HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted Jan 25, 2017, 9:59 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredinno View Post
And the reason for hyperinflation is null, becuase that wasn't my point. Same with 1929. My point is the effects of private vs public collapse, and public collapse is much more dangerous.

But we really need to stop, this is the wrong place to do this.
We will cease this exchange but keep in mind the weakness of your analysis (re: that the Great Depression/private sector didn't cause a war) because it did and was actually the cause of World War II as Hitler used GOVERNMENT (military) spending to jump start a moribund German economy that (by the 1930's) had long reversed the hyperinflationary experiences of the early 1920's (given the DEPRESSIONARY realities of the 1930's when many Germans were unemployed). See following link for the stagflationary impact of Wall Street banking and business/trade policies-e.g. via the Smoot-Hawley Act etc.-on Germany: http://alphahistory.com/weimarrepubl...at-depression/

End of lecture!

Last edited by Caliplanner1; Jan 25, 2017 at 10:25 PM.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2017, 1:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliplanner1 View Post
We will cease this exchange but keep in mind the weakness of your analysis (re: that the Great Depression/private sector didn't cause a war) because it did and was actually the cause of World War II as Hitler used GOVERNMENT (military) spending to jump start a moribund German economy that (by the 1930's) had long reversed the hyperinflationary experiences of the early 1920's (given the DEPRESSIONARY realities of the 1930's when many Germans were unemployed). See following link for the stagflationary impact of Wall Street banking and business/trade policies-e.g. via the Smoot-Hawley Act etc.-on Germany: http://alphahistory.com/weimarrepubl...at-depression/

End of lecture!
If you wanted to continue, you could have just PMed me. I just didn't want it on here, because It has nothing to do with Ferries.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2017, 1:36 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredinno View Post
If you wanted to continue, you could have just PMed me. I just didn't want it on here, because It has nothing to do with Ferries.
On the topic of ferries....the private sector is less able to guarantee critical levels of transportation service to less populated areas which becomes a social and economic development EQUITY issue for government (transportation) agencies as opposed to the profit (first) manta of private sector transportation firms.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2017, 1:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by officedweller View Post
Isn't the whole reason for the Sunshine Coast bridge / connector project to free up space at the Horseshoe Bay terminal (for Nanaimo service) by cancelling the Langdale ferry?
If it's built, it's going to probably be partially be financed by eager Real Estate Investors. Also, it "frees up" relatively flat land from the the remaining ALR in the Fraser Valley, or being taken from the ALR (as will inevitably happen one day in the future, as has been slowly happening for years now.)

The Langdale ferry freed up is just the icing on the cake in my opinion. There's probably enough benefits from just the real estate side to go forward with it.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure