HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa

Old Posted Jul 31, 2023, 11:42 PM
Cigritbutt enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoNerd View Post
I applaud them for thinking outside the box and not using charcoal brick, but this has to be one of the UGLIEST new buildings in Ottawa. Completely botched the use of materials and colours. The lines are all off, the glazing is brutal, the scales are out of whack. Just horrific design here. It’s like the designer had no comprehension whatsoever and was way over their head. But again, kudos for trying something different.
A bit bizarre I agree. At the risk of looking like the patchwork of materials seen around town I almost want to say this project would have looked better if the balconies at the very least had a contrasting color. Like.. oh.. I dunno.. something that matches the glass? like a.. ch.. a ..chaa.. charrrccoal? lol.

You get the idea.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2023, 2:33 PM

Quote:
I applaud them for thinking outside the box and not using charcoal brick, but this has to be one of the UGLIEST new buildings in Ottawa. Completely botched the use of materials and colours. The lines are all off, the glazing is brutal, the scales are out of whack. Just horrific design here. It’s like the designer had no comprehension whatsoever and was way over their head. But again, kudos for trying something different.
Overall, I like it, just not sure if it goes with the church. I think more glass and red brick might have been better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyboycurtis View Post
A bit bizarre I agree. At the risk of looking like the patchwork of materials seen around town I almost want to say this project would have looked better if the balconies at the very least had a contrasting color. Like.. oh.. I dunno.. something that matches the glass? like a.. ch.. a ..chaa.. charrrccoal? lol.

You get the idea.
No. Not charcoal. Never charcoal.

Glass though!

Old Posted Aug 1, 2023, 4:54 PM

Quote:
I disagree. This looks really nice imo. have not seen it in person tho.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2023, 5:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har13 View Post
I disagree. This looks really nice imo. have not seen it in person tho.
Absolutely looks worse in person. Especially the contrast with the church. I still prefer it over cookie cutter designs but it's definitely not a design success either.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2023, 5:26 PM

Reminds me of a college building. Especially with the small windows.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa