HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Apr 12, 2018, 3:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Yeah... let’s just say I haven’t been paying attention, I’ve been in Cuba for the past week, did not realize the series was this far in... I now see why you said it’s the last at the coliseum.. hahah

Old Posted Apr 12, 2018, 11:58 AM
The Sheriff

Taeolas buddy, I got my ticktets for the wildcats game in Fredericton Friday night ? You still gonna buy me that beer

Last edited by Blue Blazer; Apr 12, 2018 at 12:11 PM.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 12:27 PM

Ticketmaster, SMG ink events centre deal

Quote:
Ticketmaster will be the sole provider of ticketing services for Moncton's downtown events centre.

A five-year deal between the the global event ticketing firm and SMG Canada, the company that manages the facility, was announced on Monday.

Tickets will be sold through Ticketmaster's network: on the event centre website, mobile application, and at the box office. It will also provide telephone service and call centre services it boasts as "the most efficient in the industry."

Nick DeLuco, the events centre's general manager, said Tickemaster has "unquestionably established themselves as the pre-eminent brand for ticketing in the sports and entertainment industry."

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 2:57 PM

Thats really disappointing.. for any big events get ready to pay big $$$$ for your tickets on stubhub. Because ticketmaster is so big every scalper out there has a way to beat their system.

Monctons little ticket system was not prone to this as they were too small for the scalpers to bother with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs33 View Post

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 3:44 PM

They were scalpers when Ozzy and Elton came to town. If a band is worth it, scalpers will get on it, no matter the size of the ticket system.

At least StubHub is safe to deal with, unlike Kijiji or the guys that screams "TICKETS, TICKETS" at the entrance.

What will we see is STH getting tickets for events they will not attend then selling them, or regular people getting in TM, getting more tickets than they need, in order to sell the rest.

With Ticketmaster, they now have a system that will be able to get more bandwidth of people without crashing. Something the Coliseum was having trouble even with mid size concerts.

Anyway, there's no perfect system. The Bell Centre system works with a "Random numbers system", where getting in first doesnt mean you get first dib. And even there scalpers are getting tickets.

Im sure that not all events will attract 10k, 80% of the time, there will be tickets available, plus a venue this size means that pretty much everyone will get a good view of the show.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 6:42 PM

They should just go back to selling them at the box office.. true fans get the tickets fairly.

Another company to manage ticket sales is just another hand in the pot.. meaning fees' and higher ticket prices.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 7:41 PM

Concert Announcement by the Mayor on 96.4 New Country this Friday. Could this be the opening act for the Event Centre?

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 7:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammn_guy View Post
They should just go back to selling them at the box office.. true fans get the tickets fairly.

Another company to manage ticket sales is just another hand in the pot.. meaning fees' and higher ticket prices.
It wouldn't be very fair for out of towner....or people that have to work when tickets goes on sale.

Plus local scalpers usually get their tickets from waiting in line (since a lot less people are doing it now).

As for fees...it wont be that much compared to what it is right now. Ticketmaster fees are usually around 12$, while the Coliseum charges 8$ extra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanSoloCup View Post
Concert Announcement by the Mayor on 96.4 New Country this Friday. Could this be the opening act for the Event Centre?
If it's the mayor announcing it...there a LOT of chances that it's about the Event Centre. Country always been a sure shot in Atlantic Canada, so it wouldn't be a surprise if they open with that genre.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 7:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammn_guy View Post

Sounds archaic. Someone isn't a true fan because they cant take a day off work to be at the box office at 10am? Convenience when buying tickets is more important than ever in todays world. There is far more families with both parents working than ever before.

Moncton is notorious for being a city that does not do well selling tickets in advance. If Moncton has a scalper issue I say bring it on, that means the events centre will be a massive success. If the demand isn't there that means the scalpers won't make any money anyways and the problem will go away. We can't build a $110 million dollar arena and tell people you have to go in person or phone in to buy your tickets.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2018, 12:06 PM

I am just not a fan of Ticketmaster. I have tried to buy tickets for several popular concerts and they are always instantly sold out, with the tickets showing up on stub hub seconds later. Bands hate ticketmaster. some will not play venues if ticketmaster sells the tickets(Pearl Jam)

Yes Moncton had fees but they went to Moncton industry, Moncton Employees, Moncton taxs, not some giant corp. and for the most part the system worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirette View Post
Sounds archaic. Someone isn't a true fan because they cant take a day off work to be at the box office at 10am? Convenience when buying tickets is more important than ever in todays world. There is far more families with both parents working than ever before.

Moncton is notorious for being a city that does not do well selling tickets in advance. If Moncton has a scalper issue I say bring it on, that means the events centre will be a massive success. If the demand isn't there that means the scalpers won't make any money anyways and the problem will go away. We can't build a $110 million dollar arena and tell people you have to go in person or phone in to buy your tickets.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2018, 2:14 AM

Definitely not thrilled to hear that Ticketmaster is getting to be the exclusive ticketer. Their fees are higher than most ticketing services.
Also they really don't care about scalpers as much as they claim they do.

Just look up Julien Lavallee with his major company on "The Super Scalpers" online at the Fifth Estate TV program from Nov 2017. It deals a lot with Stubhub and how he's in with them but he's also buying up "your" tickets on Ticketmaster in seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ln-OaJc7Ww

Old Posted Apr 19, 2018, 7:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanSoloCup View Post
Sorry, did you mean 96.4 or New Country 96.9 in Moncton? Curious.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2018, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyer99 View Post
Sorry, did you mean 96.4 or New Country 96.9 in Moncton? Curious.
New Country 96.9, sorry.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2018, 1:05 PM

Keith Urban
September 12th

Old Posted Apr 20, 2018, 1:34 PM

You can see on cam this morning they are testing the scoreboard.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2018, 3:15 PM

Would have been nice to see the display that is above the suites go all the way around the arena somehow.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2018, 3:18 PM

Also is there no "extra" circular display above the scoreboard as it appeared in the visual mockups when they announced the scoreboard originally?

Old Posted Apr 25, 2018, 5:48 PM

The new downloadable map has specific seating & section numbers now.

http://qmjhl.uploads.s3.amazonaws.co...NEW-LAYOUT.pdf

The wildcats have begun the seat selection process. I received my email today for my timeslot to pick my seats. They also emailed club seat info out..you need to commit to a minimum of 3 years but can pick as high as a 7 year term. The higher term to select the smaller the price increase each year.

Regular seat holders have the option to commit for 3 years to lock in their pricing as well but it is not a requirement

Old Posted Apr 26, 2018, 2:55 AM

I really would've liked them to go with a two-tiered bowl with an open, 360 degree concourse like Harbour Station has. Was that option ever explored? It seems a lot more modern than the single tier of seats and enclosed concourse.

It's nice to be able to see the arena floor from all spaces on the concourse while walking around the arena or waiting in line for concessions.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2018, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnEh View Post
I really would've liked them to go with a two-tiered bowl with an open, 360 degree concourse like Harbour Station has. Was that option ever explored? It seems a lot more modern than the single tier of seats and enclosed concourse.

It's nice to be able to see the arena floor from all spaces on the concourse while walking around the arena or waiting in line for concessions.
I think that would have created a much larger building footprint. The seating in the new building seem steeper, affording better views and making the building more "vertical".

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces