HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Apr 25, 2011, 4:08 PM
I like this much better

Well, I was fucking smashed when I wrote that but as for the tats, yeah, that's pretty easy. Shit, I have first hand experience all growing up where my parents would decry and slander (not to their face, however) anyone who had visible tattoos.

I've seen people be VERY judgmental about that kind of stuff.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2011, 4:08 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Meat View Post
I'm aware of that much, but, you know, usually with mascots, they at least KINDA make sense... The Nuggets, for example, are a reference to the fact that Denver is the most marijua...I mean, it has to do with gold. The Avalanche, that's pretty self explanatory, the Rapids, same deal, the Broncos, well, we all know what Broncos are.

I know what wolves are. And I know what Thunder is. But I don't know what a Thunderwolf is. Again, outside the obvious, which is that it's that schools mascot.
Its a mythological animal and when they decided to get a new mascot that is the one they liked. Another thing I noticed is the design of the football uniform is about the same as the ones used for the Pueblo Crusaders and the De Roses were involved with both so I am thinking there is a connection but I am not sure.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2011, 4:28 PM
of Gnomeregan

Quote:
Well, I was fucking smashed when I wrote that but as for the tats, yeah, that's pretty easy. Shit, I have first hand experience all growing up where my parents would decry and slander (not to their face, however) anyone who had visible tattoos.

I've seen people be VERY judgmental about that kind of stuff.
I have too... but that doesn't mean it's right. Just means it's true.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2011, 5:25 PM
I like this much better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainpathology View Post
I have too... but that doesn't mean it's right. Just means it's true.
Wait, that what is true? Their judgements? The whole "people with tattoos are just idiots who will pump gas all their lives" stuff? That's true?

Old Posted Apr 25, 2011, 5:34 PM
of Gnomeregan

Quote:
Wait, that what is true? Their judgements? The whole "people with tattoos are just idiots who will pump gas all their lives" stuff? That's true?
No the fact that people make the judgments based on the sole presence of a tattoo or skateboard is what I was saying is true. In other words I'm not arguing that people make those types of judgments.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2011, 5:40 PM
Bring out the cranes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
Sports trash talk isn't serious bashing.

Last time I check "gay marriage" or any lame "polygamy jokes" has nothing to do with sports. If this is about sports trash talk then keep it as such. Leave the Mormon church out of it. NOT EVERYBODY IN UTAH ARE MORMONS.
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976

Old Posted Apr 25, 2011, 5:42 PM
of Gnomeregan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC Projects View Post

Last time I check "gay marriage" or any lame "polygamy jokes" has nothing to do with sports. If this is about sports trash talk then keep it as such. Leave the Mormon church out of it. NOT EVERYBODY IN UTAH ARE MORMONS.
It was a chant that actually happened in a sporting event. How does that not have to do with sports trash talk???

Old Posted Apr 25, 2011, 5:48 PM
cities|transit|croissants

I can't stop 20,000 people in a stadium from chanting, and I'm not going to stop people here from mentioning that people chant in stadiums.

If this thread becomes an angry discussion of religion then maybe we'll consider doing something about it, but right now you're the only person taking it that way.

YOU, SLC_Projects, are the only party in this thread that is inserting the Mormon Church into the discussion seriously. If you don't want that to be a subject, then don't make it one. By the same token, if you want the subject banned, you'll be the first person who will have to be moderated.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2011, 5:58 PM
I like this much better

Quote:
No the fact that people make the judgments based on the sole presence of a tattoo or skateboard is what I was saying is true. In other words I'm not arguing that people make those types of judgments.

Oh, right, absolutely. I think that's what I was trying to say, too. I definitely know that people judge based on that. My point is, and actually, it's best expressed in something that a few chicks have said to me before, which is "Huh... you don't look like you'd be smart".

Old Posted Apr 25, 2011, 6:04 PM
Urban Planning Proselyte

Quote:
How are tattoos and skating hiding how smart you are? Please can you put the list down here of what sports and what body changes are allowed for smart people? I assume shaving a beard and going to the gym are body modifications that "smart" people do but that tattoos are things that mostly "stupid" people do? I need the full list though so that everything I do to my body will proclaim to everyone in the know that I'm smart. My psyche isn't strong enough to accidentally modify my body or participate in any activity that someone may stereotype as unintelligent.

And then in the VERY next sentence you ridicule for measuring someone by how well they articulate themselves! REALLY????

And also skaters and tattoo'd people or whatever movement you think they are repeats of only tear people down and look after themselves? Is that REALLY what you and the authors you read believe?
I don't have anything against you or anyone else being a skater or having a tattoo. Can you please go back and quote where you think that became the thrust of my post you quoted?

Edited to add:
If this is because of that humorous clip from World Shut Your Mouth, I think you missed the point of that post. It is satire.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2011, 6:11 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Oh, right, absolutely. I think that's what I was trying to say, too. I definitely know that people judge based on that. My point is, and actually, it's best expressed in something that a few chicks have said to me before, which is "Huh... you don't look like you'd be smart".
Kudos to being the outlier.

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted Apr 25, 2011, 6:29 PM
I like this much better

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
Kudos to being the outlier.
sometimes i let things get me down
people tell me that i've got no future
not this time, i'm gonna prove them wrong
i'm gonna screw them all and beat the system

distinguish myself
from the rest of the flock
with my huge blue mohawk
i choose not to follow the norm
i'm as capable and more qualified than most

people, you've gotta face the fact
realize that we can make a difference
ignorance, the plague is everywhere
you know you gotta care about your freedoms

single handedly
i will wage my war on a personal level
everyday i will attack the establishment
fishing without a license
and i will drink wine befoe it's time

everything will be okay
sit at home and watch television
don't think anymore
no time for self expression
keep me in the closet man, in the dark
be a number, not a human
number 201 reporting for duty, sir

this time...i'm gonna prove them wrong
this time...i'll show them that i'm strong
this time...i'll fight until the end
this time...just you and i my friend
this time...

Old Posted Apr 25, 2011, 6:29 PM
I like this much better

just for reference, anything i post after midnight, i'm probably wasted.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2011, 6:33 PM
of Gnomeregan

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.p.hansen View Post
I don't have anything against you or anyone else being a skater or having a tattoo. Can you please go back and quote where you think that became the thrust of my post you quoted?

Edited to add:
If this is because of that humorous clip from World Shut Your Mouth, I think you missed the point of that post. It is satire.
Read my post.. I quoted the part that I thought suggested what I was responding to.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2011, 6:34 PM
Urban Planning Proselyte

Quote:
That is why a thread like this exists. So we can get to know each other and have more a community here .

Old Posted Apr 25, 2011, 6:46 PM
Urban Planning Proselyte

Quote:
Read my post.. I quoted the part that I thought suggested what I was responding to.
I have no clue if you read my post in context to the conversation. When did I mention physical appearances?

Strange Meat said that the polygamy soccer chant must have got to me because I responded to it in an articulate manner (hence the quote and response). People here and in the football thread keep teasing us Utahans for being squares. And I lobbed the same grenades back in their direction. It's called being snarky.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2011, 7:05 PM
Becoming Chicago-fied!

Quote:
Since when does it have to be posted after midnight, my friend? Aren't you nearly ALWAYS wasted?

Aaron (Glowrock)

Old Posted Apr 25, 2011, 7:17 PM
cities|transit|croissants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Associated Press
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110425/ap_on_re_us/us_colorado_mall_fire

Bombing attempt unrelated to Columbine

An apparent attempted bombing at a Colorado shopping mall was not likely related to the 12-year anniversary of the shootings at nearby Columbine High School, the FBI said.

Investigators have found a motive but aren't releasing additional information, FBI Denver spokesman Dave Joly said Monday.

The agency on Sunday alerted field offices covering all 50 states and Puerto Rico to be on the lookout for Earl Albert Moore, 65.

Moore has been named the suspect in Wednesday's fire at Southwest Plaza Mall, about 2 miles from Columbine, where 12 students and a teacher were killed in 1999.
Southwest Plaza?!

Didn't want to drive over to Park Meadows? Maybe he didn't want to hurt anybody...

Old Posted Apr 25, 2011, 8:16 PM
I like this much better

Quote:
Originally Posted by glowrock View Post
Since when does it have to be posted after midnight, my friend? Aren't you nearly ALWAYS wasted?

Aaron (Glowrock)
If my posts are somewhat insightful and thoughtful yet long and rambling, I'm high. Angry and short? Drunk.

But I usually don't make any typos when wasted, which, actually, is very bad (trust me...)

Old Posted Apr 25, 2011, 8:17 PM
I like this much better

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West