HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #11061  
Old Posted Jan 16, 2019, 8:25 PM
robertjhajek robertjhajek is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Ormewood Park
Posts: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
Is it just me or does it look like the crown of 1180 Peachtree got an upgrade? Last night the north facing side of it had sharper lighting and one corner was covered (presumably new signage).
Yeah they added King & Spalding signage up there and probably upgraded the lights in doing so!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #11062  
Old Posted Jan 17, 2019, 4:40 AM
jsvh jsvh is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 236
Atlanta Urban Office Districts Shine, Downtown Leads Net Absorption, Suburbs Lag

Atlanta urban office districts shine, with new projects and big leases | Atlanta Business Chronicle

Quote:
The glossy office towers of Atlanta’s urban districts continued to shine last year, posting almost 800,000 square feet of total net absorption.

Rents at top urban office properties in the city’s central business district climbed to $34.89 per foot — a 15 percent jump over the past 18 months and a historic high, according to a new report from Jones Lang LaSalle Inc.

For suburban buildings, the picture wasn’t nearly as bright.

...

Downtown, meanwhile, led all of Atlanta with 452,682 square feet of total net absorption, according to new data from Jones Lang LaSalle. Buckhead was positive by just 9,141 square feet, a reflection that more leasing activity was centered in other parts of the city.

...

In all, the central business district posted 797,069 square feet in absorption versus negative 317,000 square feet in suburban Atlanta. Net absorption for all of metro Atlanta finished the year positive, according to JLL.

...
That math also means that downtown had more absorption than the rest of the metro combined.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #11063  
Old Posted Jan 17, 2019, 1:54 PM
shivtim's Avatar
shivtim shivtim is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Midtown Atlanta
Posts: 1,398
^Interesting. Any idea where all that went in downtown? I recall a few new leases in Peachtree Center, and if they're counting Bank of America as "downtown" there was some absorption there in 2018. But 450,000sqft?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #11064  
Old Posted Jan 17, 2019, 3:35 PM
ATL_J's Avatar
ATL_J ATL_J is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivtim View Post
^Interesting. Any idea where all that went in downtown? I recall a few new leases in Peachtree Center, and if they're counting Bank of America as "downtown" there was some absorption there in 2018. But 450,000sqft?
I think they're getting some submarkets confused. Looking at CoStar data, Downtown had 314k net absorption over past 12 months, Midtown had 457k. Asking rents in Downtown are $24.63 and Midtown $35.25.

Downtown has definitely done well absorbing that much, but top buildings in the submarket are still asking mostly sub $30, mostly around $25 / SF Full-Service, with 191 Peachtree asking $31 / SF Full-Service, but executed leases actually much lower.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #11065  
Old Posted Jan 17, 2019, 5:32 PM
GeorgiaPeanuts GeorgiaPeanuts is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 1,167
A new Assisted living tower is being built at 2045 Peachtree Rd:

https://aca3.accela.com/ATLANTA_GA/C...howInspection=

It will replace the surface parking and the parking deck and the existing tower will be remaining.

Quote:
Heartis Buckhead - LD
Heartis Buckhead - LD. In proposed development the existing medical office building will remain and the surface parking and parking deck is replaced with a senior living facility of 213 units & amenities, structured parking below and above ground, utilities and landscaping. Stormwater will consist of underground detention, stormwater planters and a proprietary water quality device.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #11066  
Old Posted Jan 21, 2019, 5:48 PM
THWg THWg is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 24
The Atlanta Medical Center building on the SE corner of Ralph McGill and Boulevard is finally being demolished (started on Thursday). They put up a fence and gutted it a few months ago. I asked about it here and asked Curbed awhile ago, but no one knows anything about it.

I find the lack of interest and info odd since the apartment and townhome projects a few blocks away got dedicated articles on many sites.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #11067  
Old Posted Jan 21, 2019, 5:57 PM
Street Advocate Street Advocate is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 2,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by THWg View Post
The Atlanta Medical Center building on the SE corner of Ralph McGill and Boulevard is finally being demolished (started on Thursday). They put up a fence and gutted it a few months ago. I asked about it here and asked Curbed awhile ago, but no one knows anything about it.

I find the lack of interest and info odd since the apartment and townhome projects a few blocks away got dedicated articles on many sites.
I’ve been digging on this for a bit and still have limited info- despite being told WellStar (owns AMC) has been in discussion with the beltline DRC. I’ll see if I can find more info from those who work at the hospital.

Here’s a pic of demo from last Tuesday:


Also- they shut down some restaurants in the building across the street (chikfila)- I’m wondering if they’ll be expanding that building as well.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #11068  
Old Posted Jan 21, 2019, 6:14 PM
Username123 Username123 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
I’ve been digging on this for a bit and still have limited info- despite being told WellStar (owns AMC) has been in discussion with the beltline DRC. I’ll see if I can find more info from those who work at the hospital.

Here’s a pic of demo from last Tuesday:

Also- they shut down some restaurants in the building across the street (chikfila)- I’m wondering if they’ll be expanding that building as well.
That sign indicates that it’s going to be a new trauma center, part of the wording can be seen on the left.

Last edited by mayhem; Jan 21, 2019 at 11:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #11069  
Old Posted Jan 21, 2019, 6:55 PM
Street Advocate Street Advocate is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 2,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Username123 View Post
That sign indicates that it’s going to be a new trauma center, part of the wording can be seen on the left.
AMC is a level 1 trauma center. Cannot recall if it’s referencing that or saying it’s a new portion. Either way- i expect a new portion of the hospital and I’m more curious about the height, design, street level interaction, etc.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #11070  
Old Posted Jan 21, 2019, 9:56 PM
arctk2014 arctk2014 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by THWg View Post
The Atlanta Medical Center building on the SE corner of Ralph McGill and Boulevard is finally being demolished (started on Thursday). They put up a fence and gutted it a few months ago. I asked about it here and asked Curbed awhile ago, but no one knows anything about it.

I find the lack of interest and info odd since the apartment and townhome projects a few blocks away got dedicated articles on many sites.
Quote:
6:20pm New Business: 345 Boulevard NE – WELLSTAR HEALTH SYSTEMS, INC
The property is zoned C-2. The scope of work includes the demolition of an existing vacant medical office building and
the associated parking, to address safety concerns and to allow for the future development plans of the WellStar Atlanta
Medical Center campus.

By removing the existing 345 building, the site now exceeds the maximum parking limits allowed by the Overlay, which is 21 spaces based on the
office building square footage. The intent of the demolition is to impact as little of the site as possible while removing the 345 building, and therefore the existing parking at the rear of the site is intended to remain as is.
SOURCE:
https://beltlineorg-wpengine.netdna-...da_June-20.pdf

Atlanta Medical Center posted about the demolition last week on Facebook as well but didn't cite any specific plans yet.

https://www.facebook.com/AtlantaMedC...type=3&theater
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #11071  
Old Posted Jan 21, 2019, 10:12 PM
Street Advocate Street Advocate is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 2,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctk2014 View Post
SOURCE:
https://beltlineorg-wpengine.netdna-...da_June-20.pdf

Atlanta Medical Center posted about the demolition last week on Facebook as well but didn't cite any specific plans yet.

https://www.facebook.com/AtlantaMedC...type=3&theater
From the variance: “Variation request to allow demolition of an existing building greater than 50 years old without plan for redevelopment of the property. The building is currently vacant and there are safety and security concerns by the owner. The owner’s intent is to redevelop this site in the future for medical services.”

That lot and several others in O4W are still prime to be redeveloped. Hopefully we see a mix of usess including more offices, condos, townhomes, apartments, and retail. Areas include this lot, the surface parking to the east of it, between freedom parkway, boulevard, and ralph McGill, all of AMC’s surface parking, west of glen iris between wabash and east Ave, east of glen iris (both north ave to Morgan and rankin to wabash), and sunbelt rentals parcels. I’d even argue the garden style communities and surface lots between angier, parkway, Highland, and piedmont should be redeveloped and steeet grid introduced. Lots lots lots of opportunity for better use of space and infill.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #11072  
Old Posted Jan 22, 2019, 12:23 PM
sbrptree sbrptree is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjhajek View Post
Yeah they added King & Spalding signage up there and probably upgraded the lights in doing so!
Would someone grab a pic of the sign?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #11073  
Old Posted Jan 22, 2019, 2:16 PM
Martinman Martinman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL_J View Post
I think they're getting some submarkets confused. Looking at CoStar data, Downtown had 314k net absorption over past 12 months, Midtown had 457k. Asking rents in Downtown are $24.63 and Midtown $35.25.

Downtown has definitely done well absorbing that much, but top buildings in the submarket are still asking mostly sub $30, mostly around $25 / SF Full-Service, with 191 Peachtree asking $31 / SF Full-Service, but executed leases actually much lower.

JLL may define the submarkets differently than the report CoStar is using.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #11074  
Old Posted Jan 22, 2019, 2:36 PM
jwbab jwbab is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 399
Agenda and Fact Sheets for today's Development Authority of Fulton County January meeting.

http://www.developfultoncounty.com/d...Fact_Sheet.pdf
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #11075  
Old Posted Jan 22, 2019, 2:57 PM
Street Advocate Street Advocate is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 2,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbab View Post
Agenda and Fact Sheets for today's Development Authority of Fulton County January meeting.

http://www.developfultoncounty.com/d...Fact_Sheet.pdf
<333 all 3 phases of Star Metals, both phases of Midtown Union (without any mention of the residential portions), 1105 West Peachtree, 125 Milton Ave (495 surface parking spaces adjacent the BeltLine ), 900 Joseph E. Lowery Boulevard (seems relatively low density for the site...)
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #11076  
Old Posted Jan 22, 2019, 8:15 PM
jsvh jsvh is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinman View Post
JLL may define the submarkets differently than the report CoStar is using.
Yeah, BoA Tower for example could account for a big part of that if you count it as Downtown or Midtown.

Either way, in town, urban office is booming and Downtown is doing better than it has in decades.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #11077  
Old Posted Jan 22, 2019, 9:13 PM
Sura Sura is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: NoSoNo
Posts: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
Yeah, BoA Tower for example could account for a big part of that if you count it as Downtown or Midtown.

Either way, in town, urban office is booming and Downtown is doing better than it has in decades.
I believe BoA is part of NoSoNo
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #11078  
Old Posted Jan 23, 2019, 12:56 AM
mayhem mayhem is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Downtown ATL
Posts: 1,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sura View Post
I believe BoA is part of NoSoNo
BOA is downtown.
__________________
SHERMAN SHOULD HAVE BURNED GWINNETT.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #11079  
Old Posted Jan 23, 2019, 2:30 AM
Sura Sura is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: NoSoNo
Posts: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
BOA is downtown.
I don't think NoSoNo counts as downtown. Nice try.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #11080  
Old Posted Jan 23, 2019, 5:57 AM
AtlantaMustang's Avatar
AtlantaMustang AtlantaMustang is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sura View Post
I don't think NoSoNo counts as downtown. Nice try.
Yes it does. Downtown reaches North Ave. Nice try.



https://atlanta.curbed.com/2017/3/28...meeting-survey

Or what google maps shows.



Also "NoSoNo" is not a thing. It's "SoNo", referring to South of North Ave.

Quote:
SoNo (South of North Avenue) is a sub-district of downtown Atlanta, Georgia, just south of Midtown.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SoNo,_Atlanta
__________________
Raised in Atlanta, based in Shanghai
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:06 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.