HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Aug 22, 2018, 10:52 PM
TL;DR

Nobody commenting on the shitty EIFS on Albion? I can't believe Oak Park let them use that material. They scrutinized every detail on District House, and that's a much smaller project.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2018, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
Nobody commenting on the shitty EIFS on Albion? I can't believe Oak Park let them use that material. They scrutinized every detail on District House, and that's a much smaller project.
What are/is EIFS?

Old Posted Aug 23, 2018, 3:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoboZill4 View Post
What are/is EIFS?
Exterior Insulation Finishing System. Possibly confusing South/Harlem (which I posted detailed shots of the glued on styrofoam(?)), and Albion which has no skin on yet.

If not where did you get the specs for the EIFS on Albion ?

Old Posted Aug 23, 2018, 3:26 AM
Show me the blueprints

I was going to complain but I just couldn't muster...

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Aug 23, 2018, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryc View Post
Exterior Insulation Finishing System. Possibly confusing South/Harlem (which I posted detailed shots of the glued on styrofoam(?)), and Albion which has no skin on yet.

Ahhh, well that would certainly describe what was going on at South/Harlem as indicated in your pictures. I guess we'll have to see how it turns out

Old Posted Aug 23, 2018, 1:18 PM
TL;DR

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryc View Post

Sorry, I thought South/Harlem was Albion. Now I see they are different, Albion is on the north side of Lake in front of Austin Gardens Park.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2018, 2:12 PM

Naperville TOD replacing surface lots

Naperville will join suburbs like Arlington Hts, Elmhurst, Morton Grove, Tinley Park, Des Plaines and others, that are remaking their Metra parking lots into mixed use Live/Work/ walkable TOD's.

Naperville is planning on a TOD project Fifth Avenue Development in the place of the commuter surface lots surrounding the downtown station. It looks like the commuter spaces will be provided within the new development as integrated parking structures with retail and commercial at ground level- street facing. While this is not revolutionary thinking. It follows the trend to walk-ability and increases the primary importance of easy access to Chicago.

Quote:
The first round of concepts include more than 100,000 square feet of Class A office space, 400 multifamily units, 30–50 for-sale condominiums, 15–30 brownstones, 30,000–50,000 square feet of retail, professional space and over 2,800 commuter and private parking spaces. Ryan will continue to study the inclusion of attainable/workforce housing, with the goal of dedicating up to 10 percent of the multifamily units to this product type.
Real Estate Jounal Quote

Last edited by jpIllInoIs; Aug 23, 2018 at 2:36 PM.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2018, 4:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpIllInoIs View Post
Naperville will join suburbs like Arlington Hts, Elmhurst, Morton Grove, Tinley Park, Des Plaines and others, that are remaking their Metra parking lots into mixed use Live/Work/ walkable TOD's.

Naperville is planning on a TOD project Fifth Avenue Development in the place of the commuter surface lots surrounding the downtown station. It looks like the commuter spaces will be provided within the new development as integrated parking structures with retail and commercial at ground level- street facing. While this is not revolutionary thinking. It follows the trend to walk-ability and increases the primary importance of easy access to Chicago.

Real Estate Jounal Quote
As a Naperville native I'm really excited for this project. Naperville is one of the few burbs where the rail lines don't go directly through the middle of downtown and the area around the station is ripe for development. $350M+ price tag will be a big pill to swallow. But these initial concepts released yesterday look good and are about as urban as you can ever hope a Naperville development to be. I know lots of residence will make the expected complaints about parking, density and height. But hopefully the final development looks something like the concept and comes to fruition.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2018, 4:26 PM

^^^That's interesting. Naperville is kind of unique among the Chicagoland burbs in that the downtown area isn't based around the Metra, that the station is surrounded mostly by single family housing. Downtown is down by the river.

So this will be a bit different than the typical infill around the stations, where often there already are 5-8 story buildings. So I'm not surprised they're sticking to low rises and townhomes. The NIMBYs will be all over this one I'd wager.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2018, 1:57 PM

Will County Courthouse

Screen shot taken from jobsite 9/5

Old Posted Sep 6, 2018, 2:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjoe45 View Post
As a Naperville native I'm really excited for this project. Naperville is one of the few burbs where the rail lines don't go directly through the middle of downtown and the area around the station is ripe for development. $350M+ price tag will be a big pill to swallow. But these initial concepts released yesterday look good and are about as urban as you can ever hope a Naperville development to be. I know lots of residence will make the expected complaints about parking, density and height. But hopefully the final development looks something like the concept and comes to fruition.
It seems like there are really only a handful of single family homes between the river centered downtown and train station. From Washington to Webster there are really only about a dozen, with the rest being multi-unit buildings, a school, or other public buildings. Then with North Central College kind of tucked in between DT and the train East of Washington, it seems like the DT and train could be married pretty well. I wonder who lives in those homes? Is is families or are they student rentals for the college?

Old Posted Sep 10, 2018, 1:51 AM

415 W Howard - Evanston

[ I never thought of this as Evenston ]

Aug 31

Old Posted Sep 17, 2018, 1:22 AM

Oak Park - Sount -n- Harlem

Aug 30

Sept 04

Sept 15

Old Posted Sep 17, 2018, 1:56 AM

Albion Oak Park

Aug 31

Sept 12

Old Posted Sep 17, 2018, 2:04 AM

District House - Oak Park

Sept 09

Old Posted Sep 17, 2018, 2:19 AM

I'm really looking forward to the Albion in Oak Park. Anyone know if Evanston's is still alive?

Thanks for the Oak Park post Harry

Old Posted Sep 17, 2018, 3:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoboZill4 View Post
I'm really looking forward to the Albion in Oak Park. Anyone know if Evanston's is still alive?
Not sure if that one's UC. They definitely started on demo/site prep.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2018, 3:44 AM

Good to know, Evanston needs to step its game up!

Old Posted Oct 1, 2018, 5:53 PM

Anyone in the Addison / Elmhurst area know what's being built at Lake Street and Rte 83? South of Lake, West of 83. Address is something like 17W407 W Lake St, Addison, IL 60101. It's the site of the abandoned motel fire last year.

There's a cinderblock elevator core that's already 3 stories high, it's big. All I can find being built in Addison right now is a senior living building, but the address doesn't match.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2018, 6:52 PM
Chicagoland Runaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron38 View Post
Anyone in the Addison / Elmhurst area know what's being built at Lake Street and Rte 83? South of Lake, West of 83. Address is something like 17W407 W Lake St, Addison, IL 60101. It's the site of the abandoned motel fire last year.

There's a cinderblock elevator core that's already 3 stories high, it's big. All I can find being built in Addison right now is a senior living building, but the address doesn't match.
Going to be a 4 story Woodspring Suites extended stay hotel with a retail/restaurant component next door. Collectively will be known as 991 E Lake St:

https://www.holladayconstructiongrou...pring-addison/

It's a two parcel development that incorporates the old motel site.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development