HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Aug 9, 2017, 7:31 PM

A building permit was filed for "The Charles" in Buckhead, at 3107 Peachtree. 18 story condo building. $236,000 in fees paid, so this one should be a go.

Old Posted Aug 9, 2017, 7:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
P2 Thank You!!! Of course the folks attacking me aren't to busy to hate. As matter of fact I pulled Shivtim, Street Advocate and Jwbab's calendars and let's just let the facts speak for themselves...

That post took commitment (assuming you made that calendar). Props.

Old Posted Aug 9, 2017, 7:36 PM

[QUOTE=shivtim;7888677]A building permit was filed for "The Charles" in Buckhead, at 3107 Peachtree. 18 story condo building. $236,000 in fees paid, so this one should be a go.

I hear angels singing.

Old Posted Aug 9, 2017, 7:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivtim View Post
^Hmm, I was under the impression that it's just one project. Maybe this portion just doesn't front North Ave? The proposal from 2015 was for:
Building A: 87,800sqft. 6 stories. 80' tall. 172 studio apts.
Building B: 116,200sqft. 7 stories. 90' tall. 228 studio apts.
Building C: 236,000sqft. 14 stories. 149' tall. 320 1br apts, 100 2br apts.
I was going to say, 225 student apartments sounds small for this area. Maybe they are only moving forward with building a or b? Definitely a prime spot for more housing in general.

Old Posted Aug 9, 2017, 7:41 PM

3000 and I get beers every other Thursday to discuss which topics we'll disagree on the next couple weeks, actually.

Old Posted Aug 9, 2017, 7:41 PM

it's not a bad building - especially not in its original state. atlanta doesn't have a lot of history left to begin with... why tear it down when there's a GD surface lot adjacent to build on. there were probably calls to pull down the medical arts building, but now we're going to get something out of it.

it's cool to have differences of opinion... we don't have to make it personal.

Old Posted Aug 9, 2017, 7:44 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhunkyPho View Post
That post took commitment (assuming you made that calendar). Props.
P2 I don't have time to hate, but I do make time to uncover EVIL.

Old Posted Aug 9, 2017, 7:48 PM

Also Atlanta Dairies (Memorial Drive) just filed for building permits for the new buildings that are part of the project.

Old Posted Aug 9, 2017, 9:56 PM

Quote:
P2 I don't have time to hate, but I do make time to uncover EVIL.
EVIL??? what are you on about man. lol.

my husband and i are under contract as of today for a townhome in morningside. i'm beyond stoked. gotta wait a year for it to be finished though.

Old Posted Aug 9, 2017, 10:22 PM

Quote:
A building permit was filed for "The Charles" in Buckhead, at 3107 Peachtree. 18 story condo building. $236,000 in fees paid, so this one should be a go.
This is going to be an excellent addition to Buckhead and the city as a whole. Glad to see it moving forward.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2017, 1:43 AM

Apparently the city is planning some big changes for Peachtree Street downtown, including a road diet, dedicated right-of-way for the existing streetcar lane, and potentially even a shared space portion.

Last edited by shivtim; Aug 10, 2017 at 12:57 PM.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2017, 1:52 AM

Quote:
dedicated right-of-way for the existing streetcar lane
Thank god. Now please do this on Andrew Young, and wherever else the streetcar gets stuck in traffic.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2017, 4:22 AM

Quote:
Honest to god, can't you folks on here recognize humor/sarcasm?

You are correct jwbab - the parking deck was "tacked on" and nobody stopped it. Therefore it is now ONE structure - not TWO. If some developer was dropped from the heavens to do an adaptive reuse on this building, what do you believe is the likelihood they would tear down the parking garage and build a new one - because commercial buildings in the COA require parking?

Net, net - no developer will ever touch this building. The land value and taxes are to high for this to make economic sense. Not mention nobody is in the market for condos or loft style offices with 8 foot ceilings and small windows nestled in a sea of parking lots.

So what everyone on here is arguing for is lack of progress because if you are successful (0% chance) then the COA will be left with an 85 year old building that will continue to decay for many decades to come.

And I am the troll?
Naw, you're not a troll - you're just a big Douche Bag (caps intentional).

How fast you seem to forget the D.C. trend of 'facadectomies,' which could be totally applied here. We don't even know Emory's plans, but you're already hellbent on tear 'er down!

You act like the out of control fratboy that never quite fully matured when anyone dares to disagree with you. You just love publicly embarrassing, mocking & scorning anyone that does so. I realize you're from D.C. and were probably weaned on this type of behavior, but it doesn't fly here. All you are doing is causing people to dig their heels in, and rightfully so.

Perhaps you should stick to what you know, and post about Buckhead development. Quit imposing your slash and burn mindset on the urban core.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2017, 5:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantaguy View Post

How fast you seem to forget the D.C. trend of 'facadectomies,' which could be totally applied here. We don't even know Emory's plans, but you're already hellbent on tear 'er down!

You act like the out of control fratboy that never quite fully matured when anyone dares to disagree with you. You just love publicly embarrassing, mocking & scorning anyone that does so. I realize you're from D.C. and were probably weaned on this type of behavior, but it doesn't fly here. All you are doing is causing people to dig their heels in, and rightfully so.

Perhaps you should stick to what you know, and post about Buckhead development. Quit imposing your slash and burn mindset on the urban core.
A bit harsh...Imo, The Abe Lincoln quote fits you. "The urban core"...this is Atlanta. You know how ridiculous you sound once you step into a city that has a true urban core? Smh

Atlanta3000 can speak his mind on Buckhead, Midtown, etc. I'm actually somewhat surprised you made such statements.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2017, 12:22 PM

Quote:
How fast you seem to forget the D.C. trend of 'facadectomies,' which could be totally applied here.
I prefer the term "facadomy..."

Old Posted Aug 10, 2017, 1:16 PM

Quote:

I don't post here too much (been reading for years) but, this statement is pretty extreme.

I actually find him to be very logical in his posts and actually has an understanding of how the business world works. The economics just don't seem to be there to preserve this building. It's old but, we're definitely not talking about the Fox or Terminal Station here.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2017, 1:28 PM

Planning permits filed for two new apartment buildings. 750 Kalb St SE (just west of Fuqua's parking lot Kroger) and 542 Boulevard NE (Bedford Pine redevelopment?).

Old Posted Aug 10, 2017, 1:33 PM
BANNED

Quote:

Atlgramps - Slow day at the senior center, did they over cook your Salisbury steak again? It's really rich for you to roll in here (again) and do the very same thing you accuse me of.

I will digress and wallow with the pigs and engage you in this discussion. I work with Emory Healthcare on several of their Big Data initiatives. Although I am not aware of their plans for this site, I can assure you 100% Emory is not in the business to piss away money. Either they have a development plan for this site or they have determined the building at present is a hazard. For those of you to demonize them as some scorched earth developer looking to make a quick buck shows your lack of history for this city and the value having such a prestigious institution benefits us all.

Unlike you I approach things from the school of thought and not the school of opinion. If you rationalize doing an adaptive reuse on this building from an economic perspective the math doesn't work. Cost of land/building/renovations/taxes are to high and would scare even the most risk/reward developers away. Second market demand, exactly who the target for an 85 year building with 8 foot ceilings, small windows, proximity to the street, with arguably limited architectural appeal and is located in area that is probably a decade plus away from seeing any discernible growth? Or is your field of vision so limited that you would rather see a 85 year old building sit there and decay for decades more than allow something new in its place?

Where we differ is: I would be over the moon if a developer walked up to Emory and offered them a fair market value price for the property and were to bring the building back to its former glory. However, you are a my way or the highway and would rather the building continue to sit there than see any progress.

So while you are sitting at the center swingin' to the oldies romanticizing about days past, I am living in the year 2017 concerned our City continue on a path of progress.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2017, 1:40 PM

Does anyone know what's the latest on Opus? Presales info or status on their permits?

Old Posted Aug 10, 2017, 2:06 PM

Also a bunch of building permits filed for new townhomes in Lindbergh just south of Morosgo Dr, called "Broadview Place."

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations