HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton

Old Posted Feb 8, 2008, 5:59 PM
Closed account

I saw the print edition. It was in the front section.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2008, 2:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAMRetrofit View Post
^ why don't you discuss these things on your own time somewhere else. They are astoundingly uninteresting.
This is my own time as much as it is yours. You do not have to respect that fact, but it would be nice if you would at least not be so blatantly disrespectful of it.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2008, 6:08 AM
Pro Urban Degenerate

My point is that none of your posts ever have to do with the thread at hand. This is a thread about McMaster innovation park. The previous posts made about Hooters have nothing to do with the topic. Out of respect for everyone here is it possible to engage in a conversation about the topic at hand. I get the sense that you are you here to just stir up shit with other members and it ruins an otherwise constructive discussion.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2008, 1:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAMRetrofit View Post
My point is that none of your posts ever have to do with the thread at hand. This is a thread about McMaster innovation park. The previous posts made about Hooters have nothing to do with the topic. Out of respect for everyone here is it possible to engage in a conversation about the topic at hand. I get the sense that you are you here to just stir up shit with other members and it ruins an otherwise constructive discussion.
There were multiple posts about Hooters before I ever chimed in. My post was not inflammatory. As for times when I do stir things up, I have admitted on multiple occasions that I taunt raisethehammer at times, but generally not without provocation and I generally and genuinely believe that what I post is much more reasonable and open to response than what he posts.

I do type on topic --- in recent days/weeks, I have made comments about Lime Ridge and Jackson in the Downtown thread, about the suburbs in the Waterdown thread (and gotten hopelessly unfairly blasted for it), about Starbucks in the Locke Street thread, and I have made loads of very much on-topic comments about Harry Stinson --- I just do not have much belief in him. The only thread in which I took things slightly off-topic was when I helped initiate a sidetrack about days of better fries in the Harveys thread --- it was quite innocent and I day to say fun.

raisethehammer never stops railing about parking lots, drive-thrus, one-way roads, ineptness/corruption at city hall, the evils of developers and big business, the crappiness of anything outside the four square kilometres of downtown, etc., etc., in an extremely repetitive, militant, unfriendly, and inflexible/close-minded manner, and yet you do not seem to mind that. I also just noticed a huge off-track convo in which raisethehammer stated that I must be Goldfinger, based on nothing other than the fact that Goldy has similar views to me --- I had nothing to do with getting things off-topic there.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2008, 5:25 PM

The Toronto Star article on MaRS was a kind of photo essay and doesn't seem to have an online version. Unfortunately they no longer post the PDF versions of every page of the paper.

The MaRS/MIP rivalry is interesting to hear of. This should help spur on creative excellence at both facilities.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2008, 12:37 AM

Old Posted Feb 15, 2008, 3:59 AM
It's Hammer Time

Good to see GE Healthcare is part of the partnership. GE (General Electric) Healthcare is a big player in the private research area of isotope, radiation, MRI, etc. I deal with them every once in awhile at work. Hopefully they'll build a plant at MIP.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2008, 3:01 PM
It's Hammer Time

Old Posted Feb 15, 2008, 3:02 PM
It's Hammer Time

Hotel Project

Sale of land to developer/hotelier
Long term stay suites hotel such as a Residence by Marriott
Shared conference facilities and meeting rooms with 175 Longwood Road South
Market analysis pending - approximately 138 rooms

Old Posted Feb 15, 2008, 9:07 PM
Hammer'd

Those renderings are awesome.
"Above all, Hamilton must learn to think like a city, not a suburban hybrid where residents drive everywhere. What makes Hamilton interesting is the fact it's a city. The sprawl that surrounds it, which can be found all over North America, is running out of time."

Old Posted Feb 15, 2008, 9:13 PM
It's Hammer Time

It looks like with the Camco building they'll build a patio roof.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2008, 9:14 PM

Yeah the renderings look great.

I was just curious about the light fixtures in the district. Would they be conventional street lamps or will they go for a modern type design such as the new drop off section of St. Joes has? I think that would do wonders for improving the look of the area.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2008, 9:54 PM
Closed account

according to that rendering the lights are even more modern than the ones at St Joes.
I'm not used to seeing a construction rendering in Hamilton that shows people walking and riding bikes!! WOW! Do they know what city they're in?? haha

Old Posted Feb 26, 2008, 6:35 PM
It's Hammer Time

Renovation for the Camco building has kicked into full gear lately. The entire top floor window has been ripped out, so it appears they are working from the top to the bottom.

Also a new leasing sign is up at the top of the Camco building.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2008, 7:58 PM

Every piece of news about new developments and tenatns at MIP is another stake in the heart of the trinity proposal. Go MIP Go!!

Old Posted Feb 26, 2008, 8:03 PM
Pro Urban Degenerate

Tell Trinity to get some industrial or commercial tenants and come back.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2008, 8:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coalminecanary View Post
Every piece of news about new developments and tenatns at MIP is another stake in the heart of the trinity proposal. Go MIP Go!!
I hope so, it would be so great to see modern office parks surrounding MIP. They would be visible from the 403 and maybe some people would have a better impression of Hamilton. So much better to have highly skilled, highly paid workers instead of low paying retail jobs.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2008, 9:28 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelTown View Post
Renovation for the Camco building has kicked into full gear lately. The entire top floor window has been ripped out, so it appears they are working from the top to the bottom.

Also a new leasing sign is up at the top of the Camco building.
Any idea who is handling the leasing?

Old Posted Feb 26, 2008, 10:08 PM
It's Hammer Time

^ McMaster.

Windows are now ripped out from the top 2 floors.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2008, 2:23 AM
Closed account

Are they working on it throughout the night? I can see a big bright light coming from the area as we speak.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton