HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Nov 1, 2018, 1:28 PM

Town of Riverview looking to expand.

It seems the town of Riverview is sending officials to a Technology Conference in Portugal next week where they will be trying to sell Canada, NB, and most of all Riverview as a great location for there newest expansion plans. Hope all goes well, and they do get some interested parties who aren't "just looking" types.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2018, 2:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
It seems the town of Riverview is sending officials to a Technology Conference in Portugal next week where they will be trying to sell Canada, NB, and most of all Riverview as a great location for there newest expansion plans. Hope all goes well, and they do get some interested parties who aren't "just looking" types.
Sounds like its also an opportunity to see whats out there available to the town in terms of Technology, particularly "green" technology". Looks like a great opportunity and I hope they make the best of it.

No other places in Atlantic Canada are being represented. Our new Economic Development officer was obviously a good hire.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2018, 2:49 PM
I Rise Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirette View Post
Sounds like its also an opportunity to see whats out there available to the town in terms of Technology, particularly "green" technology". Looks like a great opportunity and I hope they make the best of it.

No other places in Atlantic Canada are being represented. Our new Economic Development officer was obviously a good hire.
That is great news, hopefully it gives Riverview a bump in jobs, business and population growth. In particular, it would be great if Riverview could create it's own business park. Thinking grand here .

Old Posted Nov 1, 2018, 3:42 PM

Quote:
This may be slightly off topic, however, not really. A year or more ago, I read/heard somewhere that the town was looking to extend the towns physical boundaries. Has anything been decided on this? The general theme of the story that I saw was that in order for the town to meet its anticipated growth it should expand its borders.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2018, 4:16 PM
I Rise Again

Captain Obvious says, that would be sweet!! DO IT!!!!!!!!!! BRING IT ALL THE WAY DOWN TO HILLSBOROUGH!!! Seriously now, I wonder how far they would go? Perhaps to include Lower Coverdale?

Old Posted Nov 1, 2018, 9:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirette View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonianSentinel01 View Post
That is great news, hopefully it gives Riverview a bump in jobs, business and population growth. In particular, it would be great if Riverview could create it's own business park. Thinking grand here .
Quote:
Originally Posted by PEI highway guy View Post
This may be slightly off topic, however, not really. A year or more ago, I read/heard somewhere that the town was looking to extend the towns physical boundaries. Has anything been decided on this? The general theme of the story that I saw was that in order for the town to meet its anticipated growth it should expand its borders.
Quote:
Captain Obvious says, that would be sweet!! DO IT!!!!!!!!!! BRING IT ALL THE WAY DOWN TO HILLSBOROUGH!!! Seriously now, I wonder how far they would go? Perhaps to include Lower Coverdale?
From what I have understood this is a push connected to passed expansion plans that would expand Riverview's Population add a Business park, and a push that would turn areas like Riverview Mall back into a commercial mall instead of having it as majority Contact centres. The previous expansion from what I remember was west to Upper Coverdale, and south to Stoney Creek. But not sure if they would still plan for that size of expansion.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2018, 11:06 PM
I Rise Again

Quote:
From what I have understood this is a push connected to passed expansion plans that would expand Riverview's Population add a Business park, and a push that would turn areas like Riverview Mall back into a commercial mall instead of having it as majority Contact centres. The previous expansion from what I remember was west to Upper Coverdale, and south to Stoney Creek. But not sure if they would still plan for that size of expansion.
Hey that's sounds like a nice expansion, one that I would love to see happen. The Riverview Empire needs to expand it's borders at some point, once the Bridgedale area is filled in all they have is westward, rather than staying closer to the East near Dieppe and downtown Moncton.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2018, 1:10 AM

Quote:
Hey that's sounds like a nice expansion, one that I would love to see happen. The Riverview Empire needs to expand it's borders at some point, once the Bridgedale area is filled in all they have is westward, rather than staying closer to the East near Dieppe and downtown Moncton.
It would be a nice expansion if it's done right. with the previous plans it was before the housing expansion in Gunningsville/Point Park, and Bridgedale. There where plans at one point for the Riverview Ring road to Findlay Blvd curved to meet with Wheeler Blvd at Main/Champlain St. But I'm not sure if those where just plans created by randoms, or by actual engineers It looked like they wanted Riverview to expand to 150 km sq. so just a little larger then Moncton. There had been several plans over the years to expand Riverview. But nothing seems to have happen except talks. Hope this does not happen to be the same. The plans for Bridgedale Park (500 Acres) seems to look a little like a smaller version of Irishtown Nature Park (2200 acres).

Old Posted Nov 4, 2018, 9:30 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

New RCAF Memorial at Caseley Park in Riverview:

T&T photo

A propellor from an Argus RCAF maritime patrol aircraft. The propellor has a 17' diameter.

I remember these planes very well growing up in Charlottetown. Some of them were based in CFB Summerside, and they would regularly practice "touch & go" landings at the Charlottetown airport. They were incredibly noisy aircraft.

A relic of the Cold War. This aircraft, and the regular tests of the air raid warning siren are my sharpest memories of that time. People today probably can't imagine how eerie and mournful an air raid siren sounds.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2018, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
New RCAF Memorial at Caseley Park in Riverview:

T&T photo

A propellor from an Argus RCAF maritime patrol aircraft. The propellor has a 17' diameter.

I remember these planes very well growing up in Charlottetown. Some of them were based in CFB Summerside, and they would regularly practice "touch & go" landings at the Charlottetown airport. They were incredibly noisy aircraft.

A relic of the Cold War. This aircraft, and the regular tests of the air raid warning siren are my sharpest memories of that time. People today probably can't imagine how eerie and mournful an air raid siren sounds.

There is still an Argus on display in Summerside on the road to the old base!

Old Posted Nov 5, 2018, 6:20 PM

Quote:
Unless they've heard the tornado sirens in Chicago, anyway, which sound like something out of a horror movie:

Video Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
There is still an Argus on display in Summerside on the road to the old base!
There was also one on display in CFB Greenwood until 2002 or so!

Old Posted Nov 6, 2018, 12:48 PM

Quote:
People today probably can't imagine how eerie and mournful an air raid siren sounds.
Growing up in Hampton in the '80s, I know this sound all too well. The volunteer fire department used an air raid siren to signal that there was a fire somewhere. I guess they didn't have reliable radios or something. They did end up getting pagers and radios at some point during the early '90s however.

That siren was still quite loud 2 km away at my house.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2018, 8:53 PM

They started putting the long support beams in on the new causeway bridge! Don’t have any picture but I noticed when I drove by.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2018, 3:41 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Another (2) apartment buildings planned for Quinn Court, off of Gunningsville Blvd. (close to where the sliding hill is).

These buildings will be relatively nice for the standard four storey apartment buildings typical for greater Moncton. As a bonus, both buildings will have enclosed underground parking garages. This is becoming more typical in Moncton (and especially Riverview) than it used to be........

Old Posted Dec 15, 2018, 2:26 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Riverview is planning their first roundabout at the corner of Pinewood and Pine Glen Roads.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2018, 12:00 PM
Random Contributor

Quote:
Riverview is planning their first roundabout at the corner of Pinewood and Pine Glen Roads.

Pinewood is used as a shortcut to Gunningsville, this will besafer than scooting over pine glen at the stop sign.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2018, 8:33 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverviewer View Post
Pinewood is used as a shortcut to Gunningsville, this will besafer than scooting over pine glen at the stop sign.
I know. I use that intersection occasionally and know how it can sometimes be difficult crossing over Pine Glen.

I think the roundabout is a good idea for this location. I only included the emoji because there are a lot of people who don't like roundabouts. I was teasing them a bit.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2018, 8:35 PM

Quote:
I know. I use that intersection occasionally and know how it can sometimes be difficult crossing over Pine Glen.

I think the roundabout is a good idea for this location. I only included the emoji because there are a lot of people who don't like roundabouts. I was teasing them a bit.
Taking the Bus today I overheard to women from Riverview complaining about roundabouts, and buses. I'm guessing they take 81 that goes up Pine Glen, and turns right onto Pinewood. From what I heard from staff of Codiac the roundabout will be big enough that they can continue the run as marked. But like The Killam roundabout they will have to detour during construction. Going to guess they will turn right on Whitepine, and make 2 temporary bus stops during construction.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2018, 5:28 PM

Quote:

Looks like a great place for it actually...not sure why people are so scared of these. When I was in the Bahamas, just about every intersection was a roundabout...and you were driving on the other side of the road.

Curious...looking at google maps...what is that huge building between Pinewood and Mill Creek Reservoir (Robertson St), I've never noticed it before?

Old Posted Dec 18, 2018, 7:25 PM

I'm guessing you're seeing the new town of riverview operations centre

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces