HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Jan 9, 2013, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ue View Post
Super wicked. Montana has some interesting urban hidden gems. Helena is quite the depressing little city, but has an awesome downtown. I didn't realize Butte had such a small population though, having been there briefly, it seemed much larger (as it does in the photos as well). Amazing architectural preservation for such a small and young city. If just factoring pre-war architecture, Butte seems like a more urban place than Phoenix, Austin, Salt Lake City, Calgary, Edmonton, and Las Vegas, when in fact it is the same age or younger and much less urban.

It's Montana, so probably not much. But you have less economic prospects and less amenities (nearest large cities are Calgary, Denver, and Salt Lake City; nearest small cities are Spokane, Boise, and Rapid City).
Billings, Helena, Great Falls, and Missoula would apply as small cities are concerned, when it comes to the necessary amenities, you may be referring to.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2013, 3:12 PM

The one time I went through Butte was to spend a night in a motel while in the middle of a driving marathon. I always wanted to go back & check this place out - and this thread reinforces that desire. Fine pics!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos