HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Skyscraper & Urban Art

Old Posted Aug 14, 2011, 12:45 AM
▓▒░

oh yeah didn't dac150 have a similar idea a few years ago? told everyone he would be the greatest property developer in the world and would build massive dreamsicles on manhattan.

hey good luck though

Old Posted Aug 21, 2011, 4:39 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLS_rls View Post
oh yeah didn't dac150 have a similar idea a few years ago? told everyone he would be the greatest property developer in the world and would build massive dreamsicles on manhattan.

hey good luck though
Not sure why you and others took the post so seriously. I'm just a kid having some fun.

I want to be a property developer (in the 30-unit apartment complex/1 million dollar range) but I'll likely never be a skyscraper developer. Comprende?

Old Posted Aug 21, 2011, 3:57 PM
World Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLS_rls View Post

hey good luck though
You have a good memory considering that was five years ago…anyhow I became more intrigued on how to actually finance projects rather than develop them; hence why I am now in school for finance and management.

It’s ok to have some fun though with this stuff, 19 year olds can being doing worse things.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2011, 4:03 PM
World Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loqy Lion View Post
Not sure why you and others took the post so seriously. I'm just a kid having some fun.
Because some people like to capitalize on a situation where they can put someone down, and for some people, environments such as these are the only ones where they feel comfortable doing so. Others such as urbanlife, take the opportunity to educate and encourage. Have fun, no crime is being committed.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2011, 4:46 PM

Not all of us are. Some people with architecture, and civil engineering experiences along with urban planning, and construction engineering experiences take things like this seriously. When someone orders a building to be built it isn't something to joke about in architecture.

Old Posted Aug 25, 2011, 4:21 AM
King

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadcruiser1 View Post
Not all of us are. Some people with architecture, and civil engineering experiences along with urban planning, and construction engineering experiences take things like this seriously. When someone orders a building to be built it isn't something to joke about in architecture.
Agreed. As an architect in training, I don't like joking about outrageous designs or "joke threads". Also dac, not everybody is an internet bully some of us do take this seriously. Stop using the "some people just like to put others down to feel better" argument against everybody who strongly disagrees with somebody else.

Last edited by Mr. Lion; Aug 25, 2011 at 4:31 AM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Skyscraper & Urban Art