HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup

Old Posted Nov 2, 2008, 5:29 AM

Oh muy bueno, much improved in the simple details.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2008, 8:23 AM
nuttin

I love your building shapes, they give sexy reflection

Old Posted Nov 6, 2008, 3:39 AM
Editor

I'm running outta things to say for this amazing city. Everythings just perfect, I'm liking the massing in that last picture, the building on the right with a spire and green square hole thing.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2008, 8:42 PM
cookies, skittles & milk

Yeah, I like it too and I'm in the process of making the floors. The hole isn't really green. The rendering just came out like that but now that I see it green I like it. Or yellow. I'll think about it.

Anyways, here's another tower. It's Torre Sociedad [Society Tower] and is home to the Society Developers [SD] which developed the entire block. The building is 360 feet tall with 28 floors [1 mechanical] and is one of the longest high-rise buildings in the city at 327 feet. It was completed in 1999 and inaugurated on December 1st that same year.

The building was designed by the local architectural firm MAS [Mota Architects and Salazar]. The building was inspired by a solar eclipse when two different elements of nature [sun and moon] come together to create something totally different. The North facade is the sun which is also the longest and tallest section of the building. The South facade is a glass covered arch which represents the moon. Land and Sea come together in the plaza with small "islands" with trees mixed with water features that make the building look like it's rising from the sea.

The building is located on 1st Ave, the center of shopping in the country. This avenue is surrounded by modern office towers with a few residential towers a block North, [1st Ave is the dark beige]. The tower consumes the entire block but manages to create office space by curving the two main facades.

Last edited by Aleks; Nov 11, 2008 at 3:18 AM.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2008, 2:57 AM
Editor

Tres Islas Marias never fails to amaze. So that baige box in the background, will it still be City Hall?

Old Posted Nov 10, 2008, 4:52 AM

Owwsw! Wawa el come estas? You speak Spanish right? Aye! Mud duele pie

Old Posted Nov 10, 2008, 5:31 AM
Editor

I wish I knew spanish, or tried to study. My spanish teacher is known for being a nortoriously bad teacher. I stopped learning after como se llama. Every passing test I have to write more and more on my hand, tommorow its the test on telling time, oh just how will I fit all that on my hand!

Old Posted Nov 10, 2008, 7:32 PM
Ex Houstonian

That building is absolutely awesome! Are you an architect or studying to be one because if not you should def persue a career in it.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2008, 8:58 PM

Oh I hate Spanish, I wanted to take german because I've always wnated to to to Frankfurt. My teacher is cool, I just suck at it.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2008, 2:11 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Tres Islas Marias never fails to amaze. So that baige box in the background, will it still be City Hall?
Actually no. That will be the State Capitol building. And it will be way shorter. That box thing is about 500 ft. tall and I wanna make it like 250. With a little L.A. City Hall feel to it. That whole area will be government buildings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin55 View Post
Owwsw! Wawa el come estas? You speak Spanish right? Aye! Mud duele pie
Si, entiendo Espanol. Lo hablo de boca nativa. Pero no soy muy bueno para las classes de Espanol. La lo tome tres veces y lo reprove las tres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
I wish I knew spanish, or tried to study. My spanish teacher is known for being a nortoriously bad teacher. I stopped learning after como se llama. Every passing test I have to write more and more on my hand, tommorow its the test on telling time, oh just how will I fit all that on my hand!
Yes, I understand Spanish. It's my native language. But I'm very bad at Spanish classes. I already took it thrice and failed all three times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by photolitherland View Post
That building is absolutely awesome! Are you an architect or studying to be one because if not you should def persue a career in it.
Haha, I wish! I swear I'm not gonna be an architect! I'm too stupid, and I've failed too many classes [I do have AP/Honors History and extra art/measuring/handon classes though]. Architects are smart, they pass all their math classes. Finish high-school with AP Math classes [at least here in Seattle], go to UW or WASU and marry their highschool sweetheart at age 21. I ain't got any of those things. I'm trying though. If I don't get into an architectural college after two years of leaving highschool I'll probably quit and move into photography or zoology.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2008, 3:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks0o01 View Post
Si, entiendo Espanol. Lo hablo de boca nativa.
Ah Que bueno! yo tambien! que bueno que hay alguien mas aqui que habla espanol Mexicano!

anyway, Torre Sociedad is NICEEEEE! i dont love the angle in the side thats shown in first shot but it is nice, but the angle in the second shot might make it one of the best buildings in the city for me!

Old Posted Nov 11, 2008, 11:32 PM
cookies, skittles & milk

Thanks! I really like this tower for some reason. Can anyone guess what building Torre Sociedad [Society Tower] is was based of? Or at least where it is? It's a little hard so I'll give you guys a hint: It's somewhere is Paris....

And a little thing I whipped up...

Yeah I know, the grass looks fake... I had a grass texture but for some stupid reason I deleted it. I'll dl it again to make grass renders.

Last edited by Aleks; Nov 12, 2008 at 12:20 AM.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2008, 1:32 AM

Looks like the new AXA had babies with Montparnasse.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2008, 6:15 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

PANO!!

Old Posted Nov 14, 2008, 12:38 PM

I can haZ Tropical water?

Old Posted Nov 15, 2008, 7:34 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

And another one...

Old Posted Nov 15, 2008, 6:03 PM

prty

Old Posted Nov 20, 2008, 5:15 PM
<:

i love detailed buildings! great work Aleks!

Old Posted Nov 20, 2008, 6:30 PM
Ex Houstonian

You should add a few older style loft buildings or something. Sprinkle em around to make the city seem more complete.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2009, 6:25 PM
cookies, skittles & milk

I will but most of the older styled buildings will be short. I will have a few International Styled buildings here and there but not too many. The very VERY old ones will be really short. I think the tallest pre-1950's building will be 250 feet tall and that would have to be City Hall, which isn't even done yet!

Last post on this page so I'll just post an update on the next page...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup