HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Sep 14, 2014, 5:42 AM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoinnich View Post
I went to an AIA event last night where Jeff Kovel of Skylab was speaking. He described construction of the block 67 tower as "imminent".
That is awesome news, I can't wait to see all the buildings planned for that area going up, it is going to be a massive change to that area.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2014, 10:47 PM

http://highrisefacilities.com/develo...ial-high-rise/

Quote:
Developers Secure Financing to Build Portland Residential High-Rise
High Rise Facilities | September 15, 2014
Block 67 PortlandGuardian Real Estate Services and Key Development Corporation have secured $71.75 million in construction financing for the development of Block 67, a 21-story, 284-unit, Class A apartment high-rise in Portland’s Central Eastside district. Financing for the project was structured by HFF through a senior construction loan and mezzanine financing.

Designed by Skylab Architecture, Block 67 is located at the intersection of NE 3rd Avenue and Burnside Street, just steps away from the Burnside Bridge. Due for completion in early 2016, the property will feature 16 levels of residential apartments above approximately 24,700 square feet of retail/commercial space and parking on the first five floors.

Community amenities will include a 9,300-square-foot eco-roof and podium level that is planned to feature fire pits, barbecue area, pet exercise area, fitness center and spa. Apartment finishes will be high-quality with many units offering unrivaled views of the Portland skyline.

Block 67 is part of the Portland Development Commission’s Burnside Bridgehead Redevelopment Area. The PDC carefully created a Framework Plan for the area, and in July 2010 issued a request for proposals from developers in a competitive process from which Key Development was ultimately selected to be the PDC’s preferred developer for the B67 site.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2014, 1:50 AM
A before E

That is awesome news, I was wondering when we would start seeing buildings under construction at the bridgehead.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2014, 6:22 PM

Yard (Skylab - Block 67) | 200' | 21 floors | U/C

Given the news this week that the building has secured financing, I thought it really needs its own thread. Images from Design Review documents [117 MB PDF].

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Sep 20, 2014, 6:26 PM

Plans

Old Posted Oct 9, 2014, 1:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife View Post
That is awesome news, I was wondering when we would start seeing buildings under construction at the bridgehead.
I noticed construction fencing going up around the high-rise site while heading into work yesterday morning. Although I just checked the status of plan review and there's still new checksheets issued.. Soon I hope!

Old Posted Oct 9, 2014, 7:58 PM

As RED_PDXer mentioned in the Central Eastside thread, Andersen Construction appear to be mobilizing on site. There are two site huts set up between NE 3rd and Couch. Permits are still under review though.

Last edited by maccoinnich; Oct 10, 2014 at 2:50 AM.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2014, 4:36 AM

Can't wait to watch this tower go up, my favorite current project actually. Portland needs more Skylab.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2014, 4:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDaMan View Post
Can't wait to watch this one go up, my favorite current project actually. Portland needs more Skylab.
Definitely! I hope they revive the orig. plans for 'The Weave' some day.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2014, 6:37 AM

60 of the 284 units in Block 67 will be affordable to households at or below 60 percent of median family income.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2014, 4:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sioux612 View Post
Definitely! I hope they revive the orig. plans for 'The Weave' some day.
+111
I was looking forward not only to The Weave itself, but its impact/influence on the surrounding area of Burnside.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2014, 5:39 AM

The site development and structural reviews for the foundation permit were approved today. All that's left is the pre-issuance check, which is mostly a formality.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2014, 5:28 AM

They've begun building some kind of wooden structure on the site already, although I couldn't tell what it was for.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2014, 1:59 PM

I Have to say, that this is a nice looking building. Can't wait to see it rise.
With all the construction going on, this time next year we will see a whole new Portland. PAW should be fully dressed; Cosmopolitan will be rising; and this one too. I can't wait. I sure wish the original Cosmopolitan got built
I do remember some projects a few years back, like the boat storage tower, and
the Space Neetle like tower. Does anyone remember that project?

Old Posted Oct 19, 2014, 7:17 PM

For some reason I'm pretty mixed on my thoughts for this building.

Yes, it's different than most residential units being built, but it's also very slab sided, and it presents to the river a very long and flat face.

Hopefully when it's actually built, it will interact well with the street below and the environment around. Until then, I'm just not sold on how this is going to integrate there.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2014, 12:12 AM

I'm honestly excited about any development starting off in the CEID. This could become a mirror of density on the west side connecting from Lloyd to OMSI. I think this is an excellent cluster of buildings to start this off.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2014, 1:11 AM
A before E

I am really hoping to see the whole East Burnside District turn into quite the urban district with a distinct skyline.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2014, 3:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdxnative View Post
I do remember some projects a few years back, like the boat storage tower, and
the Space Neetle like tower. Does anyone remember that project?
both of those were projects from developer Derek Hanna (of the Hanna car wash family). he got overextended on the boat storage facility and stiffed a bunch of the consultants before going someplace where the lawyers couldn't find him. I know this because I was among the stiffed.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2014, 4:43 PM

I really wish there weren't people who dishonestly gamble with our city like that. How shitty.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2014, 7:57 PM

Can we change the thread title to "Under Construction"? The DJC is reporting ($) that "site clearing and excavation for the $58 million Burnside bridgehead mixed-use tower began Monday".

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland