HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #5541  
Old Posted Jan 11, 2019, 3:54 PM
Novacek Novacek is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by We vs us View Post

Unrelated: according to some of the promotional signs on the wall, the food court is going to get Flyrite Chicken, Hat Creek Burgers, and an East Side Pies. No joke, Barbara Jordan may be the best collection of awesome local cuisine in the city, bar none.
And perhaps more importantly, a Tacodeli that stays open past 3 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5542  
Old Posted Jan 11, 2019, 4:09 PM
khowaga's Avatar
khowaga khowaga is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novacek View Post
And perhaps more importantly, a Tacodeli that stays open past 3 PM.
I actually laughed out loud at this.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5543  
Old Posted Jan 14, 2019, 10:04 PM
masonh2479's Avatar
masonh2479 masonh2479 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Austin, Texas | Green Bay, Wisconsin
Posts: 747
Here's a pretty short construction update for you guys. Nothing about the extension unfortunately. I would love to get a firm opening date.
http://www.austintexas.gov/blogs/con...ruction-update
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5544  
Old Posted Jan 14, 2019, 11:30 PM
khowaga's Avatar
khowaga khowaga is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by masonh2479 View Post
Here's a pretty short construction update for you guys. Nothing about the extension unfortunately. I would love to get a firm opening date.
http://www.austintexas.gov/blogs/con...ruction-update
They’re installing glass decorative fixtures. That has to mean it’s close...right?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5545  
Old Posted Jan 15, 2019, 12:31 AM
masonh2479's Avatar
masonh2479 masonh2479 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Austin, Texas | Green Bay, Wisconsin
Posts: 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by khowaga View Post
They’re installing glass decorative fixtures. That has to mean it’s close...right?
I thought word was late January to early February opening of the North gates, then an early spring opening of the South gates after the singers get removed. It would just be nice to see the date set in stone. I'm sure airlines already have a date so I would also hope we start seeing more announcements soon.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5546  
Old Posted Jan 15, 2019, 1:25 AM
ATCZERO ATCZERO is offline
Air Traffic Controller
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Austin
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by masonh2479 View Post
I thought word was late January to early February opening of the North gates, then an early spring opening of the South gates after the singers get removed. It would just be nice to see the date set in stone. I'm sure airlines already have a date so I would also hope we start seeing more announcements soon.
Airport Ops guys toured the tower a week ago or so and said that the north gates would be done by the time Spirit starts flying because if not "we're screwed". From the tower, the East portion of the ramp is just about done. Taxi lanes are painted. The meeting minutes by the advisory commission has the terminal at 92% complete.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5547  
Old Posted Jan 15, 2019, 1:47 AM
masonh2479's Avatar
masonh2479 masonh2479 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Austin, Texas | Green Bay, Wisconsin
Posts: 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATCZERO View Post
Airport Ops guys toured the tower a week ago or so and said that the north gates would be done by the time Spirit starts flying because if not "we're screwed". From the tower, the East portion of the ramp is just about done. Taxi lanes are painted. The meeting minutes by the advisory commission has the terminal at 92% complete.
So if the gates aren't open by the time Spirit comes there will be a lack of space and a delayed commencement? So Spirit was our first announcement as a result of the new gates. I check the construction camera every other day and the only big hurdle left is removing the stingers and adding the permanents!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5548  
Old Posted Jan 15, 2019, 2:00 AM
ATCZERO ATCZERO is offline
Air Traffic Controller
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Austin
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by masonh2479 View Post
So if the gates aren't open by the time Spirit comes there will be a lack of space and a delayed commencement? So Spirit was our first announcement as a result of the new gates. I check the construction camera every other day and the only big hurdle left is removing the stingers and adding the permanents!
I have no clue what the port would do. I just talk to the planes.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5549  
Old Posted Jan 15, 2019, 2:38 AM
khowaga's Avatar
khowaga khowaga is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by masonh2479 View Post
So if the gates aren't open by the time Spirit comes there will be a lack of space and a delayed commencement? So Spirit was our first announcement as a result of the new gates. I check the construction camera every other day and the only big hurdle left is removing the stingers and adding the permanents!
Spirit starts 2/14. If the port isn’t ready, they’ll sit down and cry. Or...that’s what I’ll do if my dissertation isn’t done by April. Either way. Crying.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5550  
Old Posted Jan 15, 2019, 2:47 AM
AvgeekDL AvgeekDL is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 94
So if the north gates will be done within the next month, when will the whole thing be done? It should be done in time for the busy summer travel season right?

And most importantly, when will the Sky Club open?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5551  
Old Posted Jan 15, 2019, 4:21 AM
ATCZERO ATCZERO is offline
Air Traffic Controller
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Austin
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvgeekDL View Post
So if the north gates will be done within the next month, when will the whole thing be done? It should be done in time for the busy summer travel season right?

And most importantly, when will the Sky Club open?
There was a note in the meeting notes for the Austin airport advisory commission that said vendors and Delta we're good to start working on their spaces with their contractors. It did not specify if any work had started or how far along it was if they did already start.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5552  
Old Posted Jan 15, 2019, 5:02 AM
masonh2479's Avatar
masonh2479 masonh2479 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Austin, Texas | Green Bay, Wisconsin
Posts: 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATCZERO View Post
There was a note in the meeting notes for the Austin airport advisory commission that said vendors and Delta we're good to start working on their spaces with their contractors. It did not specify if any work had started or how far along it was if they did already start.
Good to see things are at least progressing for the SkyClub! Thanks for the information ATCZERO
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5553  
Old Posted Jan 19, 2019, 5:55 AM
GoldenBoot's Avatar
GoldenBoot GoldenBoot is offline
Member since 2001
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Terra Firma
Posts: 2,389
I flew into AUS last night and the new LEDs in the nine-gate expansion are really cool looking from the plane! I hope they implement that type of lighting throughout the BJT.
__________________
Austin (City): 950,715 +20.28% - '10-'17 | Austin MSA (5 counties): 2,115,827 +23.28% - '10-'17
San Antonio (City): 1,511,946 +13.90% - '10-'17 | San Antonio MSA (8 counties): 2,473,974 +15.47% - '10-'17
AUS-SAT "CSA" (13 counties): 4,589,801 +18.94% - '10-'17 | *SRC: US Census*
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5554  
Old Posted Jan 19, 2019, 6:28 AM
masonh2479's Avatar
masonh2479 masonh2479 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Austin, Texas | Green Bay, Wisconsin
Posts: 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBoot View Post
I flew into AUS last night and the new LEDs in the nine-gate expansion are really cool looking from the plane! I hope they implement that type of lighting throughout the BJT.
Awesome and I sure hope everything gets standardized with the old BJT looking like the extension!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5555  
Old Posted Jan 19, 2019, 10:32 PM
clubtokyo's Avatar
clubtokyo clubtokyo is offline
クラブトクヨ
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 781
Oh I love LED lighting, I will have to be on the lookout next flight
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5556  
Old Posted Jan 22, 2019, 5:00 PM
aschwab aschwab is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 85
Been a bit since I flew out of AUS, did so this last weekend (have been driving to IAH to get better connections lately).

1) It is crowded. Way more than I remember even from 9 months ago.

2) Where did all the new restaurants come from? I am happy with the changes.

3) Beers are way too expensive.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5557  
Old Posted Jan 23, 2019, 3:57 AM
ILUVSAT's Avatar
ILUVSAT ILUVSAT is offline
May the Schwartz be w/ U!
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: S.A. | Nashville
Posts: 715
Anyone know why the BA flight switched from the B77W to B772 today? It seems tomorrow's flight is also a B772.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5558  
Old Posted Jan 23, 2019, 4:20 AM
drummer drummer is offline
德克萨斯人 y'all
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Asia by way of Texas
Posts: 2,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by aschwab View Post
3) Beers are way too expensive.
Sadly, this is always true almost anywhere...
__________________
人无完人
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5559  
Old Posted Jan 23, 2019, 4:49 AM
mumu mumu is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSAT View Post
Anyone know why the BA flight switched from the B77W to B772 today? It seems tomorrow's flight is also a B772.
Probably just the low season and peak maintenance time of the year.
Kumbh Mela festival is starting soon in India, the largest gathering of humans in the world.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5560  
Old Posted Jan 23, 2019, 4:31 PM
aschwab aschwab is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by drummer View Post
Sadly, this is always true almost anywhere...
Sadly, this I know.

I wish they had some rules in there about alcohol prices like they do about food prices.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:28 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.