HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted May 31, 2012, 8:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisallard5454 View Post
That is one pet peeve I have with this city, is the lack of places to just go to catch a view.
Agreed. Number one of my list of potential improvements to The Forks is an update to the observation tower. Ideally, an extra three or four stories would be added, but at the very least the viewing platform should be made to wrap around the structure in order to take in all the views.

(For what it's worth, number two on my list is an injection of major, potentially iconic neon signs kind of like the ones at Pike's Place Market in Seattle. And number three is a makeover of the tunnel under the tracks...signage, lighting etc...right now it's a completely dreadful space.)

Old Posted May 31, 2012, 9:15 PM

Quote:
There is one thing I am concerned about with regards to this parcel. I am concerned that the majority of the citizens who didn't want the park there, were not against it because it was the wrong development, but because they don't want any development there. And I really hope it isn't the case, but I have a feeling anything outside of an outdoor park will face the same public scrutiny that the water park did.
I was having the same feeling.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2012, 1:25 AM
What could go wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanscott View Post
Agreed. Number one of my list of potential improvements to The Forks is an update to the observation tower. Ideally, an extra three or four stories would be added, but at the very least the viewing platform should be made to wrap around the structure in order to take in all the views.

(For what it's worth, number two on my list is an injection of major, potentially iconic neon signs kind of like the ones at Pike's Place Market in Seattle. And number three is a makeover of the tunnel under the tracks...signage, lighting etc...right now it's a completely dreadful space.)
I love large iconic neon signs too. It is too bad the city doesn't have any. I like the Pikes Place sign in Seattle and the Grain Belt Beer sign in Minneapolis.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Jun 1, 2012, 11:39 AM

Old Posted Jun 2, 2012, 1:39 AM

Quote:
I may have wrote the header, but the people on here provided the knowledge, ideas, and the foresight which is more than council can say that they did.

If you see Vandal, tell him I found him a new suit, without bullet holes in it. Is it true that him and Katz use the same barber?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan