HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Middle East & Africa

Old Posted Nov 11, 2006, 2:31 PM
`

Quote:
Originally Posted by malec
First of all I don't think it'd be good to become an archive for construction photos because there is already a very good one, SSC, and also here but not for all projects.
ssp may not be a good archive after about 16 months. Threads here are deleted I posted a thread in "Forum issues" to confirm this.

When a future skyscraper fans finds this site 4 years from now, they won't find construction photos from the WTB (BD) to the smallest.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2006, 7:56 PM
Dubai

Well, i know a site that stores BD construction photos since the beginning

Old Posted Nov 11, 2006, 10:03 PM
`

^ Not all of them. Especially those from ssp. You have a grand total of 0 from here. I guess we don't quite meet up to your standards.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2006, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malec
Also since dubai projects are really confusing there'll have to be a good deal of organisation. Some might want to search by name, others by location, or by use (skyscraper project? villas? island?) so there should be this option. It'd be great to have a map where when you move the mouse over and area it'll be highlighted and you can zoom in. I could help with that. Also eventually the main skyscraper projects should also have a map where you can click on individual towers
Agreed. When you first learn of development in dubai the information can be overwhelming. I think the map idea could be really usefull as sort of an "orientation or introduction to dubai" type of thing.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2006, 3:09 AM
Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugbelch
^ Not all of them. Especially those from ssp. You have a grand total of 0 from here. I guess we don't quite meet up to your standards.
Yes, i know, havent asked for permission on those, i dont know the photographers, there is nothing wrong with the quality. But the point is, there is an archive, and it wont make a difference who took the photos, every month has enough photos to give an impression i believe.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2006, 3:41 AM
Guess Who's Back?

Slugbelch, I didn't know that!

I think it's a real shame that in years to come the forum will be devoid of the hard work that collectivly has hundreds of manhours of passion within it, with a very well documented timeline that should be a priceless historical account of the groundbreaking engineering going on in Dubai.

I hope the forumers will be given notice of these events before they happen, so that those who have a passion for this subject can archive the information themselves.

Although the site will have daily updates on the BDT, due to prior commitments Bikes's site will be the place to go for easy to access BDT full size photo's by Imre, including full size archived photo's.

Our site will be limited to no more than 4 midsized thumbnail pics to highlight construction events, for many reasons but mainly to keep the server happy!!!

I only hope that any archive of Imre's photo's doesn't hamper the imageshack bandwidth limit as it will effect forumers enjoyment of Friday updates.

We missed them this week Imre!

I hope the decision to copyright future postings doesn't hamper the speed of the posting of your great update pics.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2006, 10:09 PM
Dubai

Imre is offline for another 4 days probably. Btw, imageshack bandwidth limit could be a problem indeed!

Old Posted Nov 12, 2006, 10:14 PM
Guess Who's Back?

Doh!!!

Old Posted Nov 12, 2006, 11:30 PM
Dubai

lol, dont be afraid, he comes back and we get double dose, i know him

Old Posted Nov 13, 2006, 12:24 AM
`

If Imre will post the thumbnail links instead of the actual image links, he can post a huge amount. When he posts the actual image size is when the problems with imageshack begin.

In the SWFC and Trump Chicago threads, I was able to mix the two sizes for a long time without problems.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2006, 5:52 AM
Guess Who's Back?

Update:

Burj Dubai link 50% finished. Will be adding back to top of page links as there's gonna be a lot of scrolling going on with some pages!

Old Posted Nov 14, 2006, 6:53 PM
Regresando a SSP.

Dubai makes me surprised!!!

Thanks for the web site.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2006, 5:51 AM
Guess Who's Back?

Has anyone got any good pics/design/facts/links about Burj Dubai's 'old town' style village?

I'm lacking good content

Old Posted Nov 16, 2006, 9:43 AM
Rrrraaaahhhhh!!!!!

^^ Go to downtownliving.ae

Old Posted Nov 16, 2006, 10:41 PM
Guess Who's Back?

Thank you malec.

Website is now optomised on every page; just missed the last google indexing so will have to wait for the results for about another 10 days

Good news though, already we're getting about 200 hits per hour!

Oh, and a link the search engine won't find......http://www.dubaimegaprojects.com/error.html

Old Posted Nov 16, 2006, 10:58 PM
Dubai

Hm, dont get me wrong but are you really working with SEO? Where did you get this 10 days thing? Your page is crawled, and googlebot goes to your site every day multiple times. Also, noone measures traffic in hits/hour, rather than uniques/day and uniques/month. Hits means nothing at all. And that error page just got indexed by se's also.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2006, 12:12 AM
Guess Who's Back?

The error page was crawled because I entered it into the google xml.sitemap straight after my last post, but if you google (dubaimegaprojects error) no index will come up!

Crawled and indexed are two different things!

Certain pages I've set to be crawled every hour, some daily and others weekly.

For your information, Google only indexes a 'popular site' on average about 3 times a month at most, which is where I got my 10 day figure from.

The last google cache of the index page was on the 9th of November and shows the prelimenary page setup before optimization.

All of the other pages at this stage had the duplicate meta and alt tags of the original so all of the rest were dissmissed by Googlebot and not indexed.

All pages now have unique SEO, and should be indexed again around November 20th before the results will show on a targeted Google search.

Untill then, the site will remain with a page rank of 0.

When I say 'hits', I do mean unique URL's, not pageloads!

Thank you for your concern, as I'm sure you wish our site all the best in its endeavours......you can now relax because I assure you it's in safe hands!

I have over 1700 active websites on my books many of them information sites with a Google ranking over 7

I also provide a service to guarantee specific keyword search engine placement, for which I charge 'obscene' amounts of money for!

I just hope you won't be too pissed off when you do a 'burj dubai' google search one day soon, to find our site above your own!

Hm, don't get ME wrong but are YOU really working with SEO?

Last edited by Sky Tower; Nov 17, 2006 at 12:20 AM. Reason: ...because I can!!!

Old Posted Nov 17, 2006, 12:27 AM
Dubai

You have some serious ego problems, besides you are wrong in many things that you wrote.

- PR update comes every 3-4 month, noone knows the exact dates except for the insiders at Google
- Googlebot doesnt give a damn about meta tags, except for description

Ecetera.

Feel free to make a GOOD content site, if your only aim is to get on top of "my" site in google, that is pretty sad. You have interestingly changed your attitude, since we gave you permission for the photos.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2006, 1:20 AM
Guess Who's Back?

Confidence in ones abilities, when being challeged in them in order to troll a response, when an affilliate has a new vested interest not otherwise seen by nature of recent accelerated SSP postcounts is tantamount to being egotistical.

You have challenged me on what would be the opitome of what I do for a living, every day very successfully.

However, I am not at liberty to divulge my page programming methods on an open forum, which has taken me years of research, study, trial and error etc to get right.

As a programmer, all I can say is that meta tags can be encoded to be read by Googlebot once you learn how to manipulate it.....with a program that is designed to infiltrate the crawl itself by partitioning it with intelligent asp.robot tags, in which case I can tell any SE spider whatever I want it to.

I have no ulterior motives in providing an information site for the enjoyment of our fellow forumers.

To think that I would deliberatly optomise a specific page to rank higher than yours, I find in itself egotisticle.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2006, 1:40 AM
Dubai

Okay then, i apologize for my offtopic post, lets keep this thread for the project itself.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Middle East & Africa