspective that needs to be accounted for in that rendering because Fox and BofA look like they could be about the same height in it.

Then again, everyone has said this will be the peak at this intersection. If AAA is included in that it would have to be at least 400' but it doesn't look like it could possibly be 100' taller than BofA. I think it's safe to say it will be somewhere around 375' and possibly taller. Or it could be that the BofA building is taller than 300' in which case Crescent Heights could be taller also.

It's weird. Planning must have approved a specific height, but I can't seem to find it.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Mar 28, 2012, 1:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut gallery View Post
It's weird. Planning must have approved a specific height, but I can't seem to find it.
I've been searching through SF planning's website too, and can't find anything about a new height. If you go to their address database and search for "1411 Market St" you can see all the permits that have been approved. The permit that increased the number of units from 719 to 754 was filed on 3/23/2009 and says:

Quote:
ALTERED SITE PERMIT. REVISION TO PA #2006-0720-7084S. INCLUDES REVISED FLOOR PLANS FOR LEVELS 21 THRU 36 TO ILLUSTRATE ADDITIONAL 35 UNITS THAT WERE CREATED BY SUBDIVIDING EXISTING 2 BEDROOM DESIGNS INTO 1 BEDROOMS PLUS ADJACENT STUDIO APARTMENTS. NO ADDITIONAL GROUND FLOOR AREA WAS ADDED.
So, maybe the height wasn't changed despite the re-design? The floor count hasn't changed between the two renderings, and the flourishes at the top of the tower appear similar in height, so I think the building is still 352 feet tall. I think it's just a bad/misleading rendering that makes it look taller than Fox Plaza.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2012, 3:24 AM

Oh this is coming along nicely! And it will hide that ugly facade of its neighbor. Now we just need another 50 of these.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2012, 8:11 AM
Triptastic Gen X Snoozer

We kind of mocked that rendering in the past--see how they made every floor in Fox Plaza equally tall, when in reality it has shorter residential floors above the taller office floors at the base of the tower? And that's nothing compared to the snow-capped mountain range that apparently migrated from Colorado to Marin. You've got to take the rendering with a grain of salt.

It's very likely this tower will still be around 350 ft. tall.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2012, 6:52 PM

And how it's permanently dusk when the building is finished. Are they trying to tell us something?

I walked by the site this weekend, the crane looked like it was about 3 feet from hitting Fox Plaza, from my perspective it looked like someone could have walked out of their balcony onto it.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2012, 9:09 PM

I grabbed a couple of BlurryCam pictures this morning on the bus. A lot of rebar is poking out of the site now.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2012, 9:42 PM

Awesome. Thanks for the update!

Old Posted Apr 6, 2012, 11:08 PM

Good news. Great addition to the Civic Center. Since Van Ness and Market has long been a proposed as a central point in the city it would be nice to see it become more people friendly.

Last edited by ozone; Apr 7, 2012 at 2:33 AM. Reason: I was wanted to erase my asshole remarks

Old Posted Apr 6, 2012, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozone View Post
BTW to reference Colorado's snow-capped mountains migrating is interesting. I am sure it doesn't mean many people in San Francisco really are so insular that they don't know about the Sierras. Though aside from the cute rural "boutique" places you'd think some San Franciscans imagine they live on some fantasy island. That's one of things I love about LA. They actually know, accept and respect their geographic place in the scheme of things Sorry to go off topic.
Haha...what? I know us San Franciscans, while "insular", are smart enough to realize the Sierras are east and not north of San Francisco. See the Golden Gate Bridge? Maybe you should respect and check your geographic place before spewing such nonsense.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2012, 11:44 PM

I think you missed my point altogether. But it doesn't matter. You're the best and everyone loves you.

Getting back to topic -kind of. I was wondering if all the buildings are going up at once or are they going to phase it out? Also re. Fox Plaza (I had the dubious distinction of living there once). Are they still going to replace the low-rise building with a newer flatiron structure that conforms to the street line?

Old Posted Apr 6, 2012, 11:55 PM
Surrounded by Nature

It's exciting to see the forest of cranes in the area when coming down Market Street from the Castro!

Old Posted Apr 7, 2012, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozone View Post
I think you missed my point altogether. But it doesn't matter. You're the best and everyone loves you.

Getting back to topic -kind of. I was wondering if all the buildings are going up at once or are they going to phase it out? Also re. Fox Plaza (I had the dubious distinction of living there once). Are they still going to replace the low-rise building with a newer flatiron structure that conforms to the street line?
Apparently, so.

It will NOT be built in phases. The project, as rendered, is being built all at once.

Regarding Fox...

There are plans to replace the low-rise with a flatiron building but I'm not sure where it stands.

More info:

http://www.hellermanus.com/Fox_Plaza.html

Old Posted Apr 7, 2012, 12:35 AM

Oh man, we don't need to cast aspersions in this thread, we can all respect one another.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive